Why are there so many nasty Transformers fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Brave Convoy, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best post ever!

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, the Universe 3.0 threads are gonna kill me.

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    The world is a melting pot. There are many types of people. Therefore one would have to assume that there are many different types of people on here as well. We are all not going to get along. It's fair to ask people to be nicer. But it's also fair to ask people to grow a thicker skin. I've seen people blow posts way out of proportion.

4. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Megamoonman: You can't expect everyone to have seen everything you've seen. Some people are going to be new and won't have seen any previous threads about such topics, and are going to want to discuss it with other people who haven't seen those topics either. Or people who want to discuss it again because they're excited about the topic.

Can't you just ignore the threads that don't interest you and let the people participating in them enjoy it for what it is?

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    On that line of reasoning, can't you just ignore the "mean" people?

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Anyway, let's forget all this nastiness and have a nice chat instead.

Who do reckon will be the next MP figure?

I'd love a Soundwave, or a Shockwave!

*please don't ban me*

7. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    Can't the new people search ?

Maybe that would help

8. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry if you take this the wrong way, But that's what the page numbers are for. It's fairly easy to browse from one page to another. And If you don't want to do that and you start a new thread, your kind of being disrespectful to everyone else by flooding a page with useless threads.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

This guy speaks the truth, guys.

How are new members going to know that there were topics already been discussed to death? Who's going to dig through 100+ pages to find a particular topic? Don't say "Use the 'Search the Thread' to find it," because the Search function doesn't always work properly. I should know, I gave up using Search to find anything on the boards, because it doesn't give me the results that I want.

Likewise, it doesn't hurt for you guys to ignore threads that don't interest you. If you happen to see a thread about a topic that's been discussed to death, then don't bother posting in there saying "There's already such-and-such thread, here's the link."

Seriously... use some common sense.

10. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

I do think that there are some jerks in the TF fandom aswell. I really don't see the point of bashing with an angry attitude something you don't like. Seriously, if you don't like it, don't look at it. Simple as that. I'm not saying everyone should agree, because I know that's not possible, but just... don't reply in threads about things you don't like with anger. Just politely say that you disagree. Very easy.

Seriously, I'll give an example here from personal experience. After I watched ROTF, I absolutely loved the movie. When I walked out from the theater I just felt that feeling after you watched a truly amazing movie. Then, I come to the forum, and see many people bashing the movie with anger, and just nitpick overly exagerated some things. Seriously, I didn't think Prime is a murderer or that the Twins are racist - THAT is absurd. And because of reading those comments, my enthusiasm was absolutely killed.

I really don't mind repeating threads all over again too much, but I do mind when someone bashes someone who likes something. Seriously, that is slag. Be mature, people. And no, before you say that "TF toys are not mature" that is a hobby that brings joy, something the jerk TF fans seem not to like.

I've said my point. You can now bash me.

11. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think people are talking about when people make threads about something when there's a thread at the bottom of the page, or possibly on the next page. It can get annoying to keep seeing threads about something like Universe 3.0 when there's so many other threads that could have just been bumped. It really doesn't take too long to use the search button. But yes, you could just ignore the threads.

One of my personal philosophies is that if you don't make a rude comment directed at me, I won't make a rude comment directed at you. And even if you do, I still hopefully won't.

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    So people don't have the right to talk about the things they don't like about it, but you have the right to talk about things you liked? Double Standard?

13. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I have been for years. Unfortunately it's involved ignoring the entire site for months, sometimes years at a time. The problem is too big to simply ignore a post here and there and kill-list a member here and there.

14. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No shit. People are going to hate things others don't - no surprise there.

That's life.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Way to invite the a-holes in making your life miserable on the boards there, buddy.

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So starting a thread up on a soapbox decrying people is going to magically fix it?

Your only real option is to ignore.

17. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    It's not cool to have the first page of a forum to have 6 of the same topic.

18. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

I actually said in my post that I don't mean everyone should like a thing, but if they don't like, just politely disagree, simple as that.

I know the jerks will not like my reply, so I just said what's going to happen.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

So? Let the mods know that there are repeat threads and let them lock up all these repeat threads. It's a lot better than going into all the repeat threads and post "There's already a thread about this" in the most rudest manner.

20. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    I typed in Universe then Masterpiece and I got threads that weren't even two weeks old

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.