Why are the autobots scary looking?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    True that. When it was rumoured that Soundwave was still in the moive, I wanted them to use a modified Mi-24 Hind Gunship :D 

2. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Actually I tihnk in real life if their were 19 foot huminoids walking around...I must likley would either A:Be a racist agains huminoids or B: Relating to them because their facial expressions most likley relate to human emotions.

....I wouldnt now personaly....but chuck norris might :lol 

3. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But would you want to direct a movie with that many interested parties involved?

"Hey, Saturn's pissed that GM and Mazda get more screentime, so we need to rewrite that touching moment between Bumblebee and Spike to be between Bumblebee and Jazz. Or Jazz and Spike. Or make Bumblebee a Saturn. Whatever's cheapest."

I just don't think its good for the movie to have that many hands in the cookie jar. When you've got one car manufacturer to please, you have less on your plate.

4. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Yea, its best not to doddle between car companys during filming, especially with the competition these days. Best idea Bay made though. The last thing i would want is for them to change seens because other Co.'s didnt like it for certain reasons.

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    yeah i can see it being a problem. but DAMN i wish jazz was Lamborghini. or at least a Saturn Sky. that's GM. and it looks better than a Solstice.

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    See this is why I'd be a bad movie director, because I tell them all to go hang and sod the legal consequences.......that sort of vested self interest when it comes to film shits me

7. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hear ya. And I understand the emotional response.

But this movie cost $150 million to make. At some point, you just have to realize that art comes secondary to the financial responsibilities if you want to continue getting trusted with hundreds of millions of dollars as a filmmaker.

And, believe it or not, I do think there's some artistic merit to the kind of pure popcorn action that Bay makes. But the stories he tells can't be told without a lot of money, and I have tremendous respect for the way Bay walks the tightrope of making the movies he wants to make and still turning a profit for the studios he works for.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah I know, I know. I think the main reason I find it odd, is because where I live, I don't see that many cars from General Motors, not including Holdens. Never much cared for most of their designs either.

Oh well, ces't la vie