Why are you disappointed with TF1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Why do some feel disapointed with what they did in TF1? Was it the robot designs, the development of characters, or maybe it was what some think was a crap stroy? To me,the movie was great!!! :thumbs2:  I give it 9 out 10!!!
    Really, I didnt see anything wrong with it. Except that the robots needed more screen time, some of the designs of the robots (mainly Starscream) and the development of robots. :thumbdown 
    There wasnt anything wrong with it that I missed is there? So what didnt you people like with it?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In before the ranting...

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    One Word:

Humans

4. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Yeah, Good point!

5. mecha

mecha Banned

simple...the first three part show of the g1 cartoon had more story and more action than this abortion of a movie...the TF's looked mainly like strange insectoid designs...the story line was crap...the premise of how the Transformers come to earth was weak....

The second movie can only go up because the first movie blew chipmunks...

and do not even get me started on that ******ed rubix cube called the all spark...

6. RonimusPrime

RonimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lack of Frank Welker and Casey Kasem. Jazz is turned into a complete joke and then killed off for no good reason. There is no logic in Bumblebee being reparable after being seperated from his legs and the same not being so for Jazz.

7. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

Yeh we've kinda heard enough ranting about the 1st film's cons and stuff. Buh i would have say...the humans and the fact that some TF's died too quickly and should have been met with a more honorable death haha

8. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I dont like to do this, but I have to agree with this guy, I only bought the toys to support TF, but I consider that half of them are ugly and thats because of the overall design, I dont know why they couldnt go G1

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Without whom a fraction of the audience would have enjoyed it. The movie is set on Earth for a reason; he humans were largely there to give Joe Average moviegoer something to relate to.
    They weren't catering solely to fanboys with a movie this big, and I do wish more people would realise that amazingly obvious fact.

10. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I think this is only partially true.

The human characters are indeed important to give the audience something to relate to, and to draw us into the Transformers world - the dynamic between them is vital.

However, taking that as a rule, there's probably a cracking (unwritten) version of the film script that would perhaps play the movie out mainly from Sam and Mikelas(?) perspective, in the same way that pretty much everything in Indiana Jones is seen from his POV (we never leave our hero to see what's happening over at the Whitehouse). This would omit the need for Hackers, Defence Ministers and other assorted genre stereotypes to be anything other than small supporting characters who would no longer require labyrithine subplots of their own that existed mainly as filler to keep the balance of a film that couldn't afford to have it's titular charcters onscreen for more than a few minutes at a time. The problem here is BUDGET.

Apologies to all, I've let myself be drawn into this again...

11. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

im not.

12. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Joe Six Pack

Joe the Plumber

Joe the Brother

and now Joe Average Movie Goer!!!! Yayayayay!

13. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

lol,okay i'll just stop mysellf from posting my thoughts about the movie. lets just say i was slightly dissapointed and i'll leave it at that.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Hey in before the lock.

Designs: No I wasn't expecting the cartoon because hey it's a lot of money thrown at a film so you expect improvements. Still when I go see say a Spiderman movie I expect to see him wearing something close to what I know is Spiderman. Yea Iron Spider costume might be in the comic books but it wouldn't cut it in a movie. Thus I wanted to go in a know who was who before Joe Average because being a fan should give you a bonus. Plus I really don't like busy or bits just to see how many bits you can put on. Ouch and the how ugly can we make Starscream. While it might seem silly to some people I really missed all the little things like Megatron's arm cannon.

Humans: I don't know why but if you say humans somehow people think you wanted no humans at all. Some of human cast was good and really added to the story so they needed to be in the film. A good deal of the cast could have been cut though giving the movie a better pace. Just felt like the film had too much filler time taking away the feeling that film was about the robots.

Robots: Not really happy with the changes to the personalities. Prime just didn't feel like the great hero any more. Megatron had a great voice actor, but it seemed wasted on the often times mindless monster things. Poor Starscream hardly got to say anything. I don't like super warrior Bumblebee. Ouch and I've seen jobber wrestlers put up a better fight than the so called Decepticon warriors.

Story felt like it borrowed too much from other films and didn't really feel Transformers enough for me. I've never really liked Bay films because while he's the man when it comes to blowing something up the other bits of his films always fall so flat. Throwing in the bad camera shots didn't help me love the film either.

I don't know maybe it's sort of my fault for going in and thinking somehow it would be a fan fest like Spiderman 1 and 2, Iron Man, or even the new Hulk movie. Instead I got this rather cold feeling that far too many of the things I wanted as a fan just were not important to the people making Transformers. Sort of the alinated from the franchise feeling because Joe Average was king and the heck with you old toy/cartoon/comic book geezers.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I should have guessed it would be you who would post something, shouldn't I; if there's one person guaranteed to pointlessly pick at a post I make, it's you.
    OK, a translation for Rear Admiral Needlessly-Picky here:

"Joe Average Moviegoer"
    =
    "Members of the General Public who aren't into Transformers, don't collect them, and don't have any particular ties to G1 either as a concept, a storyline, or a toyline, but who just want to go see a movie"

Either way, I'm not getting dragged back into movie argument bullshit. This time round I intend to hardly even post about the movie, since I got thoroughly pissed off with rubbish like this last time round.

If you want to needlessly pick at me, Superion33, find another topic, because you've just seen the only time I intend to rise to your ridiculous baiting this time. Kthxbye.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  16. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

The only disappointing thing for me in about the film is all these threads that just keep popping up. We should have a stickied "Bitch, Moan, and Whine" Thread an be done with the clutter for christ's sake.

17. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Starscream only had 2 lines in english, and 3 in cybertronian two of which didnt have subtitles (when landing at hoover and in the credits).... damn whoever was in charge of Starscream for the film

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No kidding. Sometimes I wonder about this fandom.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

-Well for starters, my reasons for not liking the movie was their were more human characters who nobody cared about then their were Transformers. A few human characters were necessary of course but thier was just too many of them, and most of them weren't even important.

-Megatron; At first glance you don't even know what it is without being told what it is. Thier is nothing about his robot mode which screams 'Megatron' He looks more like Mecha-Swampthing then he does Megatron.
    And secondly about Megatron, he wasn;t even the main villain of the movie. Technically Starscream was in command for most the movie. Megatron was just some rampaging maniac who showed up at the end of the movie, and then he got killed by Sam. Very disappointing.

-Jazz got killed. Why? What was the point? I felt more sorry when Bumblebee lost his feet then I did for Jazz losing his life. Not even the Autobots gave a crap when he was snuffed.

Those are just a few of my reasons. I don't feel like posting the rest.

20. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Very good reasons. Jazz's death didn't have enough emotion in it for my tastes, it didnt make me feel more upset then when BB lost his legs at all.