Whose side are you on?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Aug 23, 2011.

?

Whose side are you on

1. Autobots

15 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Decepticons

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Starscream

12 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. MECH

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. I swing all ways

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
  6. I'm just enjoying the show!

16 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    I realised today, after watching Megs and Primes epic little battle, how I always seem to sympathise more with the Decepticons than the Autobots.

I think, for me and I think others will find the same, that it stems from the G1 days, where instead of really taking sides, I just had my favourite bots and cons, but although Jazz, Mirage, Grimlock, and Cliffjumper regularly got a good deal of asskicking in, Megs, Starscream, Soundwave and the Constucticons always seemed to lose, or just runaway! It was that frusteration that made it so exciting when the cons boarded the shuttle in 86'! That was Ironhide and Ratchet, and Prowl that got killed off then, but it didn't matter, because finally Starscream and Megatron worked together and killed some ass!! And Megatron DID win against Prime a few minutes later!!

That sensation has stuck with me, a major reason I'll probably never manage to sit through ROTF or DOTM a second time, and why I enjoyed Animated so much, and why Prime is exciting me so much now, the cons might have lost a lot of little battles here and there, but its seems to be building to a big Deception victory, at least for the midterm!!

I still have that fickleness, I love watching little bumblebee having a go against the odds, and bulkheads a wrecking machine thats always a treat to see in a fight! But still I tend to side with the Cons, I wanted Megs to knock primes faceplate off today!! And think it stems from sense of injustice for the bad guys, because the good guys always win!

Which side do you lean toward, and why?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I like both, I don't really take sides as a viewer ["in-universe", so to speak, I'd obviously side with the Autobots].

To me, a hero is only great with a just as great villain. there must be balance.

I do draw more towards the villains usually though, probably because I'm extremely skilled [in my humble opinion] at crafting villain, but not that good at creating heroes.

3. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm on Starscream's side.

4. jackDarcee

jackDarcee Arcee lover

Megs is useless without prime just like prime is useless without Megs. A hero can't be heroic if there is not an evil to battle against. A Villan can't plot villany if there is not a "law abiding populance" to practice villany against.

So, I'm on both of their sides. We need a strong Megatron and a strong OP.

5. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

(sarcasm) Noo.. (/sarcasm) :) 

I am, in a less than ironic twist, leaning toward MECH. Almost totally and simply because of the fact that, to put it bluntly, they are a new element in *a* story not already beat to death in the 26 years of Transformers fiction.

6. gregles

gregles quintesson

I love the villains best too they get all the best lines and get to do fun things like switch sides and be manipulative. My collection of transformers is entirely villains, I use any autobots for parts of customs im working on

7. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I have often wondered what a show in which the Decepticons ultimately triumph would be like. Over the course of the last season the Autobots are picked off one by one and those who remain engage in more and more desperate(and hazardous) attempts to stem the tide. Finally with a heroic last stand the last Autobot dies and the subjugation of the Earth is complete. Megatron and the 'cons ride off into the sunset looking for the next conquest, perhaps lamenting the loss of their ancient nemeses. Maybe we should get Yoshiyuki Tomino to do a TF series where everyone dies. :D 

8. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I'm siding with the Autobots, mainly because their enemies are so vile, especially in the Aligned universe and the Bayverse. I wanted to see Optimus kick Megatron's ass after that "Well, it seems that I've swatted a Bee and squashed a bug" line.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m on the side of Cybertron;)  I like both the Decepticons and Autobots. However, I hate it when Megatron is portrayed insane; so much so that I want him dead, which is a shame as I like the guy when he’s collected.

I’m of the belief that both the Autobots and Decepticons are doing what they believe is necessary to insure Cybertron’s continued existence. The Autobots wanting to return to the days of old, before dark times befell Cybertron, while the Decepticons look forward, and look to strength Cybertron to protect it from those who’d take advantage of them like the Quintessons had.

I just wish we could get a serious in which the Decepticons aren’t labeled evil from the beginning or at all. Why can’t we get a serious in which the viewers decided if the actions of the Autobots/Decepticons are right or wrong? Why can’t we have a series in which the Autobots don’t hate the Decepticons or vice versa from the start?

I’d love to see a series in which the thing separating the two factions was a moral choice, the choice taken to save Cybertron from famine.

The Autobots, not wanting to do to other worlds what had been done to them when the Quintessons ruled their world, champion a peaceful means of finding and retrieving energon, which all Cybertronians initially embrace, but with the demand for energon reaching its bursting point and the Autobots unable to meet the demand by peaceful means give rise to a new faction, the Decepticons a group of Cybertronians who embrace Cybertron’s dark military past and begin to pillaging from worlds in order to save their world and brethren from extinction. Cybertronians join Autobots and Decepticons in mass doing what they feel they must do to save themselves and their loved ones.

A tainted reputation or a pending danger brought on by the Decepticons actions could be what makes the Autobots take up arms against their own kind to save worlds from their desperate brethren, pitting brother against brother or ideology against ideology.

10. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

I'm a neutral. I like both sides very much, and would have a hard time choosing one.

11. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I agree some moral ambiguity would be a nice change from the good/bad dynamic. Maybe set it up like the original Gundam where the reality of war is that, regardless of who is left standing in the end, no one wins and both sides have compromised their ideals in pursuit of victory. I seriously doubt Hasbro would ever sanction something so mature, but it would be a nice change of pace for the franchise.

12. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Working under Megs, Soundwave, Screamer, and Shockwave would be pretty awesome.

13. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Which ever side Knockout is on. :D 

14. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    I am neutral I protect and destroy. =]

15. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I think there are two major factors that villains are more fascinating than heroes.

1) Evil is fascinating, because it's dark. It's twisted. It's perverted. It shows you things that most of us are too ethical (or cowardly) to do in real life, so we admire, in a way, the villains when they do what they do. How many times have we wondered how much we would like to treat an employer boss like G1 Starscream treated G1 Megatron, with blant insults, always undermining his authority? How many times have we dreamed of having Soundwave's methods of acquiring information and blackmailing our collegues into doing our bidding? How many times have we imagined ourselves kicking a jackass away like Megatron does, mainly because we could?

2) Simply put, sympathy for the losers. When the good guys lose, it's game over. So, the heroes must win, at least, where it matters, otherwise it's all over. So the bad guys need to lose. But during all this time, seeing the bad guys fail again and again and again ... you begin to root for them, because you want their efforts to be rewarded, for once. How many times have we wished that Skeletor would enter Greyskull and kick He-man's ass, just for the f*&k of it? Trust me, if the Decepticons would win battles all the time, many people would root for the Autobots, instead of the Decepticons.

16. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I love them both. I was surprised when I found myself worried when Optimus was about to finish Megatron off. I felt really sorry for Megs and I thought "Please don't kill him", but when Megatron was powered up by the Dark Energon and HE was about to kill Optimus, I was even more terrified! I was holding my breath during the entire scene! It's like I can't decide! Why can't they just live in peace?! :cry 

17. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

I don't care which side as long as Optimus kills Megatron or vice versa. Whenever somebody in this show almost dies, but then doesn't I get really annoyed.

18. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Decepticons. I find them so much more engaging and interesting to watch than the Autobots, who I find kind of boring.

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    **I don't have a favorite side; just as long its a good show, I'm happy.**

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  20. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree with you, I've thought about this alot recently, war is very rarely good against evil, and even if the guy in charge is, the people following and fighting are still just regular people. It would be nice to have a war or even pre-war based transformers show, just set on cybertron, telling both sides of the story. We could see some parallel story telling between the Bots and cons, like the Iwo Jima and Flags of our fathers movies.

Still, that said, I think its ok that Megatron is a little crazy, he's been fighting the war for millions of years, its understandable he might become a little demented!! As long as he touches to reality from time to time, or at least we see the normal megs via some flashbacks!