Why all this hate for BM

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrgalvaprime, Oct 11, 2011.

1. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Seriously?

(ps. i love unicron trilogy and hate g1 cartoon season 1)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Because it wasn't as well written as Beast Wars, and all the characters development from the previous series was ignored. They changed their personalities and everything. People also hate the idea of having an organic/technologic Cybertron. I liked it, and the music was cool.

3. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Love the idea

4. gregles

gregles quintesson

I like it as its really mental and ambitious and im glad it got made, but im also a bit embarrassed by it I mean imagine explaining it to a non transformer fan. its transformers but optimus is Buddhist environmentalist gorilla wait come back

p.s. nothing wrong with being an enviromentalist, gorilla or Buddhist

5. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

This.

Plus I just want to point out that BM can also stand for "bowel movement". Coincidence!?!? (no)

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I really liked Beast Machines. I don't think it was as good as seasons 2-3 of Beast Wars. But without the BM episodes, I wouldn't have felt completely satisfied with how everything wrapped up. I think the Beast Machines episodes helped bring the story full circle.

7. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Me and my mum :lolol  ed at this

8. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    beast machines had potential. it really did. i liked the story dont get me wrong. i just felt like, "huh?" through out most of it.

optimus primal's "spirit quest" was kinda weird. i would have liked it if he had disappearred and then came back "enlightened" rather than being borderline crazy through out the whole series. it just seemed like they pumped something out. the vehicons, as a whole, left something to desired for vechile modes.

it prolly wouldnt have ben so bad if the toys were a bit better ...

perhaps if more was explained, perhaps if they made it less "processer over matter" and more "liberate cybertron". i mean of all the animated series, its the stand alone in that they are soley on cybertron the entire time. i would have liked to have seen more of the planet.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Not bad a bad show. It's dark but way to emo.

Look at the charecters of almost all the Maximals. The Vehicons espicially Jetstorm, Tankor and Megatron were awesome villains.

Cheetor grew up and became a man that's gotta count for something,

10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    It destroyed the characters of Beats Wars characters that I hold dear.

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It set out a ton of lofty goals that would redefine the nature of the franchise and the characters within it, and then failed to deliver properly on any of them.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It was just as well written as Beast Wars.

Wrong. The characters evolved under the circumstances.

13. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Bm was a great show and I loved it. Every reinvention has it's own changes. I mean, beast wars is not g1 and aec isn't beastwars... I just hated most of the bm toys... much like I do dotm toys.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Beast Machines' biggest fan-crime was not being more Beast Wars. :)  Writing, visual style, venue, and (debatably) character interpretations changed. I enjoyed it, though I liked BW more for having an overall less serious tone.

I think the overall ire toward BM has softened over six or so years of anime shows of varying quality.

15. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Also, Nightscream. Gosh he's annoying. He was the only thing I hated about the show. And his emo hair.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Because people don't seem to like character development and change. I still admit I'm not the biggest fan of the Technorganic Cybertron though. IMO it's been the last good Transformers TV show.

17. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

That's easy.

It was a great show at the expense of FANTASTIC characters.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I will never be able to understand the common and lazy argument that people who disliked the show churn out: "they changed all the characters from how they were in Beast Wars!"

No. They didn't.

What you saw in Beast Machines was THE SAME characters, just revealing different aspects to their personalities under the most extreme circumstances imaginable.

You can criticise Nightscream's hair if you like, but if you're going to be all "Rattrap wasn't all funny like he was in Beast Wars durrrrrrr" then I'm sorry but you just didn't get it.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Everyone hated it because it shares an acronym with "bowel movement".

20. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

It's not that Rattap's not funny, it's that over the course of Beast Wars he develops courage and comraderie, then instantly forgets all that the second Beast Machines starts.

Many Beast Machines fans try to make excuses for the show, saying that the characters didn't radically change, it was just different circumstances, etc., etc. And you know what? In most cases, they are 100% correct. Cheetor, Silverbolt, Primal, Megaton...yes, it makes sense in their established characters, and character arc (to varying degrees). But at least have the good taste, and balls, to admit when your pet show fucks up (i.e., Rhinox and Rattrap). Those characters changed in a fundamental way that didn't make sense without retconning (or outright ignoring) what happened in Beast Wars.

And yeah, BM tried something new and different. It tried to achieve deeper philisophical ground than any TF media before, and probably since. But because that's a path not taken, it has a lot of bumps in the road. I have always said it would've been near-universally loved if it had a non-Beast Wars cast, and didn't have Marv Wolfman's dialogue all over it.

I'd be a lot more willing to reach common ground on this show if more Beast Machines fans were willing to meet me halfway on its imperfections, instead of always playing the "you just don't get it, maaaaan" card.