Why Bay is returning to direct Transformers 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Feb 17, 2012.

1. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

The funny thing is, if you guys were in his shoes and were offered millions, wouldn't you return?

Sure, there's money but there's no way it's the only factor. You have to get some kind of satisfaction out of making certain types of movies. I'm sure he can find other movies to produce/direct if it was just the money.

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Even if I was offered a crap ton of money, I wouldn't come back. I'd stay true to my word and let somebody else have a shot at it.

3. FeelingLuckyPnk

GTFO!

4. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Well people in Hollywood have blind greed and are all practically sell-outs. You, however, have morals that you abide by.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "Im going to need like... FIVE more dollar signs on that bag of money... and an explosion... a NICE one..."

6. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm being serious. If I was stepping down because I felt creatively that I had nothing left and that if I did do it, it would be half heartly, why should I deprive someone, who actually wants do it, of their chance simply because I only wanted more money?

I would do it however, if it was the only way to get a studio to fund the movie I really want to do.

7. FeelingLuckyPnk

You think you would. But if you were working on something so great like the Transformers franchise and were offered to work on it again, you most likely would accept - whether you had any creativity left or not. And like I said, it's not all about the money either. We all know Bay likes explosions...and which other movie franchise will give him the opportunity to go crazy with it?

8. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, I know I wouldn't come back. I would make my last movie incredibly good, and if the studio wanted to make a sequel, I would tell them "thanks but no thanks" and then make something else.

Also, with Bay, any movie he makes has explosions and his movies are always extremely over the top, so I don't think that would factor in.

9. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I'm viewing this thread in 3D glasses right now. Trying not to laugh.

Transformers has been around for about 3 decades. So thinking about it, this is all Bay has got for him.

10. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Pointless thread is pointless.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I know, right? In actuality, he loves the franchise, but only because it brings him money.

13. The621

News Credits:
    Oh I remember this one. De-Vas-Stay DER! I SAY De-Vas-Stay DER!

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Obviously everything revolves around money, but It's more about his directing style that can't be replaced.

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

And this is the rudest thing I have ever read. I think you should state why you disagree with my statement more cohesively.

I guess hate was too strong a word. I guess "apathetic" is more like it.

I doubt Michael Bay really cares about Transformers, though. Like, he's not a "fan". If he was, he probably would've asked the designers to stick closer to the original designs. But maybe over the years he has come to respect this franchise and it's lore? Does he really give a fuck, or is this just a money printing machine to him?

16. The621

News Credits:
    His style is more of an issue. Think about it. It's for money. Alright, sensible. Everyone's gotta find a form of income to survive.

Bay doesn't keep that in mind that most work consists of actual work. In his style of characters, he emphasizes useless roles that turn the tides because their lives seem to be more important. Somehow, we just don't find the idea that a college brat with selfish intentions saving the world as suitable as the selfless heroes that risk neck and body to fight.

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
  18. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didnt bay state when he did the first movie that he would keep making transformer movies as long as the fans and audiences wanted more?

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I doubt it.

I doubt it.

I can be dumber and ruder than either of those.

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Ok, I'll state why I disagree with your statement more cohesively, even after you switched "hate" to "apathetic."

First off, you're assuming that every "real" Transformers fan views the franchise in its entirety the same way you do... case in point: as you put it, if he was an actual ("real") fan, he "probably would've asked the designers to stick closer to the original designs." So does that mean everyone who likes the movie designs and sees why they make sense isn't a "real" fan?

Secondly, he must not be that apathetic towards the franchise, as his office includes prominent Transformers memorabilia, and he had a lifesize Bumblebee replica in his back yard.

Third, people can piss and moan all they want, but every iteration of the franchise has been interpreted in a unique way, so it's unfair to complain that the movie series did the exact same thing. It doesn't mean Michael Bay hates the franchise or doesn't give a shit about it. He's doing things the way he wants to - which is what pretty much every director does. And for the record, in my opinion there's been way more done "right" than done "wrong." There is much evidence within the movies to support the idea that Bay does understand the importance of certain concepts within the Transformers franchise, and as his experience with it has grown, so has the amount of evidence.

Fourth, he's the highest paid director in the world off of these films, so yeah, money absolutely figures into his decision to return. It's like winning the lottery every couple of years, guaranteed. Faulting him for that is, I'm sorry, but it's dumb.