Why all the girl hate???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Do you hate Isabella Moner?

1. I want to see what she can give to the franchise!!

39.3%
  2. I'm just ready for the movie ....

26.2%
  3. I hate girls!

3.6%
  4. I think the trailer was way to Feminist for me

14.3%
  5. I don't care.

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

That's the problem. This isn't about throwing like a girl. She's supposed to be a girl who lost her family and is surviving on her own. It's really about the human spirit fighting to survive. Alpha females don't need a teen telling them about being strong. They're already strong. Just like alpha males. You can't make them, it's in their nature. This is a bunch of insecure women who want to be strong but can't and think they're helping their cause by doing this stuff. You want to see a feminist? Google Malala Yousafzai. She took a bullet to the head for women's rights and is still building schools. A nobel prize winner and she's not even 20 yet. That's who I want my daughter to look up to. Not what we call feminism in this country. Running around in your underwear without having a guy make a comment to you. I guess now I it also means you can wear a vagina hat. I don't know. Can we just have a movie about giant effing robots who bring their civil to earth? Let the humans be the background characters.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you,

I'm going to respond to the bolded points in order.
    She's not, just this trailer happens to focus on her. (Although, I'd laugh if she was the last knight.)

It's millennials. If you're going to attack an entire generation from a holier than thou position, at least do so with correct spelling.

I'm 36, just a few years behind you. I'm no Millennial. I'm also not complaining about the kids on my lawn as you're seemingly doing.

Like it or not, they're your peers and they're adults. They're going to graduate and become lawyers, etc. If you have no respect for them, they'll have no respect for you. (I'm starting to see why.)

Punch 'em in the mouth... That tells me a great deal about the kind of person you are. I went to K-12 roughly the same time you did, I wasn't allowed to punch people in the mouth. Perhaps your school was run by feral animals.

Wait. What? The toyline thing makes zero sense. Boys buy toy lines all the time, Transformers is proof of this. Perhaps calm down, slow down and retype that so it makes sense.

Actually, their points make sense in a law school. They're looking at ways to make money. PC, SJW and whining about "Did you just assume my (enter whatever perceived slight, here)?" I understand why it bothers you, but it's what makes money in the legal system right now and everyone's all about the might dollar these days.

Yeah, that'll teach 'em. Make a grown adult cry because you badger and belittle them in a court of law. Good job! Can't wait to see the judge hold you in contempt of court or reprimand you right there because you're being a total dic...tator.

No, my argument wasn't "Your sexist", because the word is YOU'RE as in a contraction of you are. Even with that in mind, no my post wasn't about "You're sexist" my argument was "You're afraid that a girl might be a positive character for once in a movie about giant manboys and their guns." It was also about "She's a kid, hired to play a role in a movie. Don't hate on her because she got a job. You'd be complaining if she wasn't working and accepting food stamps to eat, so she can't win either way and mean people suck."

My post wasn't aimed at you, specifically at you or specifically at any one person. The fact that it affected you tells us a great deal more about you and your insecurities than it does about ours and my words. I never ranted, believe me, I can rant, that was just a post with a full explanation of where I was coming from. A post in which you took more offense from it than expected, again... An issue with you.

No one's silencing you, clearly. You've been allowed to post your counterargument (badly, I might add) and no one's stopped you. Now who's crying censorship when there is none. For all of the Millennial hate you seem to have, you certainly like to latch onto their methods.

The only one being emotionally weak here, is you. I'm not sure why, other than I struck a nerve with truth.

I also find it hard to respect someone who attacks as you have attacked, taking and making it personal as you have because you're an angry man who has no problem resorting to violence if a conversation doesn't go your way.

Your words:
    Followed by
    in which you knock them for micro aggression while supporting aggression backed up by violence.

And when you try to make a point with things such as "your" instead of "you are" and talk down to people as though you're some great wonder, it makes it all a hard pill to swallow. Fix yourself before you tell others about themselves.

I don't know, I thought her performance (what I've seen so far, which isn't much, honestly) was pretty good. How sad is it that a relatively new actress could end up running rings around "seasoned" performers? I'd laugh. Oh, I hope that's how it turns out. That said, let's just give her a chance, she might surprise all of us.

FFS...what is it with you? This is the SECOND time you've mentioned her being in this film in a questionable way. The last time was a thread full of yuck that got closed, now you continue it here with this ridiculousness.

STOP. IT.

Two blocklisters in one day, that might be a record. You gotta go, your posts make me physically ill. Stop sexualizing and perverting everything.

Just block her. You can't reason with her.

Sadly, we all did. FFS, her posts are just UGH.

That's how I took it, and I'm sure that's how the OP intended it.

I'm still not sure that was the OPs intention. That said, there were people who didn't like Ghostbusters because they were, in fact, woman haters. Plenty of people made comments of that very nature, more often than not and more often than any other voice being heard. There were plenty of people who disliked the film for legitimate reasons and just found it to not be the film they were looking for and that's fine, that has nothing to do with the war of the sexes. But to act like there wasn't anyone who hated the film because it was a female version? That's just lying to ourselves.

• Like Like x 4
  3. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Do you all hate Leia?

• Like Like x 1
  4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the spin I keep seeing.
    Here's the thing: there are always going to be trolls out there on YouTube and in 4chan that are out for the lolz. In the case of Ghostbusters the comments section was actually edited and deleted so that the troll comments looked to have had had a greater presence than they actually had. And then the media reported it as widely misogynistic.
    Here's the reality: that films trailers recorded record number of dislikes than any other.
    Plus, anyone can be- and has been- called a 'woman hater' for any reason.
    I myself thought the film was regrettable, forgettable, and neither the cast nor film itself was funny... and by the standards set forth by others I too am a woman hater.

And I don't hate Leia, but I do in part blame her for
    Han's death

• Like Like x 1
  5. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

• Like Like x 3
  6. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I dont care about the inclusion per se, but when I saw the trailer I felt like I was seeing a Nickelodeon movie. So theres that.....

Aside from that, I am not a fan of the movies so I doubt my opinion amounts to anything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

I honestly think it was a bit much with the whole <insert activity here> like a girl thing. I was kinda just wanting to see giant robots shoot eachother, thats all.

8. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

I agree and have no problem with a female lead. I loved Rey in Star Wars. She made the movie for me. But if it were up to me there wouldn't be ANY humans. Boy or girl. It would be pure robots punching eachother to death.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

If you want to pick at a few grammatical typos on a sci-fi forum, go right ahead if that makes you feel better. The Ratchet comment was that kids wouldn't by the toy because it was a female character in a boy's toyline. That's the mind processing it faster than the hands can type it. First, please tell me where I said it was "allowed" to punch someone? You just didn't go running to the teacher because someone was mean. You stood up to the bully or he wasn't going to be the only one calling you names.
    You might want to work on those comprehension skills. How did you logically jump from sticking up for yourself when you're in school, to 30 years later using violence when a conversation doesn't go your way? That makes no sense.
    You might want to step into a court room one day and watch. They will often go at each other's throats and then once they're done, they're fine with each other. Your job is advocating for your client. It's understood. These weaklings coming up today will one day be in charge when we're old. We're in trouble with how fragile they are.
    I'm curious as to your "emotional weak" argument. Please elaborate. This should be good.

10. Slingshot

Slingshot HeadMaster

News Credits:
    My issue isn't that she's a girl. Gender isn't the problem here, at least for me. It's that she, just like every other actor in the movie series, is not a good actor. Maybe I'm just biased in thinking that Voice Actors are superior (oh wait, they are). Make the characters humans, not actors reading a script. Moner doesn't do a good job at all in this regard, nor do any of the actors in the movies.

11. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overreact much? To be fair, there seems to be this pattern going on with the female cast in the movie. So she assumed there's a possibility of it happening again. Which...is a disturbing thought. I would sincerely hope even Michael Bay knows where the line is. Instead of telling other people to "STOP. IT.," you actually need to stop with your self righteous pompous ass rhetoric because it's making you look like you're not even reading what the person you're responding to is posting. All you're doing is an overly emotional knee-jerk reaction and it's not helping. At all. Just as you feel you can tell others "about themselves," there's going to be those who will do it to you.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps it was I just watched too much of the stink over Ghostbusters because the stink was amusing, but it seemed like Sony was attempting to use the misogyny that always seems to creep up on the internet for some sort of viral marketing tool. That somehow any free stories in the press would galvanize people to say I'll show these mean old men on the internet by buying a movie ticket.

It also seemed like Sony was pushing the misogyny angle so they could deflect any criticism for what was just a mediocre comedy that lacked the chops to launch a film series. Even if your problem was that the ghost effects looked horrible for a big budget film somehow that would get twisted into you somehow hated women.

13. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Yeah, pretty much happened.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm deeply troubled by the amount of people who voted for the second to last option. I sincerely hope most are in jest.

That's exactly what happened, and it wasn't just Sony. The actors and director were pushing that same narrative. It's well-documented across the internet just how much of a manufactured controversy Ghostbusters was.

All to hide the fact that it was a hollow, unfunny, souless corperate product. (sound familiar?)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    My problem isn't with the actress or the character, its that the whole "girl power" narrative the trailer had was just so ham-fisted and unnecessary.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Well, as I stated before people are gunshy these days.
    I think that if they thought it thru they would realize this wasn't some feminazi plot; it was a Kids Choice Awards thing about ... I dunno... child empowerment or something. It's another avenue to sell toys.

What you should REALLY worry about are people like me who voted "I HATE GIRLS".

17. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Pretty much. I doubt Michael "Wash my car for an audition" Bay is pushing a feminist angle. However, after previous crap, people are going to knee-jerk, and knee-jerk hard.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The issue primarily lies in how the trailer was constructed. It makes the gender the focus.

If we applied this to Cade Yaeger (Mark Wahlberg) we would have had him talking about how masculine he is, how he can easily beat-up people and showing off his muscles.

In fact, someone get on that, make a trailer having only Cade Yaeger (Mark Wahlberg) talk about how strong men are and how great they are... i'm sure those saying that the trailer had no issues might realise how blatant the pandering is.

Instead of an objectifying trailer that focused solely on gender, we saw Cade Yaeger (Mark Wahlberg) as a concerned father because we were actually seeing a character instead of a blatant attempt to get female fans interested.

We've had 2 trailers and specifically relating to her character, i've only discovered that she hangs out with robots and that she got insulted for being a girl in school and potentially looked down upon by Cade and the other Autobots, even though we are presumably meant to count that as joking.

Every important interesting aspect about her character is not present in the trailer, only vaguely hinted at. The most important being that she was in DOTM and had her family die, leaving her alone. Every aspect that we could sympathise or like about her is not being shown - instead its just telling us she is a girl. It was a terrible trailer and i hope we actually see more focus on her character rather than just her gender alone in future trailers.

You entered the topic solely to bait the members discussing the trailer and the characters in it... :L

20. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reading half these comments, kind of makes me wanna quit this fandom.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.