Why Blaster do not use it cassettes lEject,Rewind,Ramhorn,Stelljaw in season 2 ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jan 26, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

I have a burning question ,why Blaster do not use it cassettes in G1 season 2 since he made his debut in season 2 to counter Soundwave cassettes
    What the points have Blaster in season 2 debut if he not using any of his cassettes?i think he wasted in season 2 without using his cassettes ,do you agree?
    Where are his cassettes in season 2 ,why he only start using his cassettes in the movies ?

Thanks.

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Not completely sure but my guess is they were either being developed or ported over from the Microman line and didn't make it in time for the 1985 wave of figures. They might have been a late addition and so we didn't see them in the cartoon in season 2. Interestingly, the other toys (like the combiners) that came out in 1986 already debuted in the cartoon in season 2, which was in 1985.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It could be the writers just couldn't (or didn't want to) find a way to write them into the episodes, as they already had so many characters to fit in.

4. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obviously Blaster hated his cassettes.

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    There's a theory that before the 1986 line, and even to some degree with the 1986 line as well, Hasbro wanted each faction to have particular types of characters that the other faction did not, or at least to stagger the rate at which certain type of character were introduced to each faction. If nothing else, perhaps to balance out the fact there were less Decepticons over all.

Examples:

1) Takara apparently were in favour of both Autobot and Decepticon Triple Changers... resulting in the white Astrotrain, complete with artwork in the form of the more "Heroic" running pose, as opposed to the clenched fist artwork used later on)

Hasbro however were apparently resistant to the idea

2) Going by the first draft of the (original) movie, the Predacons were originally to be Autobots.

However 1986 was the first year the Autobots had gestalts, it's possible perhaps, that Hasbro deliberately staggered the introduction of Autobot gestalts: IE The Autobots did create gestalts, but the advantage the Decepticons already held with Devastator was reinforced with Predaking.

3) The Red Tracks. If you look at the 1985 JAPANESE box art, you'll see the red version of Tracks apparently engaging Grimlock in battle... AND if you look in the top right corner, there's also a blue tracks. There's some suggestion that again Takara and Hasbro were a a little at odds over keeping realistic car alt modes to one faction.

4) What's been said already about Blaster and his tapes. It may, again, have been to leave some sort of advantage with the Decepticons since they were less in numbers.

Note also that in the early draft, instead of a second humanoid form tape, a Scorpion is referred to. It may have got cut because they thought a Scorpion wasn't "Heroic enough", because they wanted to hold a Scorpion form over for Scorponok, or simply because they couldnt' get a convincing looking Scorpion out of a tape alt mode.

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    It was not a waste. It only made the movie MORE badass when he finally released his minions. I actually remember a lot of the kids going "WOAH!" in that scene.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't recall there being microman versions of Blaster's cassettes, but I could be wrong.

Typically it was Hasbro giving the writers a list of characters to use in various episodes.

Toy wise they either couldn't be produced in time for the 85 line, or there were already enough toys for the 85 line and they decided to hold off until the 86 line.

It could also be that the idea of Blaster having his own cassettes was something to be saved for the 1986 movie. Which if I remember correctly work started on that in early 1985? Which is why only some of the 1985 characters were in the movie and not others.