why did sentinel want to restore cybertron...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rego0012, Jul 3, 2011.

1. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when all that is left is decepticons to inhabit it?!?

i can think of reasons or have things explained in supplementary material to the small questions that dont get answered in the films...but this one...i really dont get.

2. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Because it's their home? Their home where they can be gods again, and not have to worry about humans?

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Because it is the duty of the Prime to protect Cybertron, and make sure it flourishes (well probably), but it is the home of their race.

4. rego0012

News Credits:
    i suppose i just dont get what he would plan to do if the plan to bring cybertron back worked. he would just be ruler of a planet full of evil. his plan really makes no sense...

you get the world back but now you just helped the enemy win. there is no ruling a world that doesnt want your rule. it would just end up making him another megatron

maybe i just dont understand why he is even a autobot in the first place. he claims to be one still yet he is only helping the enemy win the "war"

5. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Sentinel probably would've found a way to put the 'Cons in their place so they can come together for harmony. I think Sentinel didn't necessarily want EVIL, he just knew that if Cybertron was to live, the race would have to come together instead of wage war upon itself.

6. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also there could be other autobots in hiding on Cybertron, it's a big place.

7. rego0012

News Credits:
    i guess ill just chalk up my confusion to not enough information to have a solid answer on.
    its just strange to me with the information that the war is lost that he would still go through with the plan when there is nothing left to salvage out of it.

8. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Either way, they're gone now.

9. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

He just wants his home back, even if it means harming another race. But Optimus decided to protect the humans and Megatron didn't want to be "Sentinel's bitch" (lol! High five for Carly).

10. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Well Optimus does put out a call to Autobots scattered across the galaxy to come to Earth so there are probably a few still left out there. Even if there aren't Sentinel wants to restore Cybertron so much that even before the war ended he wanted to betray the Autobots to get it done. The way he sees it in my opinion is that he wants his race to survive and with only one side left, under his command, peace would return to Cybertron. He would probably raid other planets for supplies to maintain Cybertron but the war would be over.

11. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

It's his home planet. What other reason would he need?

Who cares if it has people he doesn't like in it. Most of us live in our hometowns with people we don't like. Doesn't mean we want to see it destroyed.

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    yeah, but some cybertronians have SERIOUS issues

13. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

I think the issue was he joined with Megatron to achieve such a goal when it was clearly established Megatron was a very bad guy. Sentinal could have gone out and searched for the allspark . Building the space bridge wasn't evil , wanting cybertron restored isn't evil . Completely making the stupid move of joining up with Megatron cause he was lazy or not smart enough to do it otherwise is evil .

14. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Why wouldn't he? It's his HOME planet, no more taking orders from humans, no more being called "machines" and no more being confined to a cramped military hangar half the time. On Cybertron they wouldn't take orders from anyone, could go where ever they wanted. In fact I don't know how some of the Autobots take it on Earth.

The way Lennox said: "their like teenagers, they like to get out once in awhile" And then we have the Wreckers "We don't let them off the base" It's like the Autobots are just military weapons who can only go out when they are needed to.

15. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

If Cybertron is going to be rebuilt by Autobots they need the Decepticons to go along with it.

Good idea only problem as stated by Jetfire Decepticons are evil and chaos driven because their founder, The Fallen, was an utter jerk.

They still need an Energon source. The Allspark Cube is gone and Havester is damaged but I suppose Sentinel Prime has the brains to repair it. They only need the Matrix which now the Allspark.

While they do not have the numbers a six billion slave labor force to strip mine Earth for resources does seem to be a good idea.

As to why Sentinel Prime was obsessed with Cybertron. As stated by Optimus at the beginning of TF1 all hope seemed lot and at the DOTM naration the Autobots were outnumbered and outgunned by the Decepticons.

Sentinel Prime used to be a great leader who valued freedom. But if that freedom means the death of Cybertron and the death of their civilization he is willing to be a benevolent and tyrannical dictator.

His plan was really take over the Decepticons from within and unite them with the Autobots. Whether the Autobots wanted to or not.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps Sentinal isn't like Prime so that Sentinal is unwilling to doom his entire species to win the war or protect a less species.

Lets say that instead of Cybertron to be saved it was Earth to be saved. Would you consider a human heroic if he or she doomed our planet and our species to save something like Ewoks? Heck no, films would have the hero save the Earth and humanity even if we have some evil humans on our planet.

If the Transformers are an intelligent species then the robots would have to chose their side. With the war over there really isn't that huge need for labels like Autobots and Decepticons. With humans when a war is over people stop killing each other and start rebuilding, would intelligent robots be that different if they have other human traits?

17. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    To make their home liveable again.

18. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

But they need tons of Energon for that and humans can't provide that.

Sentinel Prime sparing Optimus meant he could've wanted Optimus to side with him willing use the Matrix to revive Cybertron.

Using Earth for resources and slave labor goes against every principle Sentinel preached.

Heck they can just take the Sun Harvester and fix it. The whole human slaves thing is just extraneous.

The original plan with Megatron was not to bring the Allspark to Cybetron but bring Cybertron to the Allspark.

Megatron was probably wondering where the heck Sentinel Prime was and he didn't rescue him.

19. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

So do some humans, what's your point?

20. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Why did sentinel want to restore cybertron...? I think the question is why did he chose to betray the Autobots I mean with his advance technology The Autobots could easy win the war and the Allsparks will never be destroy and Cyertron will be save