Why are we hating on Transformers 4? (already)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There seems to be a bit of a social rule in Hollywood that you always have to talk really good about the movie that is about to come out. You almost never see anyone trash the movie before it's released even if it's a Uwe Boll movie.

Trashing a previous film might be a new marketing plan for Hollywood. When they were promoting Terminator Salvation they were trashing the previous Terminator movie pretty hard even though Salvation wasn't much of an improvement. Perhaps it's a way to win over people who were disappointed or didn't like a film in the series. Kind of I'll show my disapproval of that other film by watching the new and improved film.

2. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Could be the aspects of the flaws in the previous film instalments, otherwise it's just stupid.

3. Stilez

Stilez Well-Known Member

if you havnt noticed, tf 1 2 and 3 were all let down by the humans been involved too much, but tf 4 wont have hardly and of the humans from past transformers movies, so more time will be spent on the CGI and characteriseation, thats why it will be better.... hopefully this isnt the last film, and maybe, its set in cybertron? i really want to see a film in cybertron :p , or atleast some decent CGI like tf prime set in cybertron... not just 1 episode like they did tho

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because, as Transformers fans, it is our solemn duty to hate everything associated with Transformers.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Why do you think that they won't just introduce new humans? They've done so in every other film, after all. There's no point in doing a live action movie with no human characters, and if you're going to do the entire film on cybertron with transformers, it's effectively a cgi movie anyway.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My god your right.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

What little news we have received about Transformers 4 says there will be a new human cast not there will be no human cast. Just because we don't have the casting list this far away from filming doesn't mean there will be a lack of human characters in the film.

8. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think it is becasue a lot of us grew up in the 80s, as did I, and tend to compare each new iteration of the franchise to what G1 was. We know these charactes backwards and forwards as we have our memories of the original source material to compare the movies too. I do not hate the Bay movies though, as they have done a lot for the frachise, and have introduced TFs to a whole new generations of people. Also, the action sequences are top notch. Optimus always kicks @ss! However, as a life long fan, I am still waiting for that true G1-esque live action experience. Bay will never create our vision of the perfect Transformers movie though. So I will take what I can get. I will still go see TF4 and will be optimistic about it, but maybe we should start lobbying now for Matt Tieger to direct Transformers 5 just to be on the safe side. :) 

9. MachSabre

MachSabre Blackmarket T-Cog Dealer

Huh. So we've become Star Wars fans?

10. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

Whose hating? I'm not hating, I can't wait for TF4.

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This... strangely makes sense. :lol 

12. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Because Bay is directing it. The same guy who wanted to make the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles an ALIEN race...yeah..that guy.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Whenever I think of this, a little pang of anger goes through my head. It is the very thing that shows how crap Bay is.
    It's IN THE NAME! TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES. It is not "Teenage Ninja Aliens"! How can you screw that up!? How!? BAY!!!

I'm so glad it got cancelled.

14. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Exactly! With his logic he would probably be like "Oh hey guys I don't think people like my Transformers movies very much...but you know what will fix it? Let's make Optimus Prime a friggin Garbage Truck!" I mean he already turned Devastator into a giant bulldog... yet people still have faith?

15. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Oh and another point is that they killed off Jazz, Ironhide, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, and Megatron... so how would they next one be good without these characters anyways? Granted they will probably just bring Megatron back from the dead again..

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Individual characters aren't really that important in the movies. They can just be replaced by someone thats of the same archetype to those killed off characters.

17. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Because logically, the next movie will suck just as bad as the last three. After all, Michael Bay is still involved, and that just spells trouble for anything.

But hey, if you're one of the people who are looking forward to the next movie, then good for you. I'm not, but I'm going to watch it anyway. Maybe it'll surprise people and actually turn out good.

Yeah right.

18. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you've gotten 3 movies from someone you can pretty expect whats coming in Part 4. If we were ever going to get a great or even good TF movie from Bay it would've been after ROTF when Bay saw the universal hate the movie got.

For TF4, I'm looking forward to no more Shia( fucking hated him in DOTM) and alot of the other humans as well as the new robot action scenes that Bay cooks up because he is good at that. Other than those things I'm not looking forward to bad storytelling, victoria secret shots of women, little to no robot character development, weak decepticons and ATROCIOUS humor.

19. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

Exactly. Bay is directing Transformers 4. I've now seen 3 Transformers movies by himself, and I have absolutely no reason to think that he has the vision, the imagination, or the impetus to change anything at all in them, mainly because they made a crapton of money by being essentially the same movie 3 times over.

So yeah, I'm not excited by the thought of Transformers 4. While I may not 'hate' on it too much, I can't say I'm going to be squeeing about it at all.

20. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

People...you do realize that whole TMNT being aliens thing was a lie, right? That he was referring to the alien FORMULA that created them? Just clearing that up. for the hundrendth time.