Why are the FoC figures so small?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

So if we stop complaining they'll suddenly get bigger? How will Hasbro know we don't like the smaller size? Not sure I wanna test your theory. Then again I sure don't want them to be even smaller ...

2. Jazz342

What about foc prime vs wfc prime? Foc is dinky. If he wasn't a truck vs wfc primes car? mode, I would call him Orion pax.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He was joking.

4. Jazz342

I wasn't exactly being serious either.

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Do you own Prime Knockout ?

Speaking of which I can't say I'm diggin' the idea of clipped on wheels very much not only as they look cheap but they don't roll properly either.

The only good side they have is you can simulated battle damage or get at the disc brakes more easily to paint them.

6. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

well. i do own a prime Knockout. He is small in terms of car mode but bot mode he's about the same height as WFC Optimus

7. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

I do wonder about the scale. Prime is much shorter than Jazz, which makes no sense.

8. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    No, he isn't. I don't know why everyone is complaining about the FOC toys scale among themselves, they're all about the same size.

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This tracks withe the Voyager Soundwave I saw at BotCon. That guy was a monster.

10. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

You're probably right but I have such a hard time shaking my memories of G1 cartoon/toy Shockwave, who was like twice as tall as the female autobots. FoC will probably feel dinky until I see him in the game. Great toy, though.

11. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    yeah and in one episode Bumblebee turned into a car and DROVE up Megatrons leg....meaning Megatron was the size of Omega Supreme suddenly. don't rely too much on G1 'scale' lol

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    He's alright.

13. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime is shorter than Jazz...but just by a little

14. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm not citing the G1 cartoon as an infallible authority, I'm just explaining the impression I carry around having grown up watching it.

15. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Actually I decided to do some quick investigation and I don't see the shrinking.
    I put a figure from each line,selected at random, set in a row (granted I don't really own any Movie toys) and the only significant increase is Cyclonus from Universe 2.0, but given the fact that 2.0 was only like....6 original Molds I don't really think that is a good example.

Here they are in a row, with a picture taken at near level position with the line bar. (and it's crude, I did this in like 4 minutes) But I think it shows...there really isn't a SIGNIFICANT reduction in size.

Attached Files:

16. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    you know the real reason for them getting smaller is because of collector's constant complaint of not having enough space for figures....lol....nah...

DA REAL

reason is because Hasbro likes to show off their skills they can make smaller figures and still have crazy articulation and detail on them....

:p 

17. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know on consumer end cameras the sides tend to warp. Almost like a fish eye. Also you should probably get as many versions of the same character together (I saw wheeljack and thought I'd want to see all wheeljacks size comparison).

edit: checked and it's straight but the figures aren't even with each other in depth of field going by the feet.

I think part of the complaints are the Hollow feeling of the plastic as well but a majority is the price increase with the suspected shrinkage.

18. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    there is no trickery here, they are all flush against the back wall. different toys have different sized feet ( a bigger variance than the total mass of the toy over time).

19. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't mean to imply trickery. Given feet size then how are they flush? Heels count too :) 

The last 3 look pretty small compared to the beginning of the line but yes mass is the issue. FOC prime compared to WFC prime is significantly smaller and as such I think toy comparisons over various lines of a single character is more apt.

Me? I could give two hoots because Hasbro already said the size was getting smaller and they said why the size was getting smaller and the explanation given would explain price increase. That and I'd prefer they get smaller :) 

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Why can't Hasbro make deluxe class figures like they used to? Transformers are made of plastic, not gold.