Why did Decepticons have more combiner teams than Autobots in G1 ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Dec 27, 2010.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello ,i have a burning question ,why Decepticon have more combiner team than Autobot in G1 ?Decepticon have Constructicons ,Stunticons ,Combaticons ,Terrorcons ,Predacons ,Seacon ,Pretender Monster in G1 which total 7 While Autobot only have 3 combiner team ?

Why not make Dinobots and Throttlebot as combiner team ,it more fair for Autobot if they can make them as combiner team ,i always want to heard Grimlock said Dinobot combine and form ???

what do you think ?

Thanks.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I think its because hasbro was making up for stuff like autobot cars outnumbering decepticon jets n such.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Maybe you could make a thread labelled as Galvatron1976's G1 Question thread, then you can keep all the crazy in one place.

4. Seeker Lord

Seeker Lord Well-Known Member

Because they rock

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure its Decepticon technology.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Why can't one side have more of one type / more troops than the other?

Though from a story outlook - Combiners are outright war machines that function best with primitive levels of intelligence. The Autobots aren't as willing to dip to that level as the Decepticons are. they worry about the collateral damage of a combiner battle, the Decepticons don't.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm willing to bet Shockwave was the driving force behind the introduction of all those combiner teams.

8. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

Sigh. In Geewonz, Decepticons are MILITARY HARDWARE, and Autobots are CONSUMER WUSS GOODS.

How useful would it be for your toaster to link up with your vacuum? Answer: Not bloody much at tall...

But tanks combined with octopus mechanoids? HELLS YES!!!

And there you go, and that my friends is SCIENCE! Now if you'll excuse me my NES is acting up again, someone hand me my Science Hammer...

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

When Devestator was the only combiner around, the Autobots had Omega Supreme.

In fact, if you take a closer look, the Autobots have more "giant super robots" on their side: Omega, Metroplex, Fort Max, and to an extent Sky Lynx.

The Decepticons on the other hand only have Trypticon. However, they have three* more combiner gestalts then the Autobots who aren't directly rivaled up with an Autobot gestalt: Devestator (rivaled with OS), Predaking (not rivaled), and Pirhanacon (not rivaled). So it all balances out with the Autobots getting more singular giant warriors with electronic gimmicks while Decepticons get more intelect-challenged multi-man warriors with numbers of troops on their side.

(*This is not counting any of the latter gestalts, like Leokaiser, who were not part of American G1's toy line as far as I know)

10. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And really the bots don't seem to have any good combiners.

You got Superion who's leader is scared of heights.

The protectobots who, when combined, would rather run then fight

haha off the top of my head I can't think of any others.

11. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

I was always under the impression that the Autobots had a counter to various Decepticon combiners like:

Dinobots vs Devastator
    Superion vs Menasor
    Defensor vs Bruticus
    Sky Lynx vs Predaking

Etc...

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sky Lynx isn't really a gestalt though is he?

you forgot the monsters, the sea creatures and I'm sure one or two more.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

One of the reasons was writers like to have a big threat for the good guys to over come. The David and Goliath type of story is one that just doesn't seem to wear out. So Decepticons form big scary robot and the brave smaller Autobots must overcome this bigger and stronger foe.

The other reason is that a lot of these combiners came out of the Cold War. Americans liked to pride themselves as thinking as individuals while painting the Soviets as having a group think mentality. Thus the heroic Autobots didn't combine as much because they were individuals while the bad guy Decepticons were more willing to give up their individuality for power.

14. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And Scorponok.

But your point remains valid. For every Decepticon gestalt that didn't have an Autobot counterpart, the Autobots had a giant to fight it.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    And even with scorpy vs max, the toy is way more overwhelming on the bot side.

Its not uncommon in most toy lines they tend to make the good guys more overpowering/impressive because in general good guy toys are more popular.

16. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about Raiden? The trains. They are Autobot combiners. Is that considered a Japanese combiner only?

17. Jasbraman

Jasbraman Eats Igyaks for breakfast

The Autobot's also had the Technobots who could combine into Computron.

Of course Computron spends so much time talking about what he's going to do, he never really does much.

18. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Road Caeser and Landcross be considered G1? I know they were Japanese but they were still G1 right?

I like the Cons outnumbering the Bots. It was rare and it added to the drama of it all.

19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    What parallel universe do you live in? Defensor took out Bruticus with a single shot!

In general, Defensor was probably the most balanced gestalt. Either Hot Spot's personality was so dominant in the combined form that the other components complied, or they were so similar in their personalities (even though Blades was the odd one out) that they were able to easily find a common ground and make decisions faster than other combiners.

20. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

Autobots had way more unique characters in season 1 and Decepticons had background seekers and reflectors. So to balance it out, hasbro gave them many combiners to compensate.