Why did Bay cut out Starscream/Megatron lines?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Conceptron, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Definately time constraints. They were added in rather late in the game (february/march), so I bet the footage wasn't finished on time (and by that I mean that it wasn't on par with the rest).

2. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

HA!

That has to be the dumbest scene in cinema history. The woman had to look like a model with a light blue dress....???????

3. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

it was pretty dumb but the way ironhides gun blasted the ground was sweeeeeeet

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    With his name attatched to the title in every advertisement in every magazine, trailer and TV spot, his name is probably permanently burned into the brains of everyone.

5. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

There are 3 ways to do that scene only one way gets you the best of both worlds.

1. Hot girl......distracts you from Ironhide

2. Moderately attractive girl........kinda distracts but you get see both

3. Ugly fat girl.......defeats the purpose of point attention to Ironhide by making you look away from the screen altogether.

And the winner is.......#1. Huge f***ing robots are all over this movie. Mix in a really hot chick for 30 seconds and it vastly improves the scene.

6. BlackTrailerOps

I agree, you are asking to take the blame when you call the movie: Transformers: a Michael Bay film. Only one director pulled this off flawlessly, Alfred Hitchcock. And Bay shouldn't try it he's no Hitchcock.

7. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I agree, sometimes though also, studios cut movies short because going over 3 hours is really iffy. Like the special editions of, for example, LOTR and Aliens (the James Cameron one) have 20-40 mins of extra footage on them. James Cameron even comments on the Aliens dvd that the studio cut his movie from 2:45 to alittle above 2 hours because they felt the movie audience didnt have the attention span to sit that long (or bladders).

Most likely, if there is significant deleted footage, it will be on the DVD as an Extended version.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Hitchcock was the absolute master; I doubt anyone will ever get that close to perfection in cinema again. However I do think it's extremely harsh to blame bay for everything.

9. killahbuny

yeah your right i dont no what i was thinkin lol

seriously though it really shows the extent the autobots will go too to save human life even ironhide who already showed he didnt really care about humans that much.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd figured this was a case with a -lot- of the additional robot dialogue the writers mentioned at the Botcon panel.

Had read that the CG was taking around 6 hours-per-frame to render, so additions to robot parts likely involved animation time that simply did not exist.

Also thinking this is why "One shall stand, one shall fall" and a few other pieces of dialogue happened with the robots offscreen.

On editing:
    I will tend to defer to the director as the enactor of most major edits, and leave it to the film's supplementary features to clarify and correct my viewer's perception of the process. This is mostly because, well, lots of movies I watch have the editing handled primarily by their directors. :D 

11. BlackTrailerOps

Well from what I've seen, read, and heard about Bay is that he tries to pull of this Hitchcockian dictatorship about making movies. Things have to be his way at all times, and if he doesn't like it, it doesn't happen. I think that when you take that approach, which Hitchcock took, you deserve to take all the blame for things that turned out bad.

I think you're right though, no one will ever come close to how Hitchcock did it. He did things with the camera that are just awesome. Like in Vertigo, when the camera rotates around Judy Barton to show her going 180 degrees in thought from running away to staying and getting in a relationship with Scottie. Nobody does that anymore, and thats a cryin shame because camera work like that doesn't just capture a moment but creates it at the same time.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    You really do have a strong dislike for any woman who might be considered attactive. Why so bitter?

13. BlackTrailerOps

He's been dumped by several really hot girls, so it must be because hot women are evil.

14. killahbuny

in my expierience with hot girls id have to say.....

wait what experience???

only kidding honey your really hot that was just a joke aww come back

aww

awwwwwww

15. BlackTrailerOps

I was chillin with some hot girls last night, and they were talking about going shopping and some other things. Mass-murder, virgin sacrifice, and chemical warfare didn't really ever come up.

16. killahbuny

thats to lull you into a false sense of security man look at circuit breaker she lured in the dinobots only to turn on them so cruel

17. BlackTrailerOps

Oh God, they asked me for the key to my weapons shelter. How do you tell a hot girl "no" when all she wants to do is hold an assault rifle. I am so sorry guys, I've doomed us all.

18. killahbuny

haha thats how it happens thats why I keep the key to my weapons shelter in my pants :) 

19. BlackTrailerOps

At least you can possibly get some before you die. Good thinkin man! Way to take one for the team.

20. killahbuny

any time

this is one time being herioc is not nonsense ;)