Who've you hooked?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, May 4, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i've got my cousin hooked back into transformers hardcore lately...its great...when we were kids we each had 3 constructicons, and could only build devastator when we got together....and over the past 2 years we've been able to see each other a lot more, which has been fun....and everytime he comes down, he sees a new toy of mine and tries to go buy it....he's got most of classics, and a few alts, and 20th prime now...as well as a few SW tfs, cuz hes a SW geek too...its awesome

also got my cousin in law (i think thats what he is in relation to me....) hooked too, cuz for his bday he spent the night at our place, and saw all my toys, and then we took him to target to buy him presents, and all he wanted was TF's and now he's completely hooked...i love it....

ive probably got more, but those are my favorite two hooks...

how bout oyu?

2. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've hooked my Nephew on them, he's been losing interest lately though. I'm hoping that with the Movie coming out in July, if I take him he'll be like a rechargeable battery, hopefully.

3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

My 8 year old nephew loves G1. I bought him the season 1 and 2 sets of the cartoons, as well as some of the reissues.

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Hooked? Nobody. The people I know are all at an age where they've pretty much decided what they're into - They're also been aware of the Transformers' existence from the start and those that would lke that sort of thing already do.

I have convinced at least a dozen non-fans to see the movie though.

5. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

Me i've hooked nobody....everyone close to my age, think it childess that I collect toys! this from a bunch of guys who spent 3/4's of their paychecks on Beer!

Beer or Transformers? Transformers hands down!

6. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Oh boy, that's a hard one, but thankfully one can have both.

I've gotten one of my good friends into collecting. He's just starting again really but he's obsessed with my Masterpiece stuff and is getting them.

I can't take full credit though, the Movie has alot to do with it.

7. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

I keep trying to get my best friend to watch the animated movie, but he constantly begs me not to make him. He thinks Transformers are lame, even after seeing the trailers for the new movie. He's hopeless.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I got a friend over in the UK (i'm in the states) who used to know of Transformers, and was mainly a beastwars fan, but only ever had one TF, and even forgot which one it was. With all the new TF stuff coming out, and myself becoming more into it, i started talkin about TFs more with her as she's also a comic fan. At first she didn't really know anything outside the major G1 guys and Beastwars, but she's slowly been getting more into it. At this point she's gotten a few classics, watched a ton of G1 eps on youtube and has even gone as far as to be 'disgusted' by the new movie designs.

All this because I helped her find out what her first TF was. (fyi, it was the European Exclusive Scorch)

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Me and a friend kinda got back into collecting together back in October/November. We had a co-worker who just kept raggin on us all the time about "buying toys", until he went on a midnight Wal-Mart raid with us (the night that they gonna be stocking Classics for the first time in my area). He spent more than we did put together. I'd front him out but he's also a board member now soooo....... *cough* *Lowkey* *cough*

10. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I got a friend of mine hooked on them back in the day of Beast Wars(season 3)/Machines. He kept up for awhile but he started to want to much and then one night his older brother had a party and his drunk friends got there hands on them and they got a little to rough with them, so he just gave up on them, gave me the lesser broken ones for parts.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    dude...primeconvoy, that sucks for your friend....and thats totally the reason i dont like having parties at my place....my old roomates used to mess with my TF's, but they all collected too, so it was all good...they just made my toys hump each other...and when i had 300 toys displayed, and only 2 in provacative poses, it made it damn hard to find them....

i once brought a girl over, and she was admiring the collection....then she asked my why i had 2 toys humping each other and i explained, but she didnt seem to believe me....

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm from the South, if it weren't for the fact that I'm an only child I probably wouldn't like Transformers today.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My Friend Brad,as small as My Collection is,He only has two Cybertron Minicons and a Beaten Up BW Blackarchinda,he bought at Value Village,But He has Fun and Now David wants them too.

For Brad's Birthday,I'l get him Dark Crumplezone,Ransack GTS & Classics mirage.:D 

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I had my best friend (JC Hutchins, Author of "The Seventh Son") hooked around the time RID came out, he still buys the occasional re-issue and asks shit loads of questions about transformers every time we talk.

15. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't converted anyone into the "fandom", but it only took showing the previews on the internet to some to get them excited to see the movie. I guess Bay is doing the right thing after all.

16. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I try to get them unhooked, eliminate my ebay competition. As a matter of fact, I think a lot of you guys should give it up too.

17. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I tried to hook my wife on it, but failed miserably. :( 

18. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Proud to say I've hooked my girlfriend... partially. She owns Beast Wars season 2 and 3 thanks to my influences. I've gotten her to watch the original movie with me (she fell asleep before Unicron though) and we're going to the new one on opening night. Haven't gotten her farther than that, but at the moment she's in love with my Alternator Ravage.

19. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My son got me hooked.

20. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Not fully hooked but my new girlfriend is starting to get into it more. Wants to know all about it. She actually transforms a few now and then when I have a some down and for some werid reason she thinks MP Prime is sexy, which is also her favorite.