Why Beast Wars Megatron should be considered for the Hall of Fame :D

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Mar 29, 2011.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Beast Wars Megatron should be considered for the HoF because he's probably one of the best Megatron's we've had, and due to being a seperate character from G1 Megatron but not from a different "universe" he didn't get a free pass like the others. He's got it all, though: he's intelligent, competant, incredibly cunning, charismatic, suave, had a fantastic voice actor, underwent real change and development, and succeedec in conquering Cybertron where other Megatrons failed. Plus, he was a joy to watch and was an actual villain character and not just 'the bad guy.' He set the standard for the character, bringing it out of the (for lack of a better term) cartoony level the name had been attached to previously, for many Megatrons such as Animated and Prime to follow. In a show dominated by great, 3-dimensional characters with lasting appeal, he stands out.

He is a cool guy, I like him a lot, and deserves at least recognition in my eyes. Plus, it'd be cool to have two Megatron's in Hof (even if they named him "Megatron the Second" or something to make the distinction more obvious) if he got in. :)  Oh, and he's a T-rex, and then a dragon. Oh yeah.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Time for the better Megatron to enter the HoF, yesss!!

3. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, so the Megatron in the hall of fame is not all the Megatron? It's just the G1 Megatron. If that's the case, I definitely say the Beast Era Megatron deserves a spot. He was, in my opinion, the most evil and the most intelligent of all the Megatrons.

4. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I consider him to already be apart of the HOF since Megatron is in it. Both Dinobot's were included even though they're considered separate characters.

5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You mean Dinobot/Dinobot 2?

Dinobot 2 was a clone, and in the end of BW got the memories of the old Dinobot. Dinobot 2 was effectively Dinobot reborn through science and cosmic magic. Beast Wars Megatron was just a really clever dude who called himself Megatron. The two were entirely seperate beings, wheras both Dinobots were the same guy just, well, two of the same guy. Their Story is the same. One charatcer's evolution. BW Megatron's story is about him being a different guy then the original Megatron. And the fact is BW Megatron isn't in the HoF. (so says TFWiki.net, and frankly they're the most reliable in these situations)

6. ErbFan28

News Credits:
    I like the name Megatron for whoever leads the Preds/Cons, but I don't like that there are two totally different transformers with the name Megatron. There's no individuality in that. Beast era Megatron does play the part better though, yeeeeessss.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    There's no individuality in... being an individual? What?

Seems to me that lumping him in with the other Megatrons would remove his individuality as being such a great and unique character.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    You forgot he turned into a tank in the prequel story and a giant head-jet thing as well as take his archrival's most powerful form in BM.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    When Megatron made it in, ALL Megatrons made it in (just like all starscreams made it in). I'm pretty sure when Optimus Prime made it in, Optimus Primal was thrown in too.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I dunno, I don't see much about Primal being in HoF. That'd be fucking sweet if they were, since Primal deserves it, too, but they're seperate characters, and with different names. Is Optimus Minor in HoF now, too?

If he is though, guess the thread title should be changed to someone else deserving? Rattrap? Cheetor? (I still think Cheetor deserves it, God Dammit. Look at how far he went from the beginning of BW to the end of BM!) Maybe just to "consider more Beast Wars characters?" No shortage to choose from! :D 

12. ErbFan28

News Credits:
    That's what I mean!!!!!!!!!!! Why would you want to have a name already made famous by another. There isn't any individuality in that. Kinda what I'm getting at is that his name shouldn't have been Megatron. Even though he fits the description, the name is already taken. It's sounds contradicting, but it makes some sense....and it's off subject. hahaha

13. Lacimehc

Just seems easier to include all characters based on name to avoid filling the HOF with duplicate names.

I don't think primal would count as Optimus prime though...

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But that's the point of the character. His entire motivation. He took the name Megatron because he wanted to aspire to him. In his own words: "The universe cowered once at the name Megatron, and it shall do so again!"

Plus, remember, when the toyline was first put together, it was set in modern-times and Megatron was supposed to be the same character as G1. Only did the show change that with the above explanation.

And for that reason and in this case alone do I think BW Megatron should be considered.

It wouldn't "fill the HoF with duplicate names" this is one unique circumstance. Every other name reuse can count as a "different depiction" of the same character. BW Megatron can't, as his character depends on G1 Megatron being in the same universe.

15. Lacimehc

I guess it would make sense to make an exception for him then. They should probably just add him without a vote next year since the original got in automatically.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They should just make an extra little poll "Should Beast Wars Megatron and Optimus Primal count under the existing Megatron and Optimus Prime spots?" or something.

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Normally I would be vehemently opposed to this as they are separate robots and characters, but in this circumstance I have to say yes as there is so many "Megatrons" and "Prime(als)" they could clog up the voting for decades to come

VVVVVV​

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This HOF stuff is going to get messy in the years to come. IMO, Optimus Prime =/= Optimus Primal and All Other Megatrons =/= BW Megatron.

Last year's Hall was fantastic. It was exciting, memorable, and it worked out. This year ... I'm not feeling the same about it. The Erector vote may have started out as a legitimate vote, but that is slowly turning into a huge joke. Just my opinion.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So many as in four seperate characters not counting "reimaginings", two of which are already in HoF?

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

(will simplify just in case) Normally I would be opposed to lumping the Beast Wars leaders (primal and beastatron) in with with their G1 counterparts as they are separate robots and separate characters. But, the line has to be drawn somewhere or else we could be voting for

G1 Prime and Megatron
    Machinewars Prime and Megatron
    Battlestars Star Convoy and Super Megatron.
    Beast Wars Primal and Beastatron
    RID Prime and Megatron
    Unicron Trilogy Prime and Megatron
    WFC Prime and Megatron
    Animated Prime and Megatron
    Prime.. Prime and Megatron
    Movie Prime and Megatron

Comics:
    Marvel Prime and Megatron
    Dreamwave Prime and Megatron
    IDW Prime and Megatron

and anyone else I forgot. Other than that, sorry not getting drug into a squabbling match, I spoke my piece.