Why couldn't Blitzwing look like this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Theoutcast87, Oct 4, 2018.

1. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. This is the best 'Will he, won't he?' game ever.
    Some of those toys may be rooted in concept art but then Bay went "Crap, we spent too much money doing this. We gotta cut it." Crowbar and Hatchet I'm sure were an exception where Hasbro decided they needed to individualise the Dreads.

There are a lot of things that change in post-production. Like Barricade suddenly having a red eye and blue one as well as wearing a police badge necklace.

Also if they're playing a loose with a name. Wouldn't they also have done the following? If Hasbro really thinks it has a nameslap.

-Swindle from 2007 would not just be a red car but also an army jeep. Cause you know?
    Or
    -Bonecrusher being a bulldozer.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    He actually had two red and two blue eyes. His main set were red, but he had smaller blue ones behind/above them.

As for AB's mention of AOE Voyager Drift, the actual design lead on AOE admitted he just really liked that mould and wanted to use it again. He didn't really base it on how Drift-like it was.

3. Theoutcast87

Theoutcast87 Well-Known Member

I do believe Blitzwing is a triple changer, despite maybe not showing it in the movie. I mean, he is very bulky, so maybe he's hiding the tank part in his body.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

There were three physical Dread vehicles seen on set before the Dreads were ever confirmed as far as I'm aware. Or are you going to tell me they had physical models of a fictional drone thing and they just *happened* to swap that out for a heavily modified SUV with full emergency light kit because of budget?

It's besides the point though because in the end, the fact is Crowbar does not have a toy that turns into a modified 'secret service' SUV like Crankcase. Doesn't matter what the hell went on behind the scenes, the toy simply does not match the film in the alt. mode department.

No, really, why would they make Blitzwing into Gutcruncher colors instead of anything related to the animation model in the trailers or Blitzwing traditionally, if the tank had anything to do with what happens in the film?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kind of a poor choice to use as an example, since Swindle has been red in at least two incarnations AND one of them is a car of sorts, before the 2007 drone toy. The earlier incarnations have absolutely nothing to do with the movie toy but they sure as hell have more in common with the drone than BB Blitzwing has with his own toy at this rate!

THAT was purely Michael Bay. He really, really liked that name to the point one of his dogs is named that.

Then that's going back to some AoE type bullshit where the robots can just become anything without actually needing to have parts of their body be made up of the parts of their alt. modes. Plus it goes against the aesthetic of the known triple changers who HAVE kibble from both the car and the flight-capable forms present in robot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  5. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was talking more about stuff like Laserbeak turning into VTOL or whatever. I honestly just believe Hasbro saw that there were 3 different Dread models and decided 2 of them should have their own vehicle modes while one of them had the mode seen in film.

Plus the Cyberfire Bumblebee is the least convincing thing to tell me that the Camaro will sport flames. It's a cosmetic for coolness as in Bumblebee is fueled by some weird Energon.

Also friendly reminder, I'm not antagnosing you.

You do realize he has the head on right?

Also Triple Changers sometimes don't really have the same colours with their vehicle modes be it an aerial one or a ground one. Dropkick for instance has the grey Chopper mode while his car mode is all blue.

Even going back to G1 with Blitzwing, the jet was mostly purple while his tank mode was the tanned brown colour with a little bit of purple showing.

Very well then... Let's use Steeljaw as an example. The RID version does not come with a cassette tape version. :/

6. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!!

The figure looks awful. Makes you think why they didn't base him off his movie appearance.

7. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    Why can't Blitzwing look like Blitzwing?

• Like Like x 4
  8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    In terms of color scheme they could've made him look like his original Diaclone toy which can be also a homage to Overcharge. So that way if they're worried about real world colors you can have that along with him not looking too similar to Starscream.

9. Shatter

Shatter The Transformers Are All Dead.

I have no idea, the whole thing confuses me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    A toy like that makes me think there will be no Studio Series Blitzwing at all. Or it may as well be a retool of either Titans Return Blitzwing or 30 Anniversary Generations Blitzwing.

11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    The version of Blitzwing we got is a billion times cooler-looking than that toy. Also, it would be a bit silly for a character that only turns into a tank to be named Blitzwing.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

You mean like how a guy named Treadbolt only turns into a jet? Flywheels doesn't actually have wheels?

Not uncommon for names to not make sense.

13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I've honestly never been the biggest fan of those kind of names. It would be especially strange in a feature film, which will be exposed to a much wider audience than the cartoons and toys.

14. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

At the end, i think that the seeker that we call Blitzwing will be not named at all in the movie, and it will be another arcee sister/demolishor/generic constructicons (2 mixmaster, 2 long haul, etc) situation. If they want a real Blitzwing, he will come in the future, in other sequels

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    We still have things like the London comic convention to still show us possible new reveals of a Studio Series Blitzwing so I don't think we should come to that conclusion yet. That being said I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a movie inspired version of Titans Return Blitzwing being made as an exclusive. I mean we already have TR Soundwave being used for Target so why not go further?

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    When I think about it. They also had a Generations placed in a exclusive pack. Old Truck Optimus, Crankcase and Generations Skids.

• Like Like x 1