Why couldn't they just make Arcee a car?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Like a Pontiac (Something around the size of a Solstice AKA Jazz's Alt mode) or something of that nature pink/purple/white I think it's a better idea than 3 sperate bikes that all combine into a robot. What if one of them gets killed off? She then loses 1/3 of her entire body so depending on who it is She's lost an arm, half her torso, a leg or even her entire head! Actually why not just use her design from the first movie?

2. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

Variety is the spice of life I suppose!

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... you do know only 1 of the bikes is arcee right?...

Also pink on a bike works well as neon race style paint jobs are quite common but pink cars no thanks

4. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

I always wondered that !!!:inquisiti 

5. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

:horse: :deadhorse: :horse: :deadhorse: :horse: :deadhorse: :horse: :deadhorse: :throw 

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:

QFT

7. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I wonder also why the movie geniuses did not realize that Arcee could be a car.
    I prefer to think of the 3 robots with 3 heads as having 3 minds even for the movie. I see 3 robots with 3 heads chasing the Decepticon in the trailer and it looks more like 3 minds to me.
    The idea of 1 mind controlling multiple forms is also in the cartoons altho rare. I remember Magmatron from Beast Wars Neo. These type of robots are more confusing.

8. anti-hero

anti-hero Well-Known Member

She could be a Mary Kay car!!

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Just throwing this out there because I wondered this myself....

about 7 months or so after Movie 1, I saw a magenta/pink Pontiac Solstice. It would have been perfect for movie-Arcee.

10. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

This.

Pink cars are a lot harder to find than brightly-colored motorcycles. Unless Arcee wasn't going to be pink-colored, but then people would complain about that too.

11. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But then what if that Bike gets killed? She's lost her everything!

Stupid Bay.

12. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I am pretty sure it has been confirmed that they are ALL Arcee. She just splits up into 3 bikes and 3 robots, but they all share the same conciousness/spark. They only used the names in the toys, perhaps so people don't feel like they are buying 3 Arcees.

13. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pink cars look silly. Pink bikes don't. And I'm glad we got a bit of variety instead of just a seventh Autobot car.

Her everything? Oh no!

That's kind of a weak argument. If Arcee was only one bike and was killed, she'd be just as dead. And that's assuming you're right - for all we know if one of Arcee's bodies is killed, the other two keep on kickin'.

14. Hobbes-timus Prime

News Credits:
    From what we've heard, I honestly don't think they'll get enough focus in the movie to make a distinction between a team of three or a single collective consciousness, one way or another. Since most General Audience types will assume a team of three, and the toys back that up, the filmmaker's intent - if the intent is, in fact a single mind - is largely moot and not anything to fret over.

15. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

She coulda been a pink Honda S2000 like that chicks car in the 2nd Fast & Furious movie. Something small but quick for it's size. I like the idea of Sideswipe being a red Pontiac G8 GXP give Pontiac one last shout out since it's one big GM commercial anyway.

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not its not been confirmed. That was just some crack pots theory that time after time has been beaten down

They don't combine in the movie and each toy has its own bio and name. Now if their each individual in the film and they each have a name and bio if their ever was a point that they were like reflector its officially gone (thank god).

The only thing that I would say for sure is that for a team they are the most closely nit as it seems their always together but that's nothing new many combiner teams in the past have just stuck together

17. Hobbes-timus Prime

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

18. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    My sentiment is...Why the hell didn't they just keep the first movie design for her...I know someone is gonna say the size issue, but if they don't combine in the film as stated by Hasbro...then WTF is the difference...I mean they didn't make Wheelie 15 RC truckst that combine to get him to be bigger...

The first movie Arcee design was way better than this crap they are pushing on us....!!!

Also, does anyone know if they explain the change in her appearence from the Reign of Starscream to the newer comics....?????

19. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has never beenbeaten down. In the graphic novel AND the official novelization, they are depicted as three bots, one character.

COULD this have changed for the final movie? Yes, of course. Lots could change in the script since then. But then why weren't Chromia and the third sister's name included in the character lists? They would have just as big a part to play as Arcee does, which seems to be minimal.

Honestly, there is a lot more evidence to support the "all Arcee" then the "all different bots" theories.

20. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you one of those guys will still calls Brawl 'Devastator'? If Arcee is all three bikes then she's all three bikes - pretending you're just an uninformed as the general audience won't change what's the truth.

Malarkey. It was never a "crackpot theory" - that's how she is in the comic and novel adaptations. It's consistent with the Paramount-distributed lists of robots appearing in the film that listed Arcee but not Chromia or the other bike, and the initial filming sheets that called all three of them Arcee bikes.