Why did I hate the animated toys but love the prime toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by micah1199, Apr 24, 2012.

1. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

I hated and still hate the look of the animated toys, but I love the prime toys. I can't get enough. Prime seems to me to be a perfect blending of all tat was good in the bayformers, classics (CHUG), and animated. What does everyone else think?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    The Prime toys don't look Playskool.

3. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

I had this thought as well.

4. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    whereas I find the prime line to be horribly toy like (as toys go...)

I loved how stylised animated was. Its the only line other than alterators and G1 that i'm interested in owning anymore. I'll never buy a Prime figure.

5. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I'm very picky with Animated toys and therefore, only own a few. I really love the Prime line, though and I have to forcefully limit how many figures I'll get.

6. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

While I love both, I love Animated more since it has one of the original looks on my display. It's also one of the most accurate ones. It's as if the toys themselves just stepped out of the cartoon.

Unlike TFP RID which is quite a huge disappointment.

7. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

only animated toy id ever own is lockdown and i think id rather have the rotf one, but i want all the prime toys and as earlier stated they dont look like playschool

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    For me Animated was what kept me into Transformers. Since the Beast Era ended, I was on a decline. Animated renew my intrest in Transformers and got me wanting to buy the toys more often again.

So BW, Animated, G1, and later movie lines are my biggest figure numbers in my collection, with TF: Prime growing higher as well.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Neither does Animated. It was stylized, the same way Batman: The Animated Series and other great shows were.

Seriously guys, there's nothing "playskool" about the Animated line. It had some of the most brilliant engineering, screen accuracy, and dynamic sculpts the franchise has ever seen.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think that TFA toys > Prime toys. They deserve awards for astounding show-accuracy and ingenious engineering.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    You know, it's funny because I didn't like the Animated toys at first. I thought they were silly as hell, and then I came across Blurr. I thought to myself alright, he's clearly an exception... but then others like Blackarachnia, Swoop & Waspinator started growing on me, and so did Prowl, Lockdown + a few others. I actually only have a couple, but I totally understand where the widespread fanbase is coming from, and once owning my 2nd (Blackarachnia), I started to really appreciate the line/style as a whole. I'm actually still looking for Swoop/Prowl/Samurai Prowl, and I bet that once I get those, I'll start wanting even more.

Plus, the fact alone that they're unique & esthetically more finished/complete looking than movie & even chug toys works for me, so yeah.

12. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

TFP > TFA wins at awkward fugly bots, inaccurate and missing paint aps.

13. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Same here.

Exclusions: TFA Shockwave, excused for being awesome.

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    There was good in Bayformers?

Anyway, :lol  No.

Love and still love the Animated figures; they dominate my shelves. Prime however is largely a line of disapointments, though the RiD Vehicon looks to be magnificient.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked the Animated toys overall way more. They were simple and innovative, they were accurate, they were full of personality and articulation, and best of all, they didn't have silly ass glowing mechtech gimmicks with ugly ports.

16. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

B/c TFA figures just dont match the rest of ur collection, they're too smooth. Thats why I have mine in storage :p 

17. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i up set at the prime line we have crapy ass figues that is half done! And not great quality as the animated toys!
    I love the animated toys way better! Come to think about it they do a better job then i buy more i only bought 4 and there crapy!!!

18. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think the TFP cartoon is too depressive... and the toys are depressive, I guess this is some kind of show accuracy :) .

I didn't like the two Prime figures that I have (Cliffjumper and Soundwave). I'll give a try to Wheeljack... many people says is the best 1st wave mold. If I got disappointed, TFP for me will be dead until I saw something really amazing.

Oh... Animated. Good show and amazing toys! Got all molds and trying to catch all redecoes (you can help me, see what I want on my signature). They are show accurate, poseable and most of them give to me great time enjoying the transformation, making display scenes... well.. playing with the toys :D 

Every time I look the front page I expect to see new Animated Exclusive toys or some of the unreleased Animated molds being part of Generations or Sapporo Prime...:) 

Ok, my thread will be: "Why did I hate the TFP:RiD toys but love the TFA toys?"

19. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I liked the Animated line... but the Prime line? Oh man. It is just so Awesome. :D 

20. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I love about Prime. The figures' aesthetic is such that many of them (at least aside from most of their heads) fit in reasonably well with Movie, Classics, or Animated displays.