Why are the movie figures so crappy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Revolver Turles, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revolver Turles

Revolver Turles Banned

this is the truth, facts if you will

i've been collecting them since october, only a couple i need to have the full set, but 5 of my things haven't come through the post yet, but as i wait in agony a realise something

HASBRO ARE BEING CHEAP-SKATES

1. Size comparisons, why the hell is there a giant motorbike in the deluxe section, its bigger than payload, payload should really be in the voyager section, blackout is smaller than ironhide and rachet, each optimus prime (apart from protoform) are bigger than the megatrons, in the legend series jazz is bigger than OP, wtf

also, why the hell is brawl in the leader class? blackout is bigger than him, starscream is bigger than him, he should be a voyager.

why the hell is dreadwing in the deluxe section, shockwave was a better boss drone type figure to do from the game, infact arcee is taller than him...

bonecrusher, brawl, wreckage, dropkick and dreadwing are all to small, it's incredible hasbro

for movie 2, get there sizes right please..

2. the paint, infact theres hardly anypaint used since they use the colour of the mold in the first place, it's a lol - lol situation.

3. hardly any of them are movie accurate, when did blackout have heels? when did megatron fight WITH ice on? since when was scorponoks original form his alt mode? when did barricade have a golden mouth? ANSWER ME HABRO!!!

4. one last thing, why all the repaints.....why all the repaints.....i know people are missing some but why all the repaint, i have to settle for "G1 paint rachet" because of all the repaints, the only one i like is stealth bumblebee. hasbro ruined the allspark

if takara and hasbro are the same thing...the dam. but if it was only harbro working on these then why the hell didn't they let the japanese help?

I'm still collecting them, having to wait for 5 things for over two weeks and was ment to recieve them a week ago is making me sick. (btw its VOP (voyager optimus prime, starscream, megatron voyager, ironhide, and landmine for two months since i bought him in october)

ALSO: if any of the seller in this forums are reading this, i know it's not your fault with the post/mail (i'm british, making it even harder) i guess it's due to christmas.

I'll calm down soon, sorry.

2. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

yowtch, somebody's angry there :p .
    I honestly had no interest in the movie figs except for Prime and Ultimate Bumblebee.
    Everything else is so midgetty or not appealing to me IMO (I only collect moderately-sized robots).

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Because scale is always off.
    2. Yeah, so?
    3. All minor gripes.
    4. It's Hasbro.

Short, sweet, and to the point.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

This won't end well.

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Firstly, it's an opinion rather than a proven fact.

Scale has always been interpreted 'artistically' - how else could Armada Unicron be made?

The size TFs are released in often bears no resemblance to their size in the associated fiction - it usually comes down to the (anticipated) popularity of the character. No point releasing a Supreme-class Wheelie if everybody hates the character.

Non-movie characters are likely to sell less to kids, as they're not immediately recognisable as the likes of OP or Barricade. Producing big, expensive toys is a big financial gamble for Hasbro.

Again, most of those are non-movie characters. Bonecrusher was barly on-screen long enough to warrant a larger, financially risky toy.

That mostly comes down to the colours of the chosen alt modes. You don't see many MH-53 or F-22s with gaudy colour schemes.

I'll answer you instead - liberties have to be taken with interpreting designs to toys. Whereas in Energon and Cybertron we had very accurate representations, the movie TFs are exponentially more complex, and there's limits in both toy engineering and what you can reasonably expect kids to transform successfully.

As long as people want to buy these, Hasbro will keep making them - it's good commercial sense as they can produce a new toy with minimal design/tooling costs.

AIUI, Hasbro come up with the basic designs while Takara do the bulk of the engineering.

Postal service over the Christmas/new year period - it's their busiest time of the year, and the one where they have the most days off themselves. Also, I find your claim that this is making you sick highly dubious.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

6. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    1. It's like the number of licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop, the world may never know.
    2. More paint = more labor cost = pricier figure. If Hasbro is the way my company is, they just want to get a passable figure out as cheaply as possible while jacking up the price.
    3. See answer to question 1 though I imagine Blackout has heels so you can make him stand properly.
    4. Repaints are even more cheaply made figures since all you do is change the colors and not the mold, which means they're paying off the cost of the mold faster. However, if this is all done in China, I'd imagine the cost for the molds is already made up; therefore, it's a "more money" grab.

7. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    They can't make them too good, they have to have something to sell you later.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see you make 100% accurate figures of uber complicated characters too.

9. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

i thought these were pretty cheap aswell, that is, the first time i saw bumblebee i thought... hmm everythings plastic?? no clear windows, plastic wheels? YUK but then my gfs nephew was playing with a barricade and dispite all the plastic stuff it does have some quality and high detail and i couldnt help but to buy one for myself :D 

10. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    QFT. im tired of people complaining.

11. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Everyone has pretty much answered averything else, but I'd like to add that Barricades mouth/face area WAS gold and Blackout had heels.
    *wink*

12. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

If you don't like 'em this much, stop buying them all.

If you insist on collecting the entire set, then quit being such a baby.

13. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT, I second that. & also i'm tired of hearing people complaining abt da same thing ad nauseum (over & over again) :banghead: 

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm the -only one- whose movie toys are all in perfect scale, made of stainless steel alloys with powdered paint detailings, and have working lights and hydraulics???

Oh wait I forgot- my shipping box said "TF Movie Asst. : One True Wave". My bad. :( 

15. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

:bowdown: 

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Wait, now youre complaining of scale size?!?!? Um, do we remember G1 Huffer and Optiimus Prime?!?!? I got over it and have enjoyed TF toys since.

17. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah scale is just about an impossiblity due to the movie, if you've ever seen the pic wit screamer and prime in alt mode on the tarmac you'd see why. Most likely those that don't really like the movie designs won't like the toys as much, same with those that worshipped them would be dissipointed with loss of certain details in order to make the mold work. It's all about opinion and everybody has a different one.

btw my 08 bumblebee's waist is about as tight as a dashboard hula dancers, but i still enjoy him, not everything can be near perfect, just try to take the good from the bad, and enjoy what you got.

18. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Has there ever been a series where the scale was perfectly spot on?

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Alternators, and that's about it. People always get so PISSED about the movie figures being out of scale, but they're quick to forget that it's always been that way.

I'm guessing the only reason they care all of a sudden is because of the real world movie setting.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Everyone already answered everything. I'm just here for the laughs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.