Whose getting MK Armageddon tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TOM, Oct 9, 2006.

1. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    Can't Wait. Been in a bad mood all week waiting. Tomorrow by the time I get to work, Game stop will be open and I can pick my reserved copy up. :) 

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'll be picking up the Wii version when gets cheap, firstly because the XB version isn't coming out over here and secondly because the size of the character roster pretty much guarantees that its going to be broke as fuck.

3. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    Yea I was reading about the NBA Live 07 on XBox. I'll be getting this for PS2.

4. RabidYak

I wasent talking about bugs, I mean broke as in the sort of seriously unbalanced gameplay elements that makes fighting games uncompetitive.

5. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

Does anyone know if the XB version works on the 360?

6. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I honestly want to, but at the moment I can't easily justify $50 for the Premium Edition. Frankly, I can't justify $40 for the regular one either, but I really want the bonuses.

Besides, I took the GameCube to school and left the PS2 at home. Part of me regrets that decision.

7. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Not Right away but Midway has stated it'll be an easy emulation fix since it uses the same engine as MK: Deception which was added with the last update.

I'll be waiting to for them to get the Xbox version running on 360 and to get one of the PS2 CE's for cheap.

8. RabidYak

I wouldent worry about missing the premium edition if your intending to get a 360 at some point, UMK3 is out on XBLA next month.

9. Jesus

Jesus Destroyer of Scudsy

Yeah, I've been hearing way too much about the single player and how they added a mini Shaolin Monks feature, a mini kart racer, every character that matters ever till the end of time forever, etc. And the general sloppiness of the look of the "kreate a fighter" isn't too consoling.

Personally, all the Mortal Kombats just seem gimmicky these days.

10. RabidYak

I thought that Deadly Alliance was pretty solid, but Deception pissed me off somewhat with the mid-round stage fatalities and the fact that they spent time doing minigames instead of leveling out the obviously uneven characters.

Whats also putting me off Armageddon is that they've reduced each character to a single hand-to-hand style to make room for all the extra folks, which is pretty annoying considering that the multiple styles is where allot of the milage was in the last couple and that most of the older characters who wern't in Alliance and/or Deception were never particularly interesting in the first place.

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reserved my special edition...er whatever...at Gamestop. Gonna ride there tomorrow after school to get it. W00T. Go Stryker! :lol 

12. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Everyone has two styles. Some have two hand-to-hand and some have one h2h and one weapon. Boon's has said that theyve spent a lot of time balancing the game but with so many characters plus the kreate-a-fighter means online play is kind of out of the question for me. I play the Mk games for the story/atmosphere they bring, the fightings kind of 2nd tier to me since I'm a big Virtua Fighter fan.

The single player adventure is what I want to try most. I love directional fighting (God of War and MK: Shaolin Monks). I'm gonna wait though since BF2142 is in a few weeks and then theres the massive Xmas onslaught of FFXII, Gears of War, Tony Hawk Project 8, Smackdown vs Raw 2007, CoD3 and the wireless headset. Not to mention everything else I'll be passing by waiting till I'm not completley broke again from all of it.

I know UMK3 is coming to Live arcade but I'm a CE whore so I'll have to get the PS2 CE eventually.

13. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I have to wait for the weekend to get the game, I blew my budget getting Classics this weekend... Damnit, I'll have to dodge story spoilers the whole week now... The game looks fantastic and I cant wait to get into Motor Kombat... Boon had to be on someting illegal to think that up and I'm glad he did.

14. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I'm waiting for the Wii version since it will most likely have better graphics than the PS2 version and who knows what crazy things they might add for the Wii since it will be released later. I may also get the game for PS2 for my B-Day next week, anyway.

15. RabidYak

Characters loosing a hand to hand is what I was getting at, which is why I specified that rather then saying one style fullstop. I would have prefered it if they had all lost thier weapon styles aside from traditionally armed folks like Baraka and Mileena, but most people like that sort of thing so I can't really argue. I might just be annoyed about it in particular because Sub lost Dragon rather then Shotokan.

I'll second the point about MK's backstory being a big part of the enjoyment, its ended up being allot more original and entertaining then any of the other big fighting franchises despite its beginings.

16. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    downloading now :D  1 hr to go

17. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Oh god a pirate.... people like you make me ill

18. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    guess u dont wanna know how many consoles/games/dvds i own lol

19. Fairy Princess