Why did I never see an Alternators Camshaft or Mirage?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ronstar, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Member

Hi all. This is my first post here so please be gentle. I tried to find the answer on the boards but was not able to. With the last 2 Alternators released, this question has REALLY been bugging me.

I have NEVER seen an Alternators Camshaft or Mirage. The only Alt I have ever bought on eBay was Nemesis Prime. Every other Alt I have found on the shelves, with the exception of Mirage and Camshaft. Still missing them, and from the looks of the online retailers, a lot of people have been buying them that way.

Why have I never seen them? Were they extremely limited? Were they exclusives?

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Alt Camshaft was an e-bay exclusive.

:D 

In all seriousness, I have seen them all in stores, except Camshaft, I think it was because he came out packed one to a case during a "slow time" for toys.

3. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Come to Canada and you'll see Camshaft. As for Mirage, I haven't seen one yet :( 

4. Ronstar

Ronstar Member

People refer to them in the present tense. Does that mean that they are still shipping? I was under the impression that there are no new alt shipments except Ravage and Rumble.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually that's a common misconception, in reality it was really a Canadian exclusive.

6. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    The peeps from Canada say they have plenty of Camshafts up there. As for me, I was fortunate enough to see both Mirage and Camshaft at retail. I think I've seen Mirage a couple times and Camshaft ONLY ONCE...and that was when I bought him....or put him in layaway, rather.

7. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    WELCOME TO 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know about anyone else but here in WA, well i've hed 4 Mirages and 3 camshafts.

8. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've seen Mirage a couple times, wish I had gotten more than one since they fetch a good price on eBay. Never seen a Camshaft, though, don't think I'll pursue adding one to my collection.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Never saw a Camshaft either. I had planned on turning him into Bumblebee, but changed my mind when I realized that everyone was pulling their hair out about his rarity.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I also never saw Camshaft or Mirage, however I had a friend who worked at Wal-mart snag me the only Mirage he ever saw. And just like you, those are the only 2 I never saw in stores. Swerve, red box Tracks? No probs here.

As for why they were so elusive, I chalk it up to the wave that preceeded them. A Scion and 3 repaints? Instant shelf-warmers. Shelf-warming for over a year while waiting for a relatively exciting wave to show up = the exciting wave is barely ordered by the store due to poor sales of previous wave, and when exciting wave does show up, is instantly bought by whatever schmoe happens to be walking by at the time.

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only saw 1 Camshaft and 1 Swerve on the shelf. Luckily I bought both. ;D

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I saw mirage more then camshaft, who i saw twice in one day and bought both. That was also the last time i saw them.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I saw both of them a few times, but I definitely saw them less than the other Alts.

14. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

That could be one of those cases where it was bought out-of-state (or country) and returned at a sister retail store. I myself have not seen Camshaft anywhere. I need only he, Rumble, and Ravage (XKR). If anyone here can point me to a Camshaft...please?

~Z

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    *points in canada's general direction*

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Well never saw Camshaft, Red Box Prowl, Decpticharge, and only saw Swerve once.

I suggest pre-ordering both Mirage and Camshaft from Casefresh. It'll run you about $45 each.

17. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw many Mirages but I stop at Walmart and Target on a daily basis. I only saw two Camshafts though.. one of which I bought.

18. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

This is something odd. Let me tell all of you a story:

I live in the south of Chile. Distribution of transformers here has always been really bad. One fine day I went to a department store and voila!: 2 Alt Prime, 2 Alt Mirage and 3 Alt Camshaft, new, sealed, and at a very low price. I bought a Mirage.

1 month later I went near the capital city, and guess what: I saw even more Camshafts and Mirages.

Now, if someone can explain me why in this country where we never get an Optimus Prime I found these figures that are hard to find in some states, go on, 'cos I don't understand.

19. BAH

BAH Active Member

Seen them both here. Mirage only a once, camshaft many times. Usually at a Zellers. St. Albert one is pretty good for that.

20. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    I've seen less than ten Mirages in the area of the midwest that makes up my toy hunting ground. But, I've never seen a Camshaft.