Why Constructions have earth vehicle modes on Cybertron in Secret of Omega Supreme?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jan 16, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

I have a question ,why and how can Constructicon have Earth vehicle mode in Secret of Omega Supreme in G1 season 2 ,it happen million of years ago before Contructicon arrive on Earth ,am i right?

Do you think maybe Constructicon use time machine to arrival on earth from milion of years ago to years 1984 and beyond and return back before the episode ,any other idea ,what do you think ?

Thanks.

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Plot hole.

/thread

3. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The same reason they were on Cybertron millions of years ago when they weren't even built until 1984 on Earth by Megatron - who also had no access to Vector Sigma to even give them life in the first place.

Generation One is my absolute favorite cartoon ever made, but in the end there's no denying there's plot holes and errors galore. One just has to learn to ignore these problems to enjoy the cartoon.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps they had to rush the episode out so it was quicker to just stick with the designs they had on hand instead of coming up with a Cybertron mode.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My money would be on them not even thinking about it.

"Hey, should these guys have Cybertronian modes?"
    "What? It's a kids show. Who cares. Lets go to the bar."

6. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that Megatron's line in 'Heavy Metal War" has been retconned into rebuilt by now.

I'm guessing it's one of these. A third possibility would be that they didn't want to confuse viewers with new Cybertronian alt modes and went with the Earth vehicle designs in spite of the inconsistency.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure it didn't occur to them.

That or they didn't want to figure out how to make alt modes for Cybertronian construction equipment. It was just easier for them and for the viewers to have them in their established modes.

8. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably time and there wasn't a cybertronian alt mode toy to push do they didn't want to put time into designing something that would never be seen again.

Or they probably didn't even give much thought to continuity, and probably forgot that they were created on Earth.

9. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could actually (almost) accept the idea of the Constructicons traveling back in time to play with Omega Supreme and rebuild Megatron. So what if it would be a retcon? It almost works...

+-MWG-+

10. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    :bowdown: 

11. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I'd have to go with this too, considering that just in the first five minutes of MTMTE the Transformers all already have their robot modes based on vehicles that haven't yet been built on a planet they haven't even been to yet. :D 

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The animators were lazy, or didnt have enough money in the budget to create new character models.

Same thing happened with Starscream in "Fire in the sky".

The cartoon never claimed that Megatron "created" the Constructicons on Earth in the 1980's.

13. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron said that they had built them in the cavern they were in at the beginning of Heavy Metal War.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    To save this thread from deraily destruction someone please link to the endless other round and around posts about what Megatron meant (or not) by 'building'.

As for the actual thread topic, it was probably just a case of using the models they had rather than the time (and thus expense) of designing new ones just for one episode.
    If you wanna go with the time travel theory then that's probably okay too.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

....and "built" is not always synonymous with "create".

Yes, Megatron said he "built" them....but what does that mean??

"Built" from scratch???

"Built" them new bodies??

Both are equally possible given the dialog....or lack of supporting dialog.

Simply put, we dont know what Megaron ment when he said "built" because theres no supportive dialog to suggest they were newly build, new life.

As a matter of fact, there is some indication that they were never intended to be considered new life.[witch is supported by the pre-production bible for the series]

Look at how Spike reacted to seeing the Devestator....with surprise and shock.

None of the Autobots reacted with any shock and surprise what so ever at seeing new Decepticons, or a combined robot.

That implies the Autobots already knew who they were.

16. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if they did think about giving them Cybertronian modes, why would they? Wasn't the point of making the cartoon to promote, and sell the toys that were already on the market.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats a good point as well.

18. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

The answer is there was no character model for them to be anything else. Why wasn't there a model done up? Cost, No toys to sell and it's a kids show who cares. (I mean clearly we care but back in 1985 the creators attitude would be it's a kids show)

19. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    honestly I see it just being a case of something being lost in translation between the English speaking writers and Asia based production staff plus how G1 was a fairly low quality show with I'm guessing tight deadlines

20. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because kids were too naive to figure out that it was wrong. Seriously, at age 7, it made perfect sense. It wasn't until I watched that episode at age 19 I noticed that discrepancy. If you want to get technical, the part where Omega shoots the ground on Cybertron and there is a dirt hole makes no sense either