Why are we hating on Transformers 4? (already)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    personal reasons: Ironhide is dead and Bay is still the director

logical reason: all the cons are dead and i don't wanna know what Bay has in store for them

because this is obviously true and exactly why i hate the movie franchise

2. tgd124

tgd124 Junkion Wrecker

If it wern't for the bay movies, i never would have gotten into transformers. before seeing the awesomeness of the '76 comaro, i thought transformers were all the anime crap on tv i saw when flipping through channels (i beleive it was armada... not hating on the show, i just can't stand anime). I loved Jazz, the Twins, Sideswipe, and the Wreckers from the movies, and the cgi was friggin' amazing. I'm gonna continue seeing any transformer movie that comes out, even if the story kinda sucks, amazing robots beatin the $#!+ out of eachother is awesome. The movies didn't ruin transformers, it made them cool again and brought back popularity and gave more commen ground between generations. Transformers 4 is going to happen, and it's gonna be cool, at least wait to see it before you hate it.

3. SwerveGears

SwerveGears Autonomous Robot

News Credits:
    Overlord Balder, by the power not invested in me, I hereby dub thee the Alfred of TFW2005.

But seriously, it's just because in this universe, drastic change takes ridiculously long periods of times. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the movie, but others who hated the first three movies are probably not going to change.

However, I would find it hilarious if everyone's position reversed once it's released.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Because 3 is enough. plus I don't want more Bumblebees flooding the shelves.

5. Avengers

Avengers Banned

It's usually Three strikes and your out. Can't expect a home run after you've just struck out.

6. Muramasa

Muramasa Well-Known Member

Seems to be more of the same. Nameless Cons being cannon fodder and easily getting scrapped is not fun to watch anymore. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is adding more of Steve Jablonsky's scores to my iPod.

7. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    I just want Bumblebee to die. Sam watches Bumblebee die in battle from a gigantic uber-scary Decepticon, he cries like a Rugrat, then decides he's had enough with the war and leaves... The end of Sam WigWaggy.

8. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I've come to look at, people who bitch and moan about a franchise, after more than ONE sequel, are doing it, because the common sense has oozed from their brains and on to their keyboards.

Resident Evil, the films, are going on to the FIFTH MOVIE. And yet, STILL people complain that they aren't like the games. Like it didn't dawn on them after the FIRST movie, that they weren't.

Same thing with the RE games. After 4, they STILL complained that it wasn't horror anymore, then 5 came out, same thing, then Operation Racoon City came out, SAME thing, THEM....Wait for it...RE 6 demos were shown, and they STILL complained.

There is a point were logic, and common sense is no longer a factor among fandoms.And with the advent of the internet, it gives people a chance to cry, and bitch, and ''protest'' things, when ALL THE WHILE, they go and watch the movies, and play the games anyway.

When I see people complain about TF 2007, THEN go See ROTF, bitch about it, THEN STILL go see DOTM. I tend to just tune out, and realize these people are f**king idiots, and can't get a clue to save their lives.

9. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    You're a joke.

If it only it were true. I seem to be a glutton for punishment.
    Just like ROTF and DOTM, I will follow the production, speculate, get excited, think "This is it! They did it right! They're making up for ROTF being one of the worst movies ever created!" from misleading information during production.
    I will then go into the cinema and see a terrible movie and be extremely disappointed until I can start the process again with TF 5.

10. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Bay movie Haters make up for 99% of the ticket sales. True story.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Since the only real change is cheaper human actors I don't see the point in getting excited. If you enjoy what the films have been doing, well it will likely be more of what you want. If you are one of the people wanting something else out of the films the odds of actually getting what you want seem really really remote.

If anything the films kind of feel like they are going down hill like the Rambo movies. We start out in the film with a Prime that has a fairly even fight with Bonecrusher and Prime is dead even with Megatron in a fight. By the third film Prime has become so powerful he's like a robotic version of a Chuck Norris joke.

Transformers 4 might make for an okay rental just to see how bad it is. But hey I've seen bad films before and if I live long enough I'll see far worse. No if there is a point to get angry about it will be the flood of movie toys on the shelves and nothing cool to buy at stores because it has to be all about the movies.

12. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

The complaints about RE are 100% valid. The RE is not about horror anymore, and fans try to get CAPCOM to hear them out and return to the roots (they don't want their franchise canned, they just want it to be scary again). CAPCOM explained why they went down the road they went, and that just infuriated the fans even more. RE4, 5 and 6 are not bad games, they're just not horror games.

As for the movies, I never watched any other movie besides 1, because having a Tomb Raider clone as a lead protagonist is super-irritating for me. I hate one-girl-army characters. I hate them with a passion. ANd if the movies are crap, which they are, people have the right to call them so. It's perfectly legitimate for a guy to go watch Resident Evil 8 out of curiosity of seeing how much more crappy they can make it. Not my kind of thing, but another one may want to see it for that reason.

As for your amazing Bay movies, I don't like them since 2, but I go and watch them. Why? Because I support the franchise, and specifically, the things that come out ALONGside the movies. Transformers Prime and the Cybertron games would never have been released if it wasn't for the movies, so, while the movies *do* suck donkey d*&k, I support them in order to have great things like Prime and Fall of Cybertron.

Another reason I went and saw DOTM was the fact that everyone was like: "It's so much darker than the other too films" and "the robots have so much development" and "everyone gets a chance to shine". The guys who those things were probably Optimus fanboys, or something I don't know.

What I DO know, is that it's sad, totally sad to have your favourite childhood character say 2 lines of dialogue and consider that, "A chance to shine" or "character development". We've been so accustomed to be fed with crumbs, we consider 10 seconds of Starscream screentime as character development.

Now THAT's pathetic.

13. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

Well I will never touch the bay movies,not even with a long stick.

14. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

I don't know. However, you're all saying the stuff will be the same. For me, since I loved all three movies, each one more than the last, that's good.

My best guess is people hang around the movie forum to troll and this isn't the mainstream TF community. I could be wrong. Where I live, the movies are king among the TF franchises.

That Alfred joke was so hilarious and awesome, I applaud you.

Now, I don't mind people voicing their opinion. But seriously, movie-hating crowd. Post ONCE that you disliked the movies and why, then leave the damn forum. All this is getting annoying. Hate breeds only hate.

Also, most of the actual movie fans probably left the forum due to lack of news and will flood in when the first crack of TF4 news comes in.

15. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

This isn't the "kiss the movies' asses" forum, it's the Bayformers forum. And two, the topic was about the hate, so replies are going to be full of hate.

I suggest, if the hate annoys you, to avoid threads like this one.

16. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    That's what transfans do, they whine online.

now, in person, it varies more.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I live in hope so I follow the production and keep coming back, but that hope is always tempered by knowing that there are three examples already made that suggest I'm likely to be disappointed in some way when the next one hits if it keeps doing the same poor dance moves. At least for TF4 we've been offered promise of some kind of shake-up (vague as what that shake-up may be) so my hope is that some of the crap drops off when it's shaken during the making.

Why are people hating on TF4? I guess because for some the previous three BayFormers movies haven't given many much hope that the next one will be any better. Get your hating in now and avoid being disappointed when the movie hits, or maybe pleasantly surprised if it turns out to not be a steaming pile again. Go in with low expectations and have them vindicated or have them flipped over and their belly actually tickled bigstyle more than if you went in expecting awesomes to begin with. I sometimes like it when I'm expecting a shitty day and then it turns out okay. That's actually more satisfying than expecting a good day and then just getting what you expected. Whoop...

Besides, why are people loving on TF4? Because they're judging the potential based on their love of the previous three movies? Other people are applying the same method but to their opposite feelings of the Bay movies. So don't be bagging on people for essentially doing the same thing you're doing but just coming at it from the other side of the fence.

18. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Because the first three were shit sandwiches, I'm certain the fourth will be Fillet Mignon....fillet mignon of shit.

There are so many reason why the movies are dreck. Perhaps one should ask a film student.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    [citation needed]

I don't understand all the posts in this thread that seem to imply (at least by my reading) that the movies should be immune to criticism from people who didn't enjoy them. If a person knows (or at least expects strongly) the movie will be something they won't enjoy, and sees it anyway, yeah, that's something of a masochistic action (though it may be driven by more complex motives than thinking the movie will/won't be awesome). But at the same time, it doesn't mean there weren't things in the movie that deserve to be criticized or picked apart, and it doesn't mean that people forfeit an ability to do so on an online discussion forum about said movies.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  20. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

That's me right there. I don't think either sequel touches the first, but at least ROTF is fun for me to watch. I was tempted to buy into the hype they were selling about DOTM and then I ended up almost hating it.

I think Spielberg is the reason TF1 stands out - and since he backed off from the the sequels I've got no reason to think that's going to change for a TF4, so with the same team as DOTM we're not going to get much different.

Add my favorite character being gone in TF4...and yeah, I think winning the lottery is more likely than me getting excited about TF4.

Will I not see it? I'm sure I will see it once. The thing is, because of the first movie, I was such a freaking fan of the movieverse that I know I'll turn out once it see how it supposedly ends ("for real this time guyz"), and judge from there.

I wouldn't call myself hating on it. I'm just not excited about it.