Why are you seeing it in 3d tomorrow at 9pm?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by daytimeninja, Jun 27, 2011.

1. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I for one don't care about 3d, and just want to see it ASAP. Is anyone wanting to go to the one tomorrow for simply the 3d, or just because it's the first showing? I know Bay said how they revolutionized it or whatever, but I have a feeling his crap about how it's best if the theaters put in special lighting and sound is just an excuse if it sucks in the average theater.

2. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

im going because its the first showing...i dont really care about the 3d either :p 

3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Same here. I'd have liked to see it at an Imax, but none locally.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Because across the board, the 3D has been universally praised. Even the reviews that have trashed the film point out the visuals. The movie was designed for 3D and shot in 3D.

Why wouldn't anyone see it in 3D?

5. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

I hate 3D, but im gonna go see it anyways cuz I wanna watch it that badly XD It's TRANSFORMERS!! and the best one to date yet (so I've heard)

I'll see it half a dozen times in theater with and without 3D and eventually on bluray anyways, lots of times to get to watch it and pick out all the little details :) 

6. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

I have avoided 3D so far but i was planning to see it in 3D anyway.

BUT i am just impatient, thats why i am seeing it tomorrow :sly: 

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going because it's the first showing AND because it's in 3D. When 3D first came out, I didn't like it that much. My first 3D experiences were Up and Avatar- neither amazed me. Then, I saw more and more3D movies that looked great, and it seemed like Hollywood as a whole, not just one director, was getting better at 3D. And now there's a sort of slump in what, in my opinion, is good 3D. So I'm hoping DOTM will TRULY get 3D going again. It seems like a great industry, but only for certain movies.

8. MorenoVL

MorenoVL Well-Known Member

I went to Avatar in the cinema, but if I'm correct the 3D never came towards you. I hope that it does now

9. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Bought my 12am tickets when they were the first show, BECAUSE they were the first show. Still are for navy pier imax xD, 6 story screen what!

10. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Droop Snoot

News Credits:
    well, I hear the 3-D is amazing, and i do like 3-d, even though the effect fades after watching a 3-D movie for a while. Hopefully, all the action on the screen will make full use of the 3-d and make the effect last. I'm seeing it at 9: 30 tomorrow because I wanna see it ASAP. Same thing happened for the First movie. I saw a pre-screening a day early, and it was well worth it. Maybe this will be just as worth it now as it was in 2007.

11. GuyverDarkHero

GuyverDarkHero Active Member

well with it being shot on the same 3D cameras as Avatar (great 3D not the best film) definately seeing it in 3D. Got my tickets booked and counting down the hours =)

12. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

Im doing the IMAX 3D At AMC South Barrington Theatre because for some reason when I saw 300 at Navy Pier I wasnt that impressed. And I sure as hell dont remember it being Six Floors

13. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

More importantly it's the first showing, but I have never seen a 3D movie and this looks like a good movie for 3D.

14. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    I would want to see it tomorrow regardless of 3D. I'm a Transformers fan I want to see the movie ASAP. I'd watch it yesterday if i could.

That being said. It was shot in 3D. Why not watch it in 3D?

15. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

even though ours has a 9:00 showing,I'm going to the 2nd showing at 12:15.Late night movie going ftw!

16. SONICDEBEZT

SONICDEBEZT DESTROYER OF WORLDS

News Credits:
    Hell yeaz iam got my tickets all ready bring it on :d

17. JazzSanti86

JazzSanti86 Rockin Out! Latino Style!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    After seeing the footage in 3D at botcon, it solidified my thoughts on how the 3D was gonna look and got me more pumped to see the 9pm showing :) 

18. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    Watched it this morning. Without any spoilers I gotta say that you are gonna be a fool to watch the film in 2D! I have played a couple of scenes in 3D and 2D to see the difference and its striking!

The first half of the film has been converted into 3D so it's nothing special. Good overall but nothing mindblowing.

The second part though is absolutely EPIC! The second half of the film has been shot with the Avatar cameras and it's absolutely EPIC! I have never seen anything like it! And I've seen every 3D film there was being a cinema projectionist. Avatar 3D was amazing! This one beats it! Every spark, every explosion and shrapnel can be seen perfectly well flying out of the screen! and the bots look more believable and absolutely stunning in 3D!

Like I said you have to be a fool to watch it in 2D!

19. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

This will be my first movie in 3D since Jaws 3D, back in 1983!! I do hope the technology has improved. Hehe.

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm seeing it tomorrow at 9pm PDT in 3D because I REALLY want to see this movie, and because if it's going to be anything like Avatar (filmed in 3D rather than post-converted) it's going to look amazing.