Why are there so many nasty Transformers fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Brave Convoy, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Spelling mistake.

2. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Based on how many responses to the original post that were in strong agreement, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a tough time spelling four letter words too.;) 

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is this all just a case of the pot and the kettle?

5. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I guess based on your past experience, both from what you've seen people do and what you've done yourself, I can see why you would think that's the reason for my edit.

But the truth is if I typo something, post the message, and then see that I've make a mistake, I'll edit the post and correct the spelling error. Nothing more to it really.

But I will point out that you seem to be making a big deal about it. Why don't you "take it easy?" :) 

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since the administrators have noticed the trend and are working to determine what steps to take to address it, perhaps the question for each of us might be... Knowing that there may be some kind of action taken to address a certain category of posters on TFW, am I someone potentially at risk of falling into that category because of the way I choose to post?

Regardless, whatever changes might be coming will likely prove to be a relief to some and a worry for others. :lol 

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Based on the number disagreeing with you, and the number of people who've presumably read your comments and don't feel the need to comment on them, I'm going to have to ask why you're picking the handful of people who agree with you as proof that you're right?

8. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This place would be bland (and empty) as hell if they got rid of everyone who gives it life. Smart asses are a big part of that life.

9. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I'm really glad to hear this.

So any ideas/suggestions on how to implement it? Can't really go by age, because anyone can put in any birthdate they want. Can't really go by joined date, since there are some really mature new users and really immature long-time users.

Ideas?

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'm willing to bet that there are more people who are just fine with TFW the way it is than there are people upset over a few mean posts every now and then. And usually the ones who get upset, are the ones that can post some insane opinions, and then act shocked when they get called out on them. Nevertheless, there is always going to be a minority of people upset with something, always. Doesn't matter what it is, but I do know that alot of older posters find it annoying when they see posters either with a recent dates or just a few posts trying to act as if they're making some great political statement about the place we post.

And yes, I know you joined back in 2002, but we still see that nice 2009 date everytime you post. It's kinda like going to in a person's favorite bar that they've been going to for years to tell them that they need to change the music to something you like so you can drink there too.

11. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

The way he was talking down to a person there is older than himself.
    Im not saying being older means "Im better than you" ..
    The way that person was talking to me was highly offensive.

Okay enough of that, for those people with their "if you cant take the heat, dont stay in the kitchen" comments..
    These boards are not made for bitching.
    They're made for transformers fans that wants to meet and exchange knowledge with each other, certainly not to attack each other in order to harvest "lolz = audience".
    Those people shouldnt be around here, and Im sure there must be some forum out there made especially for "people that loves to harass each other".

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Lulz. I am taking it easy.

13. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I guess that above is what the real problem at hand is. It's not proof that I'm right. I never said "I'm right and you're wrong." In my last post to you, I simply said I respectfully disagree with you. That doesn't mean "I'm right and you're wrong." It just means I have my opinion, you have yours, we're both entitled, here's why I think the way I do, and I disagree with you...with respect to you and your opinion.

You say a handful agree with me. I say more than a handful agree. You say "you think you're right," I say "I have an opinion that differs from yours."

I respectfully disagree with you and am happy to leave it at that. I recognize that it's pointless to discuss the matter with you any further. So...there you go. You're entitled to your opinion and I thank you for presenting it in a respectful, mature way. I don't agree with it, but you're welcome to it just the same. Thanks for not being one of the aforementioned jerks from my initial post. :thumbs2: 

14. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    Visit a Metal Gear Solid fansite and you'll see nastiness, flamebaiting, trolling and all-around ******ness.

Makes Transformers fans look like choir boys.

15. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think it's also very relevant that a lot of the people agreeing with the OP are ones who have expressed butthurt in the past, some to the point of "OMG I'm leaving FOREVAR" threads - yet they keep coming back.

Why, exactly, would they submit themselves repeatedly to this "horrible pain" over and over again when there are better places out there for them? My guess - they like to whine and complain just like everyone else. True TF fans all around!

16. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

It honestly doesn't matter to me what the join date says. Someone else brought it up and I answered it. Join and post date don't concern me in the least. I think it's actually kind of silly when people look at post count or join date to see if they're going to respect what the person has to say. If it mattered to me, I would have made an effort to get my previous account reactivated. I've seen it a lot, "Oh you joined just this last September, what could you possibly know?" Makes me think of how people's opinions are sometimes discounted based on the colour of their skin. Not to open up a whole other can of worms there with racism, but it's really similar; judging a book by its cover and not the content.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  17. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of like calling a whole fandom a bunch or jerks and aholes huh.
    Wow dude, talk about the man in the mirror.

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    The join date and post count may not matter as far as knowledge of Transformers. But it does matter when you try to tell guys like MegaMoonMan and smkspy how they should post. They have been here longer. They have seen posters like you come and go. And in the end their advice goes farther than a guy who has posted like 20 times coming into this thread.

19. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Nah, re-read the original post. Those who deserve credit where given such.

20. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Words of wisdom

T.C. has a definite point on this and unfortunatly this is the way this post is going and sooner or later someone is going to get pissed-off enough to start the fire so its going to end up getting locked.So lets just say everyone is entitled to they're opinions because thats what living in the U.S.A is about and we all have the right to agree or disagree on something,but lets not let this get into another pointless open forum arguement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.