Why can't we be like Twilight Fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prowl, May 14, 2010.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    On a serious note, joke post aside, I can't stand Twilight. I may have never read the book or watched the films but I get the gist of it. Vampire falls in love with loser girl for absolutely no reason, decided he must protect her, werewolf falls in love with girl, vampire gets jealous and sparkles, girl falls for vampire, they make little vamps. About sum it up?

Where's Blade when you need him?

2. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    Personally the Transformers fandom is what I consider to be the IDEAL fandom out there. We can be harsh, we can disagree, we can even have our brief moments of rage, but all of that is balanced by the fact that we don't take ourselves too seriously, and are fully aware that in the end, we're just a bunch of people who love toys and the glorified commercials for them. It's also a big plus that Hasbro has shown time and time again that while they will often do their own thing (since like it or not, we are not the target audience here), they are more than willing to listen to fans and go out of their way to accommodate them.

The Twilight fandom on the other hand is if anything, too nice. Because they are so enraptured by the subject matter and the way it's handled they never offer any criticisms, and as such, never help the object of their fascination to grow.

Also contrast us with the Star Wars fandom which is too MEAN. I've almost given up on being a Star Wars fan at this point since the fandom at large treats the whole thing like its SERIOUS BUISNESS, and negatively reacts to just about everything. I think half the reason Star Wars has cut down on the fanservice as of late is because they know that no matter what they do, everyone is going to act like they just shot the pope.

3. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Twilight's a romance story that appeals to a teenage female audience. Not surprising it aims to make fans fawn over the love story.

Transformers is a sci-fi and toy-type hobby predominantly of male interest. It aims to make us collect toys by selling sci-fi and action-packed stories and promotes conflict in its fiction and hence in the target audience.

Very different types of fans make up the majorities of the Twilight and TFs fandoms. And they're looking for very different things to please them from two very different fictions with different purposes and aims.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

One of my female friends says that Bella looks constipated all the time so there must be something in the books about why Bella can't go to the bathroom. Really haven't had any interest in books or watching the movies to find out about Bella's constipation but it must be an important part of things if she looks that way all the time.

Maybe vampires are only attracted to girls who can't take a dump or something.

5. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:

Maybe there's a toilet troll that's in love with her too. Or she just eats lots of cheese.

I still wanna hit her.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Ahhhhh, duh, it might be because Transformers are fiction, completely fiction, and toys we purchase..no Robot actors to go on Oprah and talk about their filming experience, so no fawning necessary.

7. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Because not all Transformers fans are 14.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, we draw the line at standing ovations.:wink: 

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they don't hunt humans, they don't burn in the light, and they sparkle...that's not a vampire, it's a f@&king fairy

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Because no matter what rage we may feel about anything TF-related it all still boils down to toys. Can you really go and physically hurt someone over toys? Maybe only if you're really a mental and you'd hurt someone over other dumb stuff like shirt buttons, but for normal people there's no chance ever of real world people hurting. Then again, rabid Twilight fans can't be normal, and I bet they get the shit fits over shirt buttons too. It's got nothing to do with books or buttons probably. Likely they're already broken in the head and Twilight is their violent outlet excuse.
    Regardless, and back to the point I started making in this post, their 'thing' boils down to a book, and as history has shown people can get very angry over books. Wars have been fought over books and their content.

11. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

[​IMG]

TILL ALL ARE CHROME.

although that is an ugly repaint of a terrible mold, so you could be onto something there,

12. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Be like Twilight fans?..
    I think I just threw up in my mouth :( 

13. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

If we were, we would be the most annoying creatures on the planet.

14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok are we all racist when it comes to what we find as a hobby?

C'mon people show some respect.

15. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Tru dat. Women usually cry because they're happy, sad, or ???

Probably because there's really no romance or anything.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    wat

17. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

What's up wirh this whole "sparkle" nonsense? Are the vampires going "Super Saiyan", collecting energy for a Spirit Bomb, or recharging by collecting solar energy? (Please elaborate.)

Speaking of "sparkle", Thrust and Megatron wearing electrum. 'nuff said.

Nachtsider: chances are that he was referring to my spoiler-shrouded joke a few pages up. It was in bad taste, and I'll own up to that.

18. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what I mean. Making fun of people just because they like something you dont, and blow everything out of proportion by making it such a big deal just to make fun of somebody.

It was just a movie.

19. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ewwww Twilight fans are girls and girls have cooties!

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You think it's just us? Twilight is drivel by any reasonable standards. When those people start respecting themselves by not subscribing to that crap, then we'll talk.