Why always Jetfire will swap sides theory?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jazz1979, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

I really wonder why so many members here expect a similar character plot like for Movie's Jetfire linked with the relationship between G1 season1 Jetfire and Starscream.
    What makes you believe that in TF:ROTF, Jetfire starts as a Decepticon and also was an old friend of Starscream?
    I assume that Jetfire is an Autobot from the first time he appears in TF2.
    BTW, in Transformers Armada, Jetfire was also always an Autobot who could
    powerlink with Optimus Prime.
    Oh btw, is the chance of Prime and Jetfire getting powerlinked in TF2 also that high? I also doubt this.

2. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anybody say anything about movieverse Jetfire being an old friend of Starscream, but the side-swap rumor comes from a leaked call sheet from the scene where Jetfire is introduced that refers to him as a Decepticon even though everywhere else we've seen him he's an Autobot, and the Optimus Prime powerlink rumor comes from some toy show somewhere. Someone was able to see the toys for Devastator, Optimus Prime, and Jetfire and said the latter two were able to combine with Jetfire forming some sort of armor mode. (Can anyone else fill in some of my missing details?)

3. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    G1 is G1. The movie is not G1. So Jetfire could be either Decepticon or Autobot. It doesn't matter but most people will remember him being an Autobot so if he is a Decepticon in the movie, people will think Michael Bay messed up

4. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    I believe Orci also said that there would be a character switching sides.

5. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    no he didn't
    he just said not every human are on their side.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There were attempts (genuine or halfassed, depending on one's point of view I suppose) to honor G1, so part of honoring Skyfire/Jetfire's original incarnation would be to have him switch sides in the film. You could use it to add drama to the film (bad guy sees error of his ways, fights for the good guys, sacrifices himself in the end or something of that nature, for example). So that, plus the aforementioned leak, can make it possible (though hardly a lock at this point) that Jetfire will switch sides in the film. No one can rule anything out, one way or the other.

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is Jetfire even confirmed, or is this another 'want' character? If he is in it, then the swapping sides would add to the depth of the character and make it more of a personal thing, which is good.
    Although, ever since the first picture of the SR71 was shown, I immediately remembered that there was a Minicon that was an SR71. That Minicon happened to be named Shockwave. makes more sense than Jetfire, with the Decepticons being leaderless and all.

8. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Who cares if he switch sides or not!! He s in the movie, thats all that matters!! A Blackbird!! A freaking blackbird!! Wow, his robot mode will be huge!! He ll give Starscream a run for his money!!!

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The leaked call sheet referred to the SR-71 as "Jetfire".

Shockwave was the redeco. The original version of the mold was released as Terradive.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I hope jetfire would have previoous relations with starscream it would really enrich the story I think.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Doubt it..

**slight spoiler**

They shot a scene in the museum where the Blackbird is on show (don't know what museum this is, I'm not from the US, mind you, but it's a real museum with a real Blackbird) and supposedly it comes to life after exposed to an Allspark fragment/splinter.

So yeah, I'd say he won't have previous relations to Starscream in this continuity.

12. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

I personally also dont care whether Jetfire is an Autobot or an Decepticon.
    The only thing that matters are the dialogs in the movie. I don't expect a movie with much depth, but a great sci-fi/action movie with nice effects, stunning combat and transformation scenes, and at least average dialogs. Too many inapropriate lines (like in all new episodes of Star Wars) can really give any great movie a setback.