Why did Bay cut out Starscream/Megatron lines?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Conceptron, Jul 26, 2007.

1. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Amen to that. Even Megatron would be a hero if that was the cause he was championing.

2. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

we will drain earth of its energon and use it to pick up chicks and get some lol

3. BlackTrailerOps

"Hey baby, you got any Cybertronian in you? No? Want some?"

4. killahbuny

lmao "yeah its a pretty good arm cannon really, yeah only one like it. I've got it hooked up to a black hole, fires anti matter, you wanna hold it" lol

5. BlackTrailerOps

Lol, "Baby, I can transform into anything, and I mean anything. Plus, with the rules Bay put in place, No Mass Shifting."

6. killahbuny

haha amazing looks like were looking at an x rateing for the dvd lol

7. BlackTrailerOps

nah, it wasn't released to theaters like that so its an unrated dvd.

8. killahbuny

haha cool

9. EmineX

EmineX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think anyone has asked yet...what is the basis for this statement? Where did the writers say this?

Do you have any proof that there were ever more lines for these two characters?

10. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

I have no idea why I didn't like that Ironhide jumping over the girl scene. I liked the effects and the Ironhide parts where cool, but the exact scene wherethe camera is showing the girl, I don't kno why. I just don't like it. As much as I want to, I just don't.

I guess at that point I though the whole TF's living amongst the humans had been rammed into our head enough times already.

11. BlackTrailerOps

Yeah man I totally get what you're saying, thats pretty much how I feel about it. I should like it a lot but I don't. Its so out of place, and the slo-mo and everything just makes it a scene I don't like from the movie.

12. killahbuny

yeah this is true he should of squished her to highlight the downsides to big robots lol

although actually megatron kinda does that on his own

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only problem with that scene is that nothing came of it. It looked great, and Ironhide dodged some missiles, and he shot off a couple missiles himself. Only thing is, his missiles didn't seem to connect and they just jumped to fast fighting afterwards. If his shots connected and did some damage, like when BB took him out, then that would be reason for slo-mo.

14. Cataraks

Cataraks Decepticon Cannibal

a reason to blame bay?

he's the director.

When a section gets cut out of the movie... he's the reason. It's really that simple.

The director works with the editors to select what parts are cut out, and what parts are left in.

So either Michael Bay came up with the idea, or he approved it. Either way...

15. killahbuny

I hadnt realised that but your right he didnt hit a damn thing he was just showboating lol

slo mo deffinately works better when stuff blows up afterwards :) 

16. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Actually Ironhide's missilles only connected twice in the entire movie. But not in that scene. It was when you see a wide angle shot of both Ratchet and Ironhide shooting at Devastator in the far distance to give cover fire for Sam. Most of us are so focussed on Ratchet's machine guns that we don't even pay attention to where those missilles from Ironhide goes. They both hit Devastator and knock him down but if you don't keep watching, you will miss it because the camera pans low and low enough to capture Sam running away just before Ironhide rolls into the camera.

Speaking of rolling, there is literally alot of "rolling" going on even after Optimus says Autobots Roll out and Jazz responds with we roll.

Ironhide did most of the rolling but even BB and Barricade did some rolling. Hell, even Skorponok rolled when an explosion was set off beside him.

17. nirvanarhodes

nirvanarhodes Active Member

id much rather hear more Transformer lines than the whole "masterbation" scene, for me that put a big downer on the film. granted i love the film and have seen it 4 times, but in each viewing and i know its comin i just curl up into a ball and wait till its over.

some of my work mates want to take there kids (who are aged betweem 8-11) but are put off by this scene incase they get asked "daddy whats masterbation" lol thats a story that can wait a few years lol.

hopefully TF2 will be more Robot based and have more time for them to get better characterization.

18. killahbuny

yeah they all roll all the time in the scene with sector seven rachet and ironhide and jazz all jump of the bridge and just roll around crazy gymnasts

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    theres a reason you dont like it. it looks tacked on.

i think what they were trying to do was show that the bots would go to lengths to protect the humans, but that shot was just silly, all i got from it was 'wow the chick has a nice rack'.

20. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

Yeh, that scene was ULTRA-DUMB!