Why BLUDGEON should get a nomination

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AniProwl, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What, did Rosanna snub you in the cafeteria or something?

2. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Come on, folks

Give Bludgeon your support.

3. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The way I read those bio's is that Erector is a noble warrior who using cunning to ensnare his enemies while Bludgeon is a slimy coward.

Noble warrior gets my vote.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy shit, this thread really is something like 50% incredibly blatant trolling. It's not only the guys who are annoyed enough to post that are judging you right now, Erector Mob.

There are better candidates than Bludgeon, but "destroying the Autobots" is a relatively legitimate claim to fame.

5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm not big on Bludgeon or Dinobot. If you want an interesting character, have a look at Wasp. He starts out as a jerk, having a go at Bumblebee. Then gets falsely imprisoned. Escaped and hunted, his prison time giving him a glitch in his vocal circuits.

He's on the run. Feeling betrayed by his kind while also being hunted by them.

He meets Black Arachnia, who he feels may be a kindred spirit and even develops a crush on her.

Then she betrays him and mutates him horribly. His screams were the most chilling I've heard in any cartoon.

Dinobot, to me, is a cliche of what makes a good character. Bad guy has doubts about his cause. Changes sides. Occasionally betrays his new allies. Sacrifices himself to save the innocent. Well executed, though his voice was corny, but still a cliche, to me at least.

Wasp, on the other hand. Jerk who gets unfairly treated. Life spirals out of his control, further embittering him. Everytime he gets a glimpse of hope, it's ripped from him. He gets mutated and driven mad. But you still feel sorry for him at different stages. He's a tragic character, given relatively little screen time but you still feel for him. Reminds me of Gollum, even his voice.

I'm not attacking Dinobot fans but just showing there are other good characters out there.

I'm also enjoying Roche's Prowl. Not a whiney prick but a capable prick and shaping up to be a good character.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Bludgeon once stabbed a dude with a sword using only his mind. That was pretty cool, just sitting in a cell concentrating and then BAM, right through his jailer. Dude totally didn't see it coming.

But Erector, he fights with his head too. Makes these awesome battle plans that save the day AND limit collateral damage. Erector knows how hard it is to build a thing of beauty, and doesn't want to see them get destroyed.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    See, this is what I'm talking about.

You know what as of know, Bludgeo is my second pick due to the lack of popular votes.

I'll go with another famous candidate as my primary choice. Yesss.
    Bludgeon can be vice nominee.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Bludgeon wouldn't give up if he didn't like people hijacking his thread. Bludgeon never gave up, even when... well actually he gave up plenty of times, but that's not the point here. Bludgeon was prudent, strategic, and above all else, smart. He knew how to withdraw and improve his tactical position.

But then again, choosing a stronger candidate does just that.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm gonna be blunt...Bludgeon is ridiculously overrated.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ In what way? I don't think anyone's saying he's a character with depth, but he looks cool, talks cool, and slaughters the Autobots.

C'mon, we're a franchise in which even cliched character development strikes people as a welcome break from the norm of generic badasses and dull surprise.