Why can't we discuss old threads?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by trashtalk, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trashtalk

trashtalk Banned

Why can't we discuss or bring back old threads? I was looking at some old Cybertron & Classics threads from 3 years ago. It was a blast from the past, takes you back & makes you feel like you're actually back there 3 years ago. It's a totally awesome feeling. Those threads are still there, still open yet everybody bitches about it & the mods take action *immediately*. Like within seconds!

I don't understand why we can't reply to an old thread if it's still there & we find it interesting. What's so horrible about it? Why are there so many unneccessary & pointless rules on this board?

2. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    i felt the same way here once. i would assume to keep relevant to whats going on now in TF's. i see your point but i see 'theirs' as well, as to who whats to beat a dead horse? im pretty sure you can find newer threads with the subject matter that you'd want to discuss.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Depends what you've got to say. If you're going to add something genuinely useful, I don't see why anyone would have a problem. The reason necro-posting is so often reviled is because of people posting crap like "me too!!!" or "lol" in old threads. If you're reviving a two year old thread bitching about the Botcon '07 set just to add "this sucks," you're not going to get a lot of sympathy.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Old threads do not need resurrecting, especially in the news forum. Even more so when you decide to resurrect a three and a half year old news thread. People find it obnoxious. We can usually look the other way if someone is adding some important, interesting or useful information to an old topic.

In the future if you have a question about a staff decision contact a member of the staff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.