Why did the decepticons took autobots in prison?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Flatline, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Flatline

Flatline Well-Known Member

Why did the decepticons took autobots in prison?I thought decepticons kinda "no prisoners!" kind of guys.(Autobots didn't take prisoners.)

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So Bee and co. could kill Soundwave and Barricade.

3. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Because they needed a sad moment (with Sam) in the film.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Because Sentinel asked them to? He was overseeing the whole thing from the top of the building and throwing Star Trek quotes at the 'bots the whole time.

5. reigrim

reigrim Unit 00

Because villains enjoy bragging, before they half their ass handed to them!

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Because the Movie-verse loves to portray Cons as fucking dumb.

The 'sad moment' with Bee almost buying it could very well have been accomplished as follows. Soundwave and Bee have a hand-to-hand throwdown in which they disarm each other, with Soundwave eventually coming out on top and retrieving his weapon. As he cocks it and prepares to blow Bee's head off while gloating, NEST come to the rescue. No need for illogical taking of prisoners, and we get to see Soundwave kick some ass.

7. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Why did you watch all 3 if all you do is complain since the first one?

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I assumed they were keeping them to use them in a hostage situation against Optimus ["Okay Optimus, drop your weapons and we'll handle you Bumblebee, if you don't I'll blow him to smithereens"].

9. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

I would ass-U-me that they wanted bot slaves along with humans. Soundwave should've killed mumblebee instead of Que first or just not take so damn long to pull the trigger.....like BOOM!!! Point blank range leaves camaro chips all over the pavement.

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Wait, so you want the humans to come in and save the day?

11. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    With the exception of Ironhide, maybe Sentinel deep down inside felt merciful to the Autobots since he is technically still an Autobot.

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    "Why did the decepticons took autobots in prison?" I'm sorry, I :lol 'd at the thread title.

To answer the question, Disregarding what Bay may have wanted, The decepticons, while rutheless, can also be tactical. If anything, this was probably a trap to lure in Optimus since after all, Megatron ordered every Con in Chicago to "find them!" But Dillian, seeing that there should be absolutely no one to stop them, wanted the autobots killed. Soundwave is a decepticon, and a decepticon in Bayverse simply doesn't resist the option to kill when recommended. That's why I didn't see that situation as "Dillian bossing soundwave" but more so Dillian recommending to cap the Bots.

13. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    ormirage first. kinda like a f-u to ferrari for not letting him be dino or letting him have at least a small pistol.

14. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I like Overlord Balder's reasoning: it shows smart tactics, though God help the 'Cons if it didn't work.

My favored theory, however, is that they were enjoying their victory, lining them up and killing them one by one to savor the kill and their dominance over the Autobots. It's like that one quote from Discworld (the only one I remember):

"If you have to look along the shaft of an arrow from the wrong end, if a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you're going to die. So they'll talk. They'll gloat. They'll watch you squirm. They'll put off the moment of murder like another man will put off a good cigar. So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word."

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In the hope they'd get better. Don't label me a subconscious Bay supporter, though - I didn't pay a cent to see any of them.

Just operating within the confines of the scene that was already set. If I had my way, things would've unfolded very differently.

16. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

I agree with what Balder said.
    You have to remember, the Wreckers and Optimus were still out there as far as the Decepticons knew. The Autobot Prisoners could be a good source of information such as the location of the other Autobots, any possible news of a human counter-attack and if so, what/how/where/when it would come. Or they could've been using them as hostages.

17. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    I think they really needed a scene to transition to the bots having been taken prisoner, but my guess is the same as others, that they wanted more slaves. Plus, they took the city easily and thought they had an iron grip on the situation, so why not take prisoners?

Good point. I've seen your posts all over the movie forums, Nachtsider, and it's all just complaining. Is that what's fun for you? You never add anything to discussions, either.

I think the movies have lots of flaws too, but I like to enjoy what we got.

18. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Maybe they got surround and they surrender.

19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I didn't like that scene at all because it made so sense: the Decepticons in these films would have gunned them down where they stood instead of rounding them up, and how could the Autobots surrender with all their weaponry and new tech (especially considering that they knew they'd get killed by their age-old enemies, so it would be better to fight and die)?

All it did was showcase that Dylan was a suck-up, Bumblebee was hardcore and one should never underestimate the little ones (Wheelie and Brains).

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It didn't look like they were interested in doing that at all though. They just wanted to gloat before they killed them, and show the audience how evil they are.