Why all the girl hate???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Do you hate Isabella Moner?

1. I want to see what she can give to the franchise!!

39.3%
  2. I'm just ready for the movie ....

26.2%
  3. I hate girls!

3.6%
  4. I think the trailer was way to Feminist for me

14.3%
  5. I don't care.

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Are we childeren now? Why is everyone so hateful towards Moner? Can't we all just get along?

Here is the official discussion thread for anyone who agrees with me.

• Like Like x 5
  2. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

Why not use one of the other 50 threads saying the same thing instead of creating a pointless flamebait thread?

• Like Like x 3
  3. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know how many threads about this we need,
    I like her character,
    the parts when she talks to the camera are obviously not going to be in the movie,
    it is a special character introduction trailer,
    is not part of an agenda of some sort to me,
    is just sad and pathetic to go and hate on her, she is just a kid (actually capable of acting),
    it is actually a good sign of change for the franchise in characters development and against the "damsel in distress" stereotype and ultimately the writing.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

Let me write this down. From what we have seen so far about the Isabel Moner character
    • She is seen destroying a TRF walker single handly (by using her brain and quick thinking)
    • She is repairing (or attempting to) repair Bees voice box
    • She is friends with a couple transformers
    • She is saved by cade
    • She has to jump from a heigth and looks scared
    From what I can get is that she is a character that is not passive and is able to hold her own by using her quick thinking and survival skills but still has her flaws. So she's not a Mary Sue and definitely not a typical sassy female character that constantly spells it out that she's a strong female character but in the end does nothing (okay maybe outside that speech, which might not even appear that way in the movie). In the climax she's in a situation she's never been before so it she might have to be saved. But that's not a real problem

Anyway those were my thoughts. And that's what I could get from that trailer but who am I to judge?

• Like Like x 7
  5. The Smirker

The Smirker TOO MUCH MECHA, TOO LITTLE MONEY

Always wanting more to do in north carolina
    The trailer looked bad for the girl and looked to boast girls to be more feminist, like "Throw like a girl", "Fight like a girl", it's not a very good image for tlk anyways. I really don't care for the trailer anyways. I appreciate what michael bay has done, like making a young, independent girl be the focus of the film, which is very good. I already like her tbh, but the narrating of feminism was dissapointing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:

7. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    I agree. I never meant this to be clickbait. I just wanted to hear people's point of view.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

Okay I'll think twice before I write down things

• Like Like x 2
  9. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The point is that this is not true, the official description of the movie doesn't even mention Izzy:

Transformers: The Last Knight
    Directed by Michael Bay

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference. In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive: theirs, or ours.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Smirker

The Smirker TOO MUCH MECHA, TOO LITTLE MONEY

Always wanting more to do in north carolina
    Character I mean, I haven't been in movie talk at all, still, I think she'll be a character of some sort.

11. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wait, so you're telling me that people are genuinely butthurt about a 15 year old girl having a major role in a movie?

• Like Like x 7
  12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not liking the young female character is nothing new. There were people who hated Sari on Transformers Animated. There were people who wanted to say that Miko of Transformers Prime was the worst thing to ever happen to Transformers. If we had the net back in the 80's I sure there would have been people who hated Carly. Almost a given that everyone isn't going to love the female character if we look at the track record.

The fight like a girl, throw like a girl, run like a girl, and the other like a girl likely didn't help warm the character to people. Can you imagine if they tried to market Rogue One or Wonder Woman that way.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What.

• Like Like x 3
  14. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Should I remind all of you that this movie has multiple plots? How can only one character affect the whole movie, which still hasn't come out yet?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Energone

Energone Active Member

I don't mind Isabella's character. Other than the girl power stereotype, Micheal Bay does these kinds of aggressive, on-the-nose characters in all of his movies. It's par for the course so it doesn't bother me at all.

16. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we not have this? Please?

Can we not have this thread where people argue and scream at each other over a girl? A child!

*rolls eyes* This fandom sucks sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    Imagine the haters reactions if she turned out to be The Last Knight.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

When I take my daughter to see the Powder Puff Girls I expect to see girl power. When I see Transformers, I want giant effing robots beating the snot out of each other.

19. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I haven't seen any screaming or arguing in this thread. So far everyone is quite supportive.

20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I hope so. Can you imagine how many people will lose their minds over a movie about toys if the kid girl character is the reason for the title of the movie? Their just desserts.

This, right here? Part of the problem.

In this hyper sensitive, include everyone, I'm a special snowflake, ultra PC world we live in, I guess you could consider it pandering.

Or...you could actually watch the trailer, listen to her words, SEE what she's doing and realize she's a strong person who's quite brave and willing to step up when most others would run in the other direction. On top of that, she's throwing around home made bombs like a badass.

What it really is is this: This is a guy's film and girls shouldn't be a part of it. They should sit there and look pretty without saying anything other than what's scripted and let the big boy run around blowing stuff up.

Which is utterly pathetic. For the longest time, everyone complained about Mikaela and how she was all T&A and sweaty and bad acting. Everyone complained about Carly being big lips, poofy hair and no one liked her because she replaced Mikaela out of the blue. No one liked Tessa because she was a high school senior in a weird (I.E. sort of (?) legal) relationship and she was willing to sell out Optimus while being whiny all through the movie.

We finally get a female character who's genuinely smart, seems to be pretty funny and her backstory is sad, she's an orphan fighting to survive and the Autobots take her in.

And people complain? Why? Because she's going to be a better person than you would be in the situation? BINGO.

People complain and cry and gnash their teeth to get something, cry about never getting it, then they do and it's considered pandering.

Are you serious right now? I think Isabella Moner (and her character) is the LEAST concern we should have with this movie. I want to see it, but I can already tell it's looking like a train wreck. One trailer has Optimus killing Bumblebee (apparently), another has Sir Anthony Hopkins giving us a terrific reading of a script and there's some dragon flying around and this one is about a street smart kid taking refuge with Cade and the Autobots while the world is being ripped apart by Quintessa, the Creator.

After typing all of that out and then rereading it...Isabella Moner is a gem compared to the rest of it. And people want to complain about her? What on Earth is wrong with this world? Good grief.

Learn to pick your battles and fight for what's right, not what's stupid.

P.S. I know people have said it's been agreeable here, but I know what the OP was thinking when this thread was created, it's everywhere, if not here. Message boards, comic book movie sites, Facebook, YouTube, etc... Read the comments and you'll see how many people are losing their minds over this trailer being about a girl and how it panders and how the movie isn't about Transformers for the 5th time and how they'll never be fooled by Michael Bay again, they'll never buy the toys again, they'll never support "Hasblow" again, etc, etc, etc...

It's a nightmare.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.