Why aren't online stores preselling Transformers Prime Hasbro toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MaxGoof, Nov 3, 2011.

1. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    I notice that some online stores are pre-selling the Takara Transformers Prime toys, but I can't find any that are pre-selling the Hasbro versions. Since these are due out in under a month, does anyone know why presales haven't even began yet? I don't get it.

2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Hasbro may have not yet released the assortment information to the etailers, or aren't allowing that information to be revealed at the moment (etailers got listings for the first 2 or 3 waves of Dark of the Moon, but weren't allowed to post them until after the "street date").
    Prime may be "street dated" or etailers just can't confirm when they'll get the product from Hasbro (shouldn't presell something you don't have an idea when you'll get it)

3. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    They are. Robot Kingdom just put up pre-orders. Oh, scratch that. They're evidently in stock, and not all Hasbro (some Takara).

4. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    Probably cause its only a preview line here, where as everywhere else it is being released later and its just the main line, there is probably not gonna be many made for the First Editions and Hasbro doesn't want all of us to buy them all early.

Thats my best guess, and i too have been searching for that, I work at a Toys R Us, so as soon as i see the boxes come into the store, I'll post the release date that is on the box.

5. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    Yup, but they are reeeeaaallly over priced!
    If they were $5 or $10 more + S&H I'd be down but I'd rather wait, and their site say November 7th. Thats exactly what I am gonna be doing that day

6. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    I completely agree. I was just letting the OP know that an online retailer did have some TF Prime figs available for order. I'm not going to bother to order them. Once, Hasbro puts out the line in brick-n-morter stores there will be an ample amount. I wouldn't be surprised if people won't be picking some up at Ross/Marshalls/TJMaxx by the time it's all said and done.

7. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Its a pity because it is those pre-orders that let me budget. If I don't have the security of pre-orders then impulse buying will cost me double in the end.

8. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

wait? so the first edition toys are getting released later with the main line also?

9. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I just wish these would drop now. I keep checking BBTS for pre orders but have not seen anything. At this rate I will find them in the store first.

I plan on buying the entire series of figures since I love the show so much.

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

No the first edition was just released in Hong Kong so i would say first us sighting within 2 weeks.

I could see the web retailers not bothering with preorders for these because there is a good chance that these toys will be easy to find much like the first wave of any toyline. I can still find wave 1 generations figures on the shelves at some stores not many but they are still floating out there. It may not be worth the time and money to post preorders for them. This is purely speculation and my own opinion.

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I bet the voyagers will be a bit harder to find. The deluxes should be fine. Hopefully they are nationwide by the Christmas season.

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    That seemed to be the case with RTS. I can't ever remember seeing a RTS Voyager at retail - EVER.

I'm hoping this won't be the case with Prime, since I really need to have a Bulkhead.

13. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    It won't be. Transformers Prime is the primary Transformers marketing element going into the next year (supported by a well received cartoon), it WILL get widespread support and none of the toys should be hard to get in the long run.

14. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want them to be available at BBTS because I have a credit there :p 

15. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    You know, I have been lookin around at my work, and checked the next trucks manifest.
    They aren't coming for a while.
    Previous rumor was sometime next week, but that seems unlikely. I still think people should keep there eyes open just in case.
    I was looking back at some BotCon stuff and apparently Hasbro said December 1st, 2011.
    I have some guys that work in the back lookin out for them, so as soon as I know, you'll all know.

16. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Good man. Thanks for the info.

We are ALL waiting for these figs... :)