WHY Can't I Get a Properly Colored Autobot T-Shirt?!?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TransRanger, Aug 18, 2011.

1. TransRanger

TransRanger Well-Known Member

Apologies right away for bugging out, but....... what is up with that? It's been years and I never really see just a blue shirt with a red and white Autobot symbol.

YEARS!

For years I've seen that sexy symbol on Autobots, but for years every color under the sun from gorramed orange and black to that danged logo you just see on toy box art is all you can get.

Why are they giving us ever combination under the EXCEPT for the one Autobots actually wear!!!

Alright... I'm done... sorry for the overreaction, but this has been a frustration that has rolled from the 80's to this very day where I was thinking about buying a Transformer jersey, only to see the strange orange and black color combination as the only choice.

Just......... why?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  3. TransRanger

Noooot really.

All those are they steal grey, Transformer box logo and what I was complaining about.

There seems to be one in that second batch that is what I'm looking for, but juuuuust to make it look wrong enough, it's an enormous logo and distressed.

I don't wanna seem like a cry baby or anothing, but It's been almost 30 years now. It's like DC never making a Superman t-shirt that matches what Superman actually wears.

It's kinda like.... why would you do that? I remember during Transormers Animated I wanted one of those Autobot Elite symbols on a t-shirt, but never one was found.

4. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

5. TransRanger

Again... that's the one on toy boxes. Not the one Autobots actually wear.

And HUGE thanks for fans stepping up to try and help out, but... it's whoever is in charge of making the t-shirts. NO idea why they won't give us the insignias they actually wear like this on a nice blue or black shirt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And not over sized... just... the symbol on the chest like Autobots have been sporting for almost three decades now.

If they were wearing the toy box symbol, I wouldn't be complaining, but... it just seems so obvious.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Find the logo you like and take it to a place that does that laser copier t-shirt printing. I used to get all kinds of my art stuff printed on a t-shirt for around £10 a go. The place I went to would even do it on plain t-shirts I bought along myself so it worked out cheaper than buying one from them to print on.
    That was a few years ago now though so I dunno if those places still exist. Ask at your local copy shop. Also some places won't print licensed stuff like company logos.

7. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Another way to get around it is get some Iron-On paper for your printer and print it out. Of course it looks like an Iron-On but for a simple design like that it's not really a detriment.

8. TransRanger

Looking around, the website that posted those pictures posted it for that very reason.

But still.......... why would they do that? Like never releasing a Batman t-shirt with the colors Batman wears.

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I want a tee with this logo too, but without the gigantic border around it.

Does anyone know if Kohls still sells this one? The weathering kinda sucks, but I could live with it.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is kinda the thing I was on about, but the place I went to used high quality laser printing and transfer stock and a proper t-shirt heat iron. It gets right into the fibres of the t-shirt so it doesn't look plasticcy or crack or flake off like normal iron on transfers do. I've still got stuff I had printed there that's in great condition, albeit somewhat faded after half a decade of washes.

But I think for what the OP wants home transfer printing might be the easiest option. Or buy some fabric paints and try a little home screen printing.

11. TransRanger

Yeah, that's the closest to a proper Autobot t-shirt, but I think that insignia looks several touches too big.

12. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I have one. Dark blue with the autobot symbol in flocked red with a white vinyl outline. Had it since 2001 maybe? Definitely when the first dreamwave calender came out. My Mum bought me them both as a suprise, so not sure where she got it from. Probably my old LCS. I'll see if I can find a pic...

13. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    found some sorry for the cat/me getting in the way. best I could find on my hard drive[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]