Why are there so many nasty Transformers fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Brave Convoy, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

It's a nice sentiment, but the sadly the world doesn't work that way. Every institution is built on seniority. The world culture has always nurtured it, so it really isn't a surprise that internet community would do the same. Though, it is usualy the "new" members that question why it matters, but everyone must go through that process of acceptance into a larger community. Though you missed my point, it wasn't so much about new members getting their opinions accepted. It was about new members immediately broadcasting precieved morally superior attitudes about how the older community needs to change to fit the newer community.

Complaining is the right of all sentient Transformer beings!

2. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

:bowdown: 

Well said. Everyone that's already posted here has had several chances to express their opinion. If you like the original post, thanks for your feedback and encouragement. If you don't like it, thanks for being respectful with your opinion and not turning it into a flame war.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    could not have said this better myself Ijudge people on here by the content of their posts not by how many posts they have made or by how long they have been on,that said of the long time members they are very worthy of my respect as they are strong in the TF lore

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well said, there are some posters that bug me, but i'm not going to go wasting my time to post a flame at them, i might have once or twice in the past, but now i would just rather ignore them and include (or not) my opinion in said threads and i haven't been here since the beginning or anything.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If these boards aren't made for bitching, why is it happening? You can't simply say "well I don't like what these people have to say, and I shouldn't have to complain, they should be gone". Their opinions are just as valid as yours, and if they're trolling, then bitching (as you admitting noone should be doing in the first place) is just giving them what they want. Report, ignore, move on.

So long as they agree with you, right?

6. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I may not be too experienced with forums and such but I have found this place to be a great place. Sure you get some dicks, but you're gonna find those anywhere. Just be respectful, have fun and people will reciprocate that.

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Your opinion is wrong. Does that help? See, I really hate people hiding behind "it's just my opinion." Your opinion is that there's a load of jerks ruining the place. You're wrong.
    You're demonstrably wrong. A handful of people have agreed with you. About the same number of people disagree. The vast majority haven't posted. Do you think that means they agree with you?
    That I find rude. "You're wrong, but I won't provide any reasoning as to why." If you're not prepared to discuss the matter, why bring it up? You can start a blog if you just want to present your opinion unchallenged.

8. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I never said you were wrong. Never said I was right either. Just a matter of opinion. You're not going to change mine. And I recognize that I'm not going to change yours.

But you keep trying. :) 

9. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Pm'ed

Sent a Pm-please read it.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    While the subjective part of your opinion, that we're all jerks here, is difficult to prove or disprove, Sledge has a point with his objective statement that just as many people have agreed with you as disagreed with you, and that the vast majority have chimed in neither one way nor the other.

Again, probably won't change your mind, but its worth mentioning again.

11. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I think we're done now. *insert witty mod closing statement here*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.