Why BLUDGEON should get a nomination

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AniProwl, Mar 29, 2011.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Since we have an Autobot one, I thought why not a Decepticon one. Especially one that pretty much trashed the Autobots and he was only stopped by divine intervention in one continuity. Plus, he's a ninja samurai skeleton robot.

Plus, time and again he was shown to be awesome. One of the few Transformers that has a whole website dedicated to him.

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's hardly known and was a crappy pretender outside of his awesome ROTF toy.

No. Everyone should be voting for Erector if you're a true fan.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Erector or GTFO.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Erector:

Bludgeon

'Nuff said.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    If you're a true fan of any fiction, you would go for a well-written character like last year, not some Chuck Norris-like "character".

Whatever, I'm just ranting on deaf ears.

This is like voting for the Operative (from Serenity). You know how awesome that guy was.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    No. A "Chuck Norris" Transformer would be something like Lugnut. Erector? Ten times cooler. Erector is like a "Charlie Sheen" Transformer.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Ohhh...

So, Erector goes to Rehab and states he is not mentally sane. You sure you want him build things?

While Bludgeon is out trouncing many Autobots of different continuities WITH HONOR*.

*-

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Is... that's a joke, right? I don't think people still use "true fan" seriously. Afterall, it's pretty much a bullet to the brain of your arguement.

Hell's yeah. You tell him to build a practical and eco-friendly condo, he makes a mansion shaped like a 50-foot crack pipe with boobs on it.

"Winning."

9. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

A true fan would never stop using "true fan" seriously.

Bludgeon got smoked by a bunch of nobodies in Armada. He doesn't deserve to stand among the ranks of Hall of Fame.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    You realize that he's the same guy that curb stomped most of the Autobots at the end of the Marvel comic and had to be stopped by divine intervention.

Plus, he, Thunderwing,Scourge, and Dirge got blown up by some bombs placed in that time travel portal chamber thing.

There's a whole history of Bludgeon Aweomeness on TFwiki and on this website.
    The Bludgeon Home Page

11. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Ask any girl if she'd prefer you to Bludgeon her, or........

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would sooner see Overlord or Kup enter, heck, Cyclonus was far cooler than Blugeon who is not as cool as people make him out to be (read the marvel comics and was underwhelmed by him). Erector is the way forward.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I'll just post this awesome post from another website
    "Choosing Dinobot last year as the winning vote was a very good move. It showed that the TF fandom isn't just into characters due to shallow fanservice or whatnot, but into characters with actual three-dimensional personalities and a depth of quality put into his/her character development.

Dinobot was prime example of this. He appeared in just one series, had barely any notable homages or expies to the guy, but was created as so well a character that he was able to shine above the more well-known guys who always get used time and time again just to please the longtime G1 fans without any real consideration.

Therefore, this next entry should be someone who is just as unique, deep, and thoroughly developed a character as Dinobot was. Whoever that may be I don't know at the moment. But whoever it is shouldn't be chosen simply because of being a well-known character.

It should be someone who has had a deep, solid exploration put into the character's nature and very being, and has undergone as many trials and tribulations to achieve a level of quality put into his/her character as Dinobot had."

14. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

You realize my post was in jest right?

15. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly. But Dinobot is considered the measuring bar standard of Transformers characterization and showed us that the property could be taken seriously, rather than a bunch of poor goofy adventure of the week nonsense that G1 had going on all the time. His influence can be seen in the deeper characterizations we have today. Now there are some great characters out there now, but they either haven't been around enough or haven't made any massive influence on the franchise yet. (See: Transformer Prime character imaginings (Arcee) and new characters (Knockout), or Characters Animated introduced (Bulkhead, Lockdown, Lugnut) ).

To be honest out of those options presented this year not one character sticks out as a unique character like Dinobot did. People are just going to vote for their G1 favorite and call it a day. I mean... some suggestions are just awful. WheelJack? He didn't do anything outside of build dinobots (a dumb idea) and then die in that movie that G1 fans seem to think is good but is just as trash as they think Bayformers are. Some of the ones popularly nominated like Shockwave hasn't been relevant in forever (and now probably will be eventually thanks to the new movie). Soundwave is just the tape guy that hasn't done anything special outside of reoccur once in a while. Ironhide is hardly a stand out. Ratchet has some merit given how much exposure and character he had in his G1 comic and recently in Animated and Prime. The only other characters I could recommend haven't been around long enough to make their mark yet outside the deliciously evil Beast Wars/Machines Megatron...and he could already be considered in the hall of fame under the Megatron banner in the first place.

Because of this there aren't many good choices for a hall of fame-er that really earned their keep and shine about the rest. Now Erector. He sticks out in a big way. If you know what I mean. He has become a stiff pillar that pokes out among the crowd. It's why he has my vote.

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Truth.

It is time the Micromasters stop being ignored! They are as integral a part of the Bot/Con war effort as any other bot, maybe more with the smaller size and well thought out team groupings they give a whole new flexibility to a war that large bots could never provide!

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

(Most people) Bludgeon is hardly known. He is pathetic. Erector Erector Erector.
    (Me) If Erector is so great how come the only time I'v heard of him was a small list of awkwardly named TFs. Other than that I have never heard of him.

Erector. Heh Heh.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Bludgeon was a goddamned tank wrapped up in a shell shaped like an undead samurai. He was a giant transforming robot with unholy magic powers and space-martial arts. He led the Decepticons and stood up to a plot-and-new-toy-powered Megatron, and went down swinging. He came closer to defeating the Autobots than any other Decepticon leader ever has. I'm serious, they needed a freaking act of god to save them. A literal deux ex machina.

... But he's no Erector.

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    That's probably the sole reason why I hope he gets nominated. How many other Cons can accomplish this task?

20. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Bludgeon wouldn't even think it was honorable to kill something as insignificant as Erector. Bludgeon FTW!