Why Cyberverse is SO awesome?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Jun 18, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    DOTM line have not been released on Guatemala Yet thsu i never got them inlcuding the cyberverse toys but i have seen Peopel saying that are Awesome, they are the future for Transformers! etc etc, Whats so awesoem fo them? they jsut look liek Regular Legends/Legion and Socuts/Commander toys (i dont hate legends and scouts i liek them but i masking why you guys saying they ARE SO AWESOME?)

Anybody with cyebrverse toys tell me WHy are they so awesome?

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    The affordability, accuracy, size that makes it easier to display for those like me who have limited shelf space, and the fact that they're just plain fun to transform.

3. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cyberverse is the opposite of awesome. They are overpriced and flimsy. Transforming them is not fun because of their simplicity and the unpleasant texture of the cheap plastic. They offer little value for money.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    In general, Legends/Scout-sized toys have consistently been stellar lately, and Cyberverse continues the (glorious!) trend.

The Commanders at least have an incredible range of articulation (for TFs in general, not just for their size), and the accessories that they come with are fun to fiddle with --a lot of them can combine with other accessories, be used by other figures, and/or transform in their own right-- and a lot more characterful than the decidedly generic Mechtech guns.

5. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I think it's the Commanders that got people's attention this year. Scouts usually get a lot of love, and the inclusion of actual movie characters makes it a cheaper option for people who don't want to shell out 20 bucks for a Megatron or whatever.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    They offer a lot of value for their price - the transformations are simple, but fun. There are loads of characters available, with more on the way, and they don't take up a lot of space.

I'll pick up as much Cyberverse as I can - can't wait to see the Shockwave set.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't see the big deal about them. Everyone's crying that they're the best, but they just look like regular legends figures to me. Some of them like Sentinel Prime look surprisingly good though.

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    It's mainly the Commanders that are awesome imo. Yes, they are about adollar or two overpriced, but often they have the engineering of a scout or small deluxe, coupled with AMAZING poseability, plus they come with weapons that other Cyberverse figs can wield.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Big fun at a small size, PLUS, perfect outlet for G1 Micromaster and Minibot remakes. See Powerglide and Guzzle for example. Hope we get Goldbug, Sea Spray, et al, as Commanders. RID Car Bros, and RID Ultra Magnus and RID Fire Convoy Action Sets would be completely bad ass too. The fact that the emphasis is also on modular playability via the action sets and swappable weapons is big for me too.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    For there size it ain't not half bad.

Of the 4 DOTM toys i currently have 3 of them are cyberverse, mostly due to cost. *I have Preview Optimus Prime, Powergrlide and Blackout*

11. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    This!

12. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I don't think they're awesome at all...I personally think they're crap.

13. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

Cuz they ARE awesome :) 

[​IMG]

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I will say that the Cyberverse line is awesome (and also Human Alliance basics),but two things about them is the price and the Movie.For me I am waiting till [a] they run a sale on these without having to print coupons (since I don't have a printer) and till I see DOTM in less than 2 weeks.

Now back to my first answer if its not obvious I think the price is a little too high at $8 for Commanders,and $15 for the action sets,the Legends/Legion are priced right at $5.But I wanna see the first two be in the $6 to $11 range,and the HA Basics in the $7-$8 one.Which should happen either before or after the movie starts.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I can understand why people love them, but personally I'm not so hot about them. While I'm not one of those scale nuts who DEMAND that certain characters need to be small or bigger for some reason, I personally don't want to get the same characters I already own most of again in smaller form (and I find it ironic that people demanded a larger Blackout, and we get a SMALLER toy than the original!).

But i do have Powerglide, and I think he's alright. Not one of the best in my opinion, the HA Basics still hold that title for me, but as an outlet for non-in-movie characters Cyberverse could really go somewhere. I know I want that Guzzle and I want it BAD. It would also kick all kinds of ass if Erector managed to get into the line as well along with a transforming crane trailer.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Why Cyberverse is awsome (to some degree) They can hold Special team member's Guns, or Microman or Lego Guns they can Crew Actionmaster Vehicles, Or Microman/Micronauts toy vehicles and fit perfectly with all the mid to late 80's Basebots like Metroplex & Trypticon or any playset made for other 3.75" figures like Iron Man's HQ Truck thing or even a Star Wars Turbo Tank or they can even go quite well with something like some Gi Joes too.

However I prefer the little ones to the Commanders overall though Hatchet, Megatron & Powerglide have some Merit - Optimus is adiquate - I'm not a fan of the Ironhide he seems very small compared to many of the others.

If they make sure to include movable heads on subsequent ones and try to make them bigger when feasible and not tiny llike Sentinel Prime I'd like them even more.

However due to the size and fragility of them I'd not personally wanna pay UK retail for Ironhide, Optimus & Sentinel £8.00 - I was happy to pay £5.00 for him/them though.

But come on Put Legions or Legends in an Actionmaster vehicle & it's just proper good fun.

Oh one redeeming feature of Cyberverse Commander Ironhide is at least he's in scale with Dlx Starscream.

P.s Guzzle and Flak + Bumblebee's Bunker seems like a nice little display to me too - and the new Shockwave is so odd it's instantly 'fascinating' (in a Generic Irish Spock voice) to me.

17. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to say this, but this is completely true. I've owned 4 different Cyberverse toys and they all broke or have loose joints.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Loose joint is something you have to put up with i'm afraid buy some clear nail polish and deal with it -like everyone else does.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Interactivity amongst them all, bases, improved designs and engineering, more characters in the same scale, price, play value greatly increased.

20. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

So far I have only bought 2 DoTM figures, Powerglide and Skyhammer. I mainly collect Classics style figures and most of the DoTM figures (or Movieverse in general) look like junk to me. Although, I am tempted to get the Cyberverse Blackout, and the HA Basics. Once the other waves come out I may get some of them like the aforementioned Flak and Guzzle, but as long as HasTak is concentrating on movieverse stuff, I'll be spending my money more on 3rd party stuff. I do like the movies, I just think the toys are junk.