Why did hasbro waste a Bulkhead?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Jun 5, 2008.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So by now people have had a chance to see "Autobot Camp" or saw the pics at botcon of Bulkhead's cybertron vehicle mode. Perosnally I think its a cool vehicle and would love to see it in toy form. However I really doubt this would ever happen. We already have 3 molds of bulkhead coming up (voyager, leader, and activators). The chance of us getting a 4th seams very slim. It just seams like a waste. Hasbro should of lead of with leader bulkhead, waited a little and then maid a voyager cybertron version.

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just wait until those three stop being sold, then we have the best chance, We already have Cybertron Mode Prime any Ironhide toy would be re-molded into Ratchet and Wasp or Cliffjumper would be re-molded into Cybertron Bumblebee

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah hasbro would be really dumb if they didn't release cybertron ironhide and wasp. Then you could easily do a ratchet and bumblebee exclusive two pack or something. Then maybe a cliffjumper evolutions set or sometihng

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Who says they won't make one? Animated has to go on for a while and they can't just keep introducing characters for toys without crowding the show, so hopefully characters will get Cybertronian modes. (Heck, with ones like BB and Ratchet they have great repaint potential as well)

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    If it does happen, I doubt it will be leader class. It may not even be voyager.

I don't mind. I like headmaster Bulkhead, and I don't feel any great need for a Cybertronian Bulkhead.

Hasbro may even be reluctant to do Cybertronian forms altogether. Leader Megatron and Protoform Optimus and Starscream were among the shelf-warmingest of the movie line(from what I saw).

Cybertronian Ironhide and Bumblebee have the advantage of being approximately deluxe sized, and easy repaint candidates. I'll be disappointed if those two aren't imortalised in plastic, since I don't see any good reason not to.

Other characters I'm not so sure of. Will we get a Cybertroninan mode Prowl? Possibly, but we're already getting Samurai Prowl. Sentinel Minor or Cybertron Magnus? I wouldn't hold my breath.

6. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I can see a Cybertronian Rachet if a Cyb Ironhide comes out. Or vise-versa.

Also, if they make a a Wasp(inator) toy, they then have a mold for Bumblebee and Cliffjumper.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't Wasp Deluxe toy confirmed months ago in that UPC listing?

You know, the UPC listing that had BRAND NEW CHARACTERS and had Waspinator's name as Wasp and other stuff that was proved real and should probably be reliable?

8. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want cyb modes of them all!

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, Wasp was in the same UPC listing that confirmed him as a deluxe toy (long before we knew anything about the character from the Dubai airings) and the same listing also confirmed Swindle as a deluxe and Blurr as a deluxe (again, long before we knew about Swindle and back when we only knew about Blurr's VA returning). It was also where the Voyager Skywarp listing came from and it also had Wreck-Gar listed as a Voyager before he was confirmed at Botcon.

Those three deluxes are probably wave five. Considering that wave three is Jazz, Snarl, Oil Slick & Soundwave and wave four is Sentinel Prime & Swoop.

It's harder to attempt to guage the Voyagers, but given that wave three is Grimlock and Lugnut and the only wave four figure that's a Voyager is Blitzwing... wave 5 of the voyagers is probably a safe bet as well.

10. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I bet Wave 5 Voyagers are Wreck-Gar, Skywarp and JUST MAYBE Shockwave.

11. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

Well, we've seen Wreck-Gar's toy at Botcon, I'm not sure if we've seen Shockwave's, so I dunno.

12. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I wouldn't consider the voyager version a waste, per se. It's a fun toy. Sure, he's nowhere near the right scale for the rest of the series, but he's very accurate on his own.

As for the assortment lists, it doesn't really matter for me. I will probably be getting one toy of every character released and I'm quite happy with the 4/2 pattern for new deluxes and 2/1 for new voyagers. I don't think I'm going to panic until I see Universe and Animated are sitting side-by-side on the shelf.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's possible, but I don't think we've heard much about a Shockwave toy short of either Hasbro or the CN design team saying 'Yeah, he's going to get one' or something like that at one of the Botcon panels. Though, there could have been some info that I missed.

So, in August than? Because that's when the first wave of Universe is supposed to be hitting and by that time we should already be seeing wave 3 deluxes & voyagers from Animated too according to Hasbro's release schedule from what was listed at Botcon.

14. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    While its less accurate its alot cheaper for them to retool the Earth mode of BB into Wasp and Cliffjumper and the earth mode of Ratchet into Ironhide Im not holding my breath for Cybertron versions of any other characters Optimus and Megatron are a little different.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Shockwave is more likely to be a part of the sixth assortment with the Jetfire & Jetstorm two pack.

16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have big troubles with Leader Bulkhead... Although it transforms more smoothly and is more on in-show size with the other toys,

-It doesn't have Bulkhead's trademark wrecking balls
    -It has lots of added features the show character never had (missiles, turret, sawblade)

So despite the correct size, it just doesn't look enough like the in-show Bulkhead for me. I'll stick with the Voyager, despite the error with the arms in car mode (they are not square enough) and the small size.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I've had to think long and hard about which one to get, but one of the reasons I'm choosing to get the Voyager Bulkhead now is because I want him to be around the same size as Lugnut as he is also a vertically callenged Voyager.

18. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah! :)  bulkhead rules, I love both my voyager and leader class and would buy another in a flash!! he's awesome

19. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah that's probably more like it, the UPC listing had nothing about him, and we only get to see more of his Decepticon body in the last last episodes anyway.

20. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah the whole Jetfire & Jetstorm thing confuses me a little as there just seems to be quite alot of characters from season 2 that are still up for getting toys before going into characters from season 3.

If you take those UPCs for Wreckgar and Skywarp as Voyager wave 5 and Blurr, Swindle and Waspinator as deluxe wave 5 that still leaves Mixmaster, Scrapper and Shockwave/Longarm as characters from season 2 that hasbro have said WILL get toys and thats not counting the repaint/retool fodder like Cliffjumper and Ironhide or things like the Lockdown retool and Prowls sidecar.

I mean the fairly obvious answer would be that all of these characters will get deluxe moulds and so season 3 characters had to sort of be pushed forward in the voyager size class but still it seems odd.

I really hope we get some indication at SDCC of just how many characters from season 1& 2 will get toys before we move into season 3 characters.
    Taht and an eta on season 3 eps would be real nice.