why allways a galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Howdy. just curious why is it that in almost all continuities. Megs at somepoint powers up and becomes galvatron. can we have a series where that doesnt happen? I for one really home animated megs just stays megs.

2. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Because it happened in G1 and all series since have taken from the original series. One exception is Beast Wars which never had any character change his or her name, though just about all of them powered up.

So far it seems Animated is keeping Megatron as is, as there don't seem to be any signs of Megatron needing a power up, though I would expect to see a Galvatron in the series as a separate character for some reason. just seems fitting with how they do things.

Oh, it's also a copyright thing I think. You have to keep using the name to keep it.

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Didn't Armada Megs stay Megatron in the Japanese version and in Energon he stayed Galvatron the whole time?

Plus, as pointed out, BW/BM megs was always Megatron and I think Megs and Galvatron are two different characters in the IDW-verse

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Why always an optimus prime? Its because its a popular character, and helps lend continuity to the series, making it feel like a part of the transformers universe.

5. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Exactly!

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, in Micron Legend he was Megatron and than upgraded to Super Megatron and in Superlink he was Galvatron and than upgraded to Galvatron G or whatever. In Galaxy Force he was Master Megatron and than upgraded into Master Galvatron (on series I know in Japan besides the original G1 where a Megatron became a Galvatron). Car Robots doesn't count because it wasn't even Megatron it was a totally new character called Gigatron.

Megatron and Galvatron are definently two distinct characters in the IDW-verse of Transformers. Interestingly, Galvatron is older than Megatron as he's from Nove Prime's (now Nemesis Prime) original crew along with Jhiaxus and Cyclonus.

On the note of Animated someone mentioned... we've technically already seen Megatron upgrade once (and keep his own name ala Beast Wars) and we might see another (for those that haven't watched or read the Dubai spoilers I'll just say... SPOILERS AHEAD!!!) At the end of the second part of the two parter finale... it was said that Megatron and Starscream are nothing more than two floating heads lost in space... so I can imagine that if the characters come back in Season Three (can't see that not happening) than they'll both get new modes./Spoilers

7. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    The reason hasbro does this so much is to keep the trademarks.
    They don't want galvatron or Megatron staying off the shelves too long (probably why we're getting a classics galvatron)

Well the Micron Legend and Super Link characers were one and the same,
    so it was Megatron getting upgraded to Galvatron.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True enough, but at least it wasn't until the next show I guess... not like the Hasbro versions of the line where it happened every season.

9. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

In Headmasters, Galvatron and Prime got killed (Rodimus just walked off.)

In Masterforce, there was no Megatron or Galvatron. There technically wasn't an Optimus Prime, although there was a human who controlled the God Ginrai robot.

In Victory, there's no Galvatron or Megatron, and God Ginrai is gone by the end.

In Beast Wars, there is no Galvatron.

So, yes, there have been continuities without these elements :) 

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

And IDW is doing what I've wanted to see for a long time and have both Megatron and Galvatron co-existing.

11. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    There was a Galvatron in Beast Wars..II.

Although he wasn't an upgraded Megatron.

12. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats not true what about Tigerhawk? he's Tigatron and Airazor

and i would love to see him in Animated!

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Ummmm...Optimus Primal got a name change to Optimal Optimus when he got his Transmetal 2 body.

And before you say that was some kind of smart remark from Megatron.....it may well have been but Optimus was not called Primel threw out the rest of the Beast Wars and the toy was also renamed.

14. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats rite i forgot that