Why BBTS?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LadyStarscream, Nov 15, 2006.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

This is a legitimate question, not trying to start anything here, but why all the loyalty to BBTS? I always shop around, and I've noticed that BBTS is usually higher than most other places, yet everyone here seems to almost exclusively give them all their business. So I'm curious, tell me why I should give BBTS my business as opposed to other stores? I've been pricing MP-04 and BBTS seems to have the highest price tag on him which is why I havent ordered from them yet. Are there some great sales and deals that perhaps I am missing?

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think it's more of a convenience than anything to mention BBTS. Four letters. Simple as that.

Personally I prefer TFSource.com. But there are certain items that they don't carry. So I go to Kicks-hobby, BBTS, Snarl's Homepage, or JRS Toyworld.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    BBTS have decent service. I used to use them all the time, but very rarely anymore since I've pretty much stopped collecting US stuff and discovered HLJ.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I stick to eBay for all my deals. I've never bought from an online toy store except main ones like Hasbro, or Walmart online.

All the smaller online outlets seem overpriced to me.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I normally deal with A3U (japanese imports) and Kooltoyz (newer north american stuff), depending on what I need. They're both reliable.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

BBTS are very easy to work with. Joel and his crew are super guys and will do what they can to help you out. They also ship fast and they package every order very well. They also have a more and a better variety of toys than most. They're also pretty good at refilling sold out items.
    I admit they are overpriced at times. It's not just the goods they sell that make them good, it's also their service .

Them and Digital-toys are my favs, it's like doing buisness with humans you can relate to.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Alright here's the deal for most people, including myself.

Joel has stood out as being a guy who will go to extremes to satisify his customers. Many remember the New Year's Optimus shortage debacle, and Joel went on ebay and probably lost money just to make sure his customer's orders were honored.

I personally had two BT Tracks sent to me on accident instead of 1 Tracks and 1 Swindle. He offered that second Tracks to me for $20. This was still a relatively new BT item mind you. He also gave me free shipping on a GC-01 to send with my Swindle.

It's just things like that, coupled with his freakin awesome shopping cart system that makes it worth perhaps spending a little more there. The shopping system encourages saving money on shipping. The preorder thing is ridiculously easy to use. I can preorder something, then 5 minutes later decide I don't want it, and change it on the website immediately.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Well, their outstanding service makes up for the slightly higher prices. Example....My MP Starscream came missing null rays, they sent me new ones next day mail for free! My 1st BT skids was broke MISB. They sent me a new one.

I also use digital-toys and tfsource. All good.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I wont order from them anymore. their prices are just obscene for most items, and can be beaten (no matter the item) if you just look around. I used to order some stuff from them way back when they had flat 5 dollar shipping, but not since.

TFsource is my favorite.

10. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great customer service. I don't exclusively shop @ BBTS for online stuff, but whenever Joel has a sale on something I want I won't hesitate to order as I would on many other sites

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They ship internationally and have great customer service. That's why I use them to get all my US-released stuff.

12. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I don't exclusively order from them, but each time I have, they've been spot on in service. They've been helpful in answering emails and all items have arrived promptly once paid for. Some times you are willing to pay a bit more for that security of service.

13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I like them for the service, pile of loot option which saves shipping, and their ease of preordering and cancelling orders that haven't shipped yet. BUT the other big thing is that it's a one-stop online toystore. most other places only specialize in transformers or have some of the lines I collect, but not all. BBTS carries every line I collect.

14. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Because Joel is awesome. He'll hunt stuff down for you. He'll make sure, whatever it takes, to make you satisfied. His prices aren't always the most reasonable, but there's few stores that give me the sense of security I get from shopping at BBTS.

That whole crew is just perfect as far as customer relations go. And that Pile-o-loot feature is the coolest thing in the history of online inventions.

Plus, I get free bumps to overnight shipping. Pay for standard, and it's there the next day every single time.

Most of time, I'd rather give a tiny bit more money to the store that has the best customer service and/or overall experience. It's why I'd rather shop at Target than Walmart. It's also why I'll shop at BBTS instead of whoever has the lowest price on whatever it is I'm shopping for. I want BBTS to stick around, and don't have any problem dropping extra dimes on something to keep a business around that's more friendly to me than half of my family.

15. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

BBTS was the first online store I ever bought from. They've been great in the past, allow checks for payment, and have excellent customer service. Always great to do business with friendly people.

16. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I had one bad experience with BBTS. It involved ALT Mirage. I don't want to go there again.

However, being that it was the only time I had a bad experience with BBTS, I am willing to look past it. So much that I preordered ALT Ravage and Rumble with them. I guess I'm taking a leap of faith here since the ALT Mirage I bought was also preordered from them.

17. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

As far as BBTS goes...I like their sales. Way better than Action-HQ. They are usually 2x retail.

I'm more for trading, buying, and selling through the boards or finding it in the store.

18. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    ^Also had problems with Alt Mirage, but I was happy enough with the resolution.

Good customer service, good feedback, maybe a bit of herd mentality in that everyone else seems to enjoy buying stuff from him so why shouldn't I?

19. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    personally, they've priced themselveves out of the Market for me ~ even when they have a 20% off sale i can usually find things cheaper with a minimal effort... after the $5 flat-rate shipping went away, there wasn't any particular advantage.

20. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

They do have great service and I have spent more than a few dollars there.

BUT, the prices have gone up. Legit or not, I feel I can get everything on their site cheaper through various other outlets.