Why all scary looking robots joined the Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Jan 8, 2018.

1. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any theories on this?

I noticed that most of the Decepticons are always have resemblances with orcs/trolls/insects, while most of the autobots look like humans. It's like they're from different planet

• Like Like x 1
  2. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you sure the Autobots are not the abnormal ones on Cybertron?

• Like Like x 5
  3. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    Well, I'm kinda confused actually, because it looks like they respect one of the great leaders: Sentinel Prime (Autobot) that looks like a human, but the origin of the Transformers (13 primes) are look like skeletons

4. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

I'd like if there was some sort of explanation, like Megatron promised the more "freakish" beings would be less ridiculed on his side or something among those lines.

I think it reality it's because someone thought it made sense for the villains to be more monstrous.

• Like Like x 3
  5. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    Yeah, actually I think it would be interesting to see some transformers that looks noble but actually evil, or looks monstrous but actually loyal to Autobots

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chuggington

Chuggington Is not a train

Well, I have a whole theory about this, but, long story short, I feel that the Transformers of the movies were created as war machines and originally looked like the Decepticons, because, you know, terrifying and stuff.

It was only after they rebelled against their creators that they started to fashion themselves to resemble other, more civilized creatures from other worlds. The primes would have been the first to discover these worlds, so they by the time the trend caught on, they were already stuck in a mountain somewhere.

The Autobots would see it as shunning their violent heritage, while the Decepticons would see it as weak for that very same reason. Which would be why Lockdown is the only villain who looks vaguely humanoid. A humanoid appearance tends to go over better with potential clients.

• Like Like x 5
  7. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

iirc, the decepticons were originally soldiers & the autobots were used for more civilian occupations...but i think the real answer is bad guys=scary good guys=noble but to be fair...the ot films have ugly & bizarre on both sides..especially rotf which was just...they went overboard with that film! (not complaining just an observation)

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Better Dental coverage.

• Like Like x 11
  9. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I think it's like the stupid Transformers trope of 'Autobots have blue eyes Decepticons have red'.

I really wish that trope would go away, let Autobots have red eyes.

• Like Like x 5
  10. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    Well, in the movie, frenzy already have blue eyes, but yeah I never actually see Autobot with red eyes. The closest thing to that is wheelie tho

11. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

thats because he was a decepticon though if you recall & then he gets his eye burned out & he has a red & blue one & then in dotm & tlk he has two blue eyes iirc..why does it turn blue? hm? was it a conscious decision? was it something internally? jetfire still has his red eyes & he already felt 'autobot' on the inside..its an interesting question

barricade has blue & red eyes in tlk also..one of the reason i thought he was gonna team up with the bots to take on either trf or nemesis prime! silly me!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  12. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Before the war, they were probably treated like second class citizens by the reigning Autobots, so naturally they fled to rebel side who promised them wealth and equality!

• Like Like x 2
  13. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    Sadly, that actually would be epic

• Like Like x 1
  14. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Maybe they just think it looks cool? I tend to prefer the Cons' aesthetic throughout the franchise. I mean, who wouldn't want to look like a giant, metallic version of the Predator?

Wheelie and Barricade both had their eye(s) damaged, and in Wheelie's case, it specifically revealed that he has blue eyes beneath red lenses. It could be that blue is the natural color for TF eyes in the moviss

A bit overdone by now, no?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :lolol  So true

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  16. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Well, while not exactly canon...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

NURiD15 Blastwave has red eyes. I'd like to see other colors. Purple, green, pink, white, orange.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Ha, I forgot about these guys. Stockade looks great with blue eyes.

19. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    I agree with this. It’s ridiculous. I don’t mind Optimus with blue eyes and megatron with red eyes, the main characters of the story.

But it’s just stupid to have bad guys = red eyes, blue eyes = good guys. I thought we already got past that with the live action movies.

At least that’s one of the things bay was spot on, but still not entirely. In bay’s movies at least we get to see a little bit more variety than the red eyes, blue eyes trope. I’d like to see more variety with red, blue, green, orange, white, yellow, radiant brown, etc.

But to answer the original question, that’s the director. This is the reason why post-first movie, you couldn’t find any Con that at least looks decent in the same way as Prime or any of the other Autobots because the cons look like animals/monsters.

we got some of the Constructicons who a few looked decent even if they’re muscled brutes, but they barely were characters. All they did was show up to revive Megatron then form into devastator later.

We got one in AoE in Lockdown but he wasn’t a Con. That’s one of the more frustrating things with the live-action movies.

But I do like some of the predator-looking Cons designs. Those were fantastic. Megatron overtime just became too much. TLK megatron was a step in the right direction.

TLK barricade too (although with both instances, I didn’t mind their designs in the first movie because it was something new. I guess it was after RoTF that I started to think more about the designs because I was seriously hoping after RoTF, everything would be a whole lot better).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Decepticons are metaphor for drug addicts they started off looking normal but doing all those Cybertron drugs gave them red eyes, took away the handsome looks and made them crazy.

• Like Like x 7