Why Beast Wars Megatron should be considered for the Hall of Fame :D

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *feels the nerd rage coming on*

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Okay, first off, The Fallen a.k.a. Megatronus Prime does not exist in the Beast Wars universe. He just doesn't. BW is a continuation of G1 in its primary forms (Sunbow cartoon, Marvel comics, Hasbro tech specs). The Fallen was not established as a character until Dreamwave came about, and DW's take on G1 is far removed from Marvel's. It's a separate G1 universe. Furthermore, the Fallen of the movies is even more removed from the Dreamwave concept of the character. And it's the Fallen of the movies that is revealed to be Megatronus Prime.

The great irony about Beast Wars Megatron is that he named himself after the biblical Megatron named in the Covenant of Primus, only to have it turn out that HE HIMSELF was THAT Megatron. THE MEGATRON!

The Fallen a.k.a Megatronus Prime isn't worthy to step in the shadow of BW Megatron. From his start in Dreamwave he's been nothing but a shallow, two-dimensional uber villian with little in the way of an actual personality. RotF Fallen is likewise a shadowy puppeteer with nothing going on. Perhaps they handled him better in the comics and novellas, but I didn't read those.

ANYWAY! Beast Wars Megatron DID NOT name himself after the frickin' Fallen.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I may have missed something...if there was a time paradox, when did that happen? If he fulfilled a prophecy, who made it?

It's obviously a retcon, but I don't mind conflating Megatronus Prime (about whom the less is known the better...we can pretend he was more awesome that way) with the ancient Covenant Megatron.

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    A) The Fallen, as one of the First 13, is a Multiversal Singularity. He exists in every continuity, and not even as variants, but as the exact same guy, regardless of whether his presence is established.

B) People don't seem to grasp what BW Megatron did. Yes, the Covenant of Primus prophesized a mythical figure named Megatron. Most people jumped to the conclusion that BW Megatron named himself after G1 Megatron as a tribute to his legacy. In reality, BW Megatron knew the prophecy, and he discerned that the prophecy would either happen as random destiny, or it would happen forcibly. He -made himself- the mythical Megatron, because he saw how he could engineer the signs in the prophecy.

C) If there was a prophecy about someone named Megatron, and The Fallen is the original bearer of that name, then retcons make it so that the Covenant of Primus is probably referring to the existence of him, but G1 Megatron and BW Megatron took the name and the prophecy as their own, intending to fulfill its destiny. Regardless of what The Fallen actually -does-, he's still one of the First 13, he still has the power of a demigod. Other Megatrons see one-upping him as a goal worth striving for.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, no, we didn't, we go by that time he expicitly calls G1 Megatron his namesake, and makes those references to the Megatron name. (like the one I quoted) I don't care what Simon Derpman says, that doesn't make sense. The whole "Covenant of Primus" thing was bull.

And FYI, the events of the Beast Wars were not the stories told by the Covenant of Primus, the whole point being that the BW were starting to resemble the Covenant, (inexplicably and arbitrarily) and that meant the war's end was near. It was to give the finale more weight, because, y'know, the end of the friggin' Beast Wars which had been going on for years wasn't heavy enough, apparently. The Covenant's events take place long before the Autobots and Decepticons crashed on Earth, Beast Wars takes place after they do.

Neither do I, mostly because I think both are ass-stupid and it makes me hate one thing less if they count as the same. :D 

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sorry but ^This.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Except we just explained he didn't.

Read the thread, man.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    don't really care who gets in. I just want a beast wars character and not g1. good luck for megatron!

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know, but I still don't care. :D  That multi-dimensional stuff was always a bit hamfisted anyway. I mean really, Unicron exists in every reality at once? So when he gets blown up in one reality, what. . . does he inexplicably blow up in the other realities too for no reason? BAH! Bah, I say!

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I assume there's some set of cosmic rules that suggests if Unicron is destroyed, he simply loses influence in that universe, but those same rules also allow him ways to return. But, in the Energon/Cybertron series, his destruction apparently resulted in a Black Hole that screwed up the fabric of reality in every series, thus allowing plot holes and retcons to become more like side effects. And then he came back in the Cybertron comic, anyway.