Whose psyched for the next round of arguably the most influential line since G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Necare, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So there will be people all angry about the title but debating this point isn't my intentions for this thread...the debate being most influential line since G1 which I think is the Movie Line. Not the best line mind you but most influential at drawing a record number of collectors back to the toy.

In any event, who is psyched for the next round? I mean getting a 7 figure Devastator, an Audi R8 figure, and the new Concept Camaro!

Does anyone know when we should start seeing test shots of the toys? They came out in March/April when the first movie released in July, so I imagine the same thing for next year, which means test shots should be out in the next couple of months no?

2. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    um...I meant to say "who's psyched...not whose" duh...up late last night for the election...sorry.

3. Wodicus

Wodicus Active Member

To be honest, I am not really looking forward to it. I don't know if I am going to collect this line at all, I would prefer it if Universe kept going over the movie line. I used to like the movie toys I got in 2007, but now I look at them and wonder why I got them, they are not my favorite toys in my collection by far and at more then one point lately I have considered selling some of them. I don't look forward to RotF toys because right now I see the other movie toys clogging up toy aisles barely selling and literally taking over shelf space for newer toy lines.

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to it. I thought there were some nice designs and toys in the first one, and this one's only going to get better. Saving up my money!

5. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I bought a total of two toys from the last movie line. The concept Camaro and Ironhide. If Devastator looks cool, I'll probably get it, but more than likely that will be it. In my mind the movie look doesn't lend itself to toys very well. I'll plan on using the time to get the things I've missed out on past lines or replacing some of my G1 collection I lost a few years back.

6. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the complexity of the toys. Not to mention the variety of "real" vehicles.

7. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Not me. I hated the Movie line and only 7-Devastator has me somewhat interested. Correction: had me somewhat interested after today's announcement. I think I'll stick to Classics and Animated, thankyouverymuch.

8. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie line is the worst, but I hope that then make the bots look less bug-like in the next one.
    If then step up then Ill bite, but if they look like the first film Ill pass on every one.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I have absolutely no interest in the movie line and really wish Universe would continue, ah well.

10. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    After the abusive relationship I endured with the first movie line, I very much doubt I'll be going back to the crazy-bitch movie line.

Everytime I need new shelf space now, it's the movie toys that hit the bricks and end up in a rubbermaid case in the closet.

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't like the movie line and plus it kick out the product I would buy. So I will spend some money importing Henkei.

12. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

Hey, here's hoping 2009 finally clears out the decomposing leftovers from 2007 that've made E-Ironhide look like a brisk sale. That said, I'm looking forward to another year or two off with nothing to buy except for Encore. As if watching movie militants predictably dump their toys as soon as the hype died down wasn't satisfying enough.

13. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Nope. Didn't buy a single movie figure and won't buy any of the new ones. I'm gonna miss Universe. :( 
    -G

14. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I'm personally looking forward to a bunch of them, Devastator? Prime and Jetfire combining? a Tripl-bike Arcee? there could be some really cool toys in this line, maybe even a transforming ICE-CREAM TRUCK!

15. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I'm off to ASDA (UK version of Wal-Mart) soon to see if they've got Fracture, she'll be the only Movie toy I've bought.
    Only one of the second Movie toys I'm interested in so far is Ravage, got a great pic idea for him.

16. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I was selective during Movie line. I got Prime, a second hand Ratchet, Jazz, BB... I could have done with just Prime and BB, those are awesome. Ironhide, I didnt even bat an eye at... He is too damn slim or something... It just doesnt have that bulkiness.

As for the Cons, I got Swindle, L. Brawl and Barricade... Brawl was/is a Must Have...

So im lookin forward to seeing the new batch, and may get a few.

Without a doubt though, Id MUCH rather the Uni. 2.0 would pump out more retro-80's awesome-ness in 2009.

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The movie line is by far my favorite mainline ever, so yes, I'm very much looking forward to the next round, assuming they follow a similar look/design. As frustrating as it was to track down the figures I wanted sometimes, there was something awesome about seeing every store's TF section completely sold out for weeks or months at a time... you just knew TFs were coming back in a major way.

And while some may not like them, there's nothing "arguable" about the overwhelming financial success of the movie line... and I'd say the the fact that movie toys will be on the shelves for basically 2007-2011 means they will indeed be quite influential to the brand for a long time to come.

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

From the title, I really thought this thread would be about Animated. Not really seeing the Movie stuff as being "the most influential line since G1."

19. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    im quite happy with animated

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Depends on what you mean by influential. G1 and movie certainly are the two most noticable Transformers lines ever.

Astecially, I'd say that Beast Wars was the most influential followed by RID. You really only see the movie line's influence so far in the Universe Classics line. Though the automorph feature really isn't that new of a concept.

And in terms of success, it is certainly the mot successful since Armada.