Why all the girl hate???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Do you hate Isabella Moner?

1. I want to see what she can give to the franchise!!

39.3%
  2. I'm just ready for the movie ....

26.2%
  3. I hate girls!

3.6%
  4. I think the trailer was way to Feminist for me

14.3%
  5. I don't care.

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Oh jeez, not this shit.
    F/king Ghostbusters again...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Why all the girl hate?

Because the thought of strong independent women terrifies them.

The "whys" of that could fill a psychology textbook. But it usually boils down to "because then I can't make them do what I want".

Tough beans, guys. Too many of us are raising our daughters to be tough and independent.

Gonna be a long cold winter ahead.

• Like Like x 8
  3. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

This is rapidly approaching "Horseshoe Theory" territory. Complaining about the girl power stuff is pointless but the other side is getting ridiculous too. "We must shelter the poor womenz from criticism!" No you don't, and your pushing being just as sexist by thinking that you need to say stuff like that. Also kids aren't all dumb. this is a huge billion dollar franchise that Isabella Moaner is joining and she probably didn't accept the role lightly. I'm sure there was a lot of thought and discussions about what it would mean for her to take the role, she is a professional actress now so don't think it's your responsibility to shelter her from other opinions.

4. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

Can I just have a decent trailer that shows us scenes that my friends wont make fun of me for liking?

• Like Like x 1
  5. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you man, but one thing are opinions and another thing are hate comments about a kid-actor who is just doing her job.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

She is playing what looks maybe a major role in the film so at some point we have to talk about the character. Not talking about the character would be like saying hey we can't talk about Cade Yeager or we can't talk about the new McGuffin when we find out what it is.

Sure at any moment this whole tread could go crazy and get locked down because people didn't want to have a civilized conversation but so far it seems like a pretty good discussion about the weird no girls allowed that crops up from part of the fandom. After being fortunate enough to attend one of the unofficial cons it seems like there are lots of female fans of Transformers so why shouldn't the films, cartoons, and other fiction have both male and female human characters?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

Thank you for that pathetic attempt at amateur psychology by what sounds to be a guy who feels guilty that he's male. You sound like the type that was calling people that did't like the last Ghostbuster movie sexist because they said the movie sucked. You can go on with your social justice campaign elsewhere. This is a page for Transformers. Keeping with that theme. This isn't a guys movie or a girl's movie. It's a Transformers movie. It's about alien robots that bring their civil war to Earth. She can make a great background character. The trailer shouldn't be about her, it should be about the robots. You want to make a female robot character, strong and the center of the story? I'm all for it, because she's a Transformer.

8. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    But when they make trailers about the Transformers, the movies still end up being at least 50-70% about the humans, so...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 2
  9. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Starting a thread accusing others of 'girl hate' is not an example of 'civilized conversation'.

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You need better friends.

There's a difference between discussing her character/performance and hating her because the trailer focused on her "fighting like a girl" or straight up girl hatred. Again, you're missing the point about OTHER places just spewing hate towards this poor kid and Michael Bay because of this trailer.

It's just a matter of time before it comes here. I'm all for discussion, I'm not for hate on people, especially good people. (Seriously, check some of the comments on YouTube. Crazy ass people. Ugh.)

As for good discussion? Cue problem. poster in 3... 2...

What psychology? What guilt? I hate PC and I hate what passes for feminism these days, there's no man guilt, here. I can't stand social justice warriors, they've become corrupt and turned into something else altogether.

It's one thing to hate on the trailer because it focuses on a human being rather than the robots, but plenty of people are hating on this kid because she's a girl as well as being in the trailer/movie. I'm not sure how you're missing the point of the thread, but congrats, you've done just that and personally attacked me with your snide remarks.

You brought up psychology, so I'll take a step through that door just long enough to say that my words must have struck a chord for you to take it so personally.

Calm down, no one's asking you to change who you are.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He presents an arguement, and you don't.
    He has a point.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Uncrazimatic55

And you didn't read my comment. I don't care that she's a girl. She just shouldn't be the focus in a movie called Transformers. Background character, go for it. I didn't take it personally. You sound like some of the millenials I hear at school. I went back to school at 39 years old and the things these little booger machines complain about. When I went to school it was "sticks and stones." Someone said something about you, you told the to stop it and if they didn't, you punched them in the mouth. Now they are crying about micro aggression. This very toy line didn't make Ratchet a female character because boys wouldn't buy a toyline. I hear some of them complaining about why they have to make gender specific toys. Worst part is this is a law school. I should have no problems competing with these clowns. I' going to make one cry in court.

13. Uncrazimatic55

No he doesn't. His argument is "your sexist" and "you don't like strong female characters." I thought we learned that argument doesn't work during the last election. That's not an argument. He assumes that the only reason I have for not liking her character is because she's not a bimbo. That's a rant, devoid of logical reasoning. He has absolutely no facts to make such an argument. It's sad that, that is what goes for an argument now a days in our hyper sensitive society because people are afraid of their position evolving. We want to silence someone who makes a valid point which we don't like but have no valid counter argument against. So we go right for the weak emotional argument.

14. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aw really? Who the hell cares!? This is just a movie for crying out loud. Do we really need to argue about something that is supposed to entertain? Has life gotten so easy and unchallenging that THIS is the kinda garbage we're all arguing about these days? I can't understand why people are so hell bent on arguing about PC bullshit as if it's going to bring some kind of nobility/honor to our names/lives/existence or something. Please....

Honestly, if a 15 year old girl starring in a movie and being depicted as a strong character really bothers people that much, then don't go watch it. It's real easy to do and it cuts down on the stress. A lot! If you don't like someone's "narrative," there is one real easy way to not let it bother you. You ignore it. It has nothing to do with you right? You don't care about it nor agree with it, right? Great! Ignore it. It's JUST that easy. Give it a whirl! Why add more bullshit to your daily life by letting crap like this become a part of it? Unless...you like piling on personal problems and like telling everyone about it? I wonder when people forgot the simple truth that it's just a fucking movie. The movie hasn't even come out yet, and people out on the interwebz are already petulantly arguing over a teenager.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I posted "I don't care," Since her acting isn't great, and her monologue is just super uninspired, but she does come off as the best female character the movies have offered, so I'm not exactly complaining.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't like her, but if any of her body is exposed during the movie, I am just done with movies.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

Oh yeah, she is totally going to. Child nudity is a staple of the franchise after all.

18. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I... don't think... that... will... be a problem...

(Did I just read that?)

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While it could have been worded better I'm going to take it that the question wasn't meant to be offensive but to ask an interesting question about what could be an odd aspect of Transformers fandom.

20. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Because people are getting shellshocked from the culture wars that have been escalating as of late.
    While I personally don't think this whole 'fight like a girl' thing was intended to come off as a 'I am woman hear me roar because men are evil' thing (I actually think it's more of a 'I'm a tough kid with something to prove to adults' thing) I certainly get why people got that vibe.

But just like last year, anyone who didn't like Ghostbusters was considered a woman hater, now we are seeing an attempt to see that replicated here.

And as far as im concerned that sh@t needs to be shut down.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.