Why Are We Complaining?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ciberw0lf, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciberw0lf

ciberw0lf Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m getting kind of annoyed by all the flaming and ranting I hear about the upcoming movie. Right now, most of what we have are some concept pictures, prototypes, and rumors; so what are we complaining about? We have only a few facts to work on.

This is at least the 8th version of the Transformers we have (G1, BW, BM, RiD, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. Not including the comic book versions and any series not released here in the states), I think we should expect a different version of the bots. In just those 7 series I mentioned, how many different forms of Megatron did we have? Can you honestly tell me you liked every single one of them? At least the leaked picture of Movie Megatron had a similar cowl (in battle mode) as G1 Megatron.

The Megatron images aren’t the only ones getting flamed. From the images found here we have a look at the prototype images and toys from the movies. The first two are of ‘Incinerator’ and we see the movie version and toy version. Now the movie transformations look like they will be complex so I’m not surprised that the toy looks a little simplified, but still looks close. I saw someone say the transformation looked simple in the toy, but I offer Cybertron Optimus Prime as an example of easy transformation, just a hand full of moves and he goes from truck to robot. I’d also recommend looking at some of the old G1 toys, those transformations were simple when compared to those of the Alternators. Although I am a little worried about the other toys, these prototypes leave me confident in the design team.

The Starscream prototype is getting some heat too. I agree that I’d like to see the typical Starscream head that we’ve seen all along. I only have this to offer, these are prototypes, hopefully the head will change. (On an off note, didn’t Starscream’s spark inhabit Waspinator’s body in BW?) Prime is catching some flak for the Flames. Now I have my opinion, but so do all of you. We have had a Prime with flames in the past, or at least a toy, so it is in Transformers’ history. I would suggest that all those against the flames, buy the toy when it comes out and kitbash it to the paint job you want.

As for Exploding transformation versus Articulate transformation, I lean towards articulation, but again this is just a rumor. Once we have something concrete, then we should rant about it, but until then, know it is just a rumor.

With all this said, how can we complain about the movie any more then the next cartoon version that comes along? I didn’t visit this sight much when Cybertron came out, so if this is what normally happens when a new version comes out, then I hope I’m not boring you all. All the ranting is being done on rumors that have not been confirmed and a few leaked prototype images. Please wait till we have more details before you run off and claim Michael Bay raped your childhood. I bet we will have a movie that will fit nicely next to the original movie and with the same critical acclaim.

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Some of use flame the movie due to the fact that we find it mocking the original stories, and not doing any good to the transformers at all.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cyberw0lf, I agree with you on this, but there is no way to stop people from complaining. They have their own opinion, and if they happen to flame/rant about something, just let them be. It also doesn't help when one of us, the people who like what we see and can't wait to see the actuall movie, rants about people ranting. I just doen't read any posts that complain anymore, especially about the movie. I say we just let people complain/flam/rant all they want to, they are entitled to their opinion, wether they are basing it on fact or rumor doesn't matter, it's their opinion, let them have one. Peace out.

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

there are fans out there who think anything other the G1 is mocking the series. I"m not pointing fingers though.

Im not really digging the designs, but im going to give them a chance. like the person who started this topic said. we have had A LOT of different versions of transformers, if you dont like this one, wait a couple of years. You'll find somthing you will like, if not. We have the DVDs of the old shows.

5. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

Becaue amazingly, some people have opinions which conflict with the interests of the movie's producers.

6. ciberw0lf

News Credits:
    I agree, but are these the same complaints we get with a new series? Should we treat the movie any different then a new series? There seems to be a lot more then I've seen for other series.

7. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

This is the problem I have with the "pro movie" camp. They don't seem to understand what "hollywood blockbuster" means!

This is nothing like a new series. This will become THE mainstream Transformers now.

I don't think any of the haters are saying this will for sure be a shit movie. I'm not! I'm willing to admit it could be a very good movie, but if it is, doesn't that make it all the more disappointing that it could have been that much better?

With a series your expectation is pretty low anyway.

8. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Acutally, Kittie, most haters ARE saying that, and the assumption that the movie will become THE mainstream Transformers is a bit baseless.
    Will it have an effect? Definately, but things will change (see how X-Men eventually went back to their classic spandex despite a few years with the "Matrix uniforms"), and there is no solid way of saying how long it will last.

In the past year, we've had MANY different interpretations of the brand on the market:
    Beast Wars
    Alternators
    Titanium's varied offerings
    Cybertron, which has been all over the map in design
    The movie is just another view, and we don't know anything about next fall which is rumored to have a new series (and you can be assured Hasbro will have product ready)

9. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping the movie turns out well because I haven't seen any Transformers worth watching since Beast Wars/Machines.
    The Japanese animated series (RiD, Armada, Energon, Cybertron) are not to my taste, so that makes it a long time between drinks for me :p 

Personally, I don't like the designs for the movie but I'm willing to give them a chance and see how they interact on screen. I'm hoping that there will be significant character interaction and development and not a Hollywood blowout like some other big-name, big-hype films.

Most people on the boards are pretty passionate about Transformers and will bring their own opinions to the table. Some express them better than others; but that's what the boards are for. After the initial explosion of love/hate I'm sure things will settle down...until the next major issues :) 

10. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Why are you complaining about people complaining? People complain about things they don't like.

Many people have been waiting for this film for a very, very long time. When someone has a close association with something for so long, there is a sense of... well, ownership, for lack of a better word. When someone new comes in and starts changing things all around, it's starts to feel a bit like a violation.

Many people simply have little understanding of how things work in Hollywood, and how things need to be adapted, and they'll whine about any change at all. There are people here who still think the G1 stuff was well written. I remember getting into a debate with someone once over the XMen film. He said they should have just done a straight adaptation of Giant Size X-Men #1 (the one that introduced the "new" X-Men in the 70s). He could not conceive how bad an idea that was (He also thought I was an idiot for suggesting that they should probably develop Pyro, which is exactly what they did).

Of course, there are simply those who are being perfectly reasonable about what they dislike like SentinalPrimeisDead. They may understand the need for a new continuity, new designs, emphasis on human actors, etc,. but that doesn't mean they have to like the specific designs, actors, etc that the producers chose to go with. They will keep an open mind about what's to come, but message boards are for posting opinion, and for now, we have to go with what we have, even if it isn't much.

11. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

How many more of these "why are we" threads do we need to go through????

No-one as a whole have many complaints any more, it's the past.

We have basically excepted this movie for what it is, summer action flick.

12. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

No they're not. That IS a baseless claim. Most "haters" take specific issues with it and then someone like you comes along bitching at them as if they were.

And are you nuts? It becoming the mainstream Transformers is a bit baseless? Like what, Spider-man, X-men, and even Fantastic four didn't become "the" public image of those franchises for quite some time? They didn't have posters for them all over the place, tons of toys, trailers, "Happy Meals" and everything else? Where were you the last few years, seriousy?

13. ciberw0lf

News Credits:
    And I bet you saw the same whining and flaming on those fan boards too. How far off are they from the comic book image? Did you expect it to be a perfect copy of your dream transformers? This is a "Hollywood Blockbuster" after all.

I wouldn't say i'm in the pro-movie camp, I'm just willing to see the outcome.

14. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this is akin to all the whining that Spider-Man went through when Ultimate Spider-Man and the movie came out. IIRC, USM still outsells the mainstream Spidey books, and the Spidey movies are among the best selling of all time. This hasn't changed the original Spidey stories a bit. In fact, now that my wife has seen the movies, and read most of USM, she's more interested in the original. And when the new fans come in from the movie, we'll still have our G1/ Beast Wars/ whatever to look back on. As for me, I think that the G1 cartoons, and most beyond it, as well as most of the comic adaptations of the age...were terrible. Sloppy animation, broken continuity, toys not matching toons. But, love it or hate it, it's been done, and doesn't need to be done again.

15. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Thats exactly what I mean,

All this is prolly going to be is a summer action film....its not going to effect all of the fandom from head to toe.

It just puts an insight to a new story in the chapters of G1 Transformers.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    yeah everyone stop whining!

17. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I don't go into a movie or tv show with the enthusiasim I used to these days. Taking this film at face value or anything like it isn't going to change my opinion.

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's just individual preference. No more, no less. Don't try to make sense of it.

19. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just because you're excited that a TF movie is being made doesn't mean that others shouldn't be free to voice their own opinions. Yes, people voicing their opinion over and over (aka complaining) can be annoying, its no worse than the people praising Bay and everything that has to do with the movie. To both sides.. suck it up and move on.

20. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Jeez...I hadn't really thought about that. Potentially, every Transformer product after the movie will be/could be influenced by these designs from here on out. Hmmm...dunno if that's exactly a good thing. I'm all for change, but only to a certain extent, y'know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.