Why can't Hasbro be this honest with us?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Psycho Grimlock

Psycho Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thank you for the civility. Here goes:

Take a look back at the insults, accusations and misrepresentations of what I have posted and put yourself in my place. While I'm far from thin-skinned, nobody likes being the butt of a long running joke, especially over things that aren't true.

"Tin foil hat" is NEVER completely in jest and unless used as a self-descriptor, ALWAYS is patronizing and dismissive, because it implies the recipient to be a paranoid delusional. I responded the way I did to try and defuse any further escalation...and the results speak for themselves.

...and you fail to see that most of what you have provided does not do so and add insults to boot, so the final product is a one-sided attempt at discussion being met with a wall of noise, the "LA LA LA" that someone else pointed out.

I'm NOT complaining about the topic! If I have any complaint, it is that you and many others are either skimming what I say and projecting your own ideas onto me or have so completely misunderstood what I have posted that NOTHING I say is being taken in context.

The OP asked "Why can't Hasbro be honest with us?" The answers are complicated and ARE all over the map. The assertion that Hasbro is being dishonest was made by the OP; I am just trying to offer some answers as to WHY that may be the case.

2. Psycho Grimlock

Psycho Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It didn't come across that way to me, and that's why I did that.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're more thin-skinned then you claim to be if you "feel like you're the butt of a running joke" when what we've had is perhaps one of the most generally civil discussions over this general topic that this board has had in months. Usually, people rant and rave about how they know better than a multimillion dollar corporation and get a "Cool story bro" at best. That's being the butt of a running joke.

Which I posted directly after you posted about suspecting Hasbro of downplaying the fandom's presence so they could abdicate their "responsibility" to us. So uh, yeah, you kinda started to paint yourself as one of the aforementioned people, which earned you that initial dismissive response.

So, uh, sorry to offend?

That the dismissive attitude stopped and most of us started to discuss your theories in earnest? Those that weren't jokingly removing themselves from the debate, at any rate.

I don't know if you realize it or not, but many of your posts tend to ignore the core rationales being presented, instead focusing on this obsession for quantitative proof, when not railing against perceived slights. I think many of us are getting the exact same impression of you, because it doesn't seem like you're bothering to look at the core logic of the problem.

I've personally being laying out my thought processes throughout this entire thread to try to talk you down, but somehow you keep interpreting my stubborness as "trolling". Which...yeah, nothing of the sort.

Which is what begets the various "pot calling kettle" comments you've been garnering.

You act like talking to me has been talking to a brick wall, but whenever I posit a logical argument, I get absolutely zero feedback from you to tell if we're seeing eye-to-eye or not, which is really just dragging this whole thing out unnecessarily.

If you think you're being misunderstood, then you take the time, take a step back, and clarify what it is you're trying to say. Simple as that. Rephrase your entire argument from scratch to make sure that people are reading what you want them to read, rather than being distracted by all the bickering inbetween and losing the heart of your message.

The simple counterargument being made throughout this thread being that Hasbro has actually done very little to paint them as dishonest, so we've been trying to dissect why it is that you keep suggesting that to be the case. Simple as that.

4. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    OK folks, I don't want to shut this thread down but I do see a couple of issues. It seems to me that more of the discussion is now about the discussion, as opposed to the original topic of the thread. Can we please try to stay on topic a bit more? If you have an issue with someone please take it to PM's, though please remember to be civil there as well. :) 

Secondly, I'm seeing some name calling from multiple people here. Please remember that using pejoratives in your arguments is an awful way to get your point across as it can easily be interpreted as being simply dismissive of others' opinions. It's also against the rules. In short, please be respectful of the others' opinions, especially those who you disagree with.