who's your favorite alternator or commem series, guys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 50UNDW4V3, Feb 15, 2009.

1. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Jag Ravage?....yes he is!! Really cool to have a sweet looking Jaguar transform into....well, a gigantic robotic Jaguar.

Jag Ravage is one of the few Alts I kept out of my Alt collection (that was over 100 including customs) when I got rid of them.

He's a very cool Alternator.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would say the jaguar ravage (not battle ravage) is one of my personal favorites, followed by the subaru mold

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yes. He's INSANELY good.

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Alternators are hands down my favorite TF toys in all of TF toy history. Hasbro combined my favorite two things: sports/muscle cars and TFs. I can't help but love them.

Smokescreen and Rodimus are the only two US release Alts I'm missing. I held off buying Smokescreen at first because I wasn't sure I wanted to get back into collecting and completely missed my chance to buy that one at retail.

My favorite Alts:

5. the Mustangs Grimlock and Wheeljack
    nitpicking and complex transformations aside, they're MUSTANGS, for crying out!

4. all the 'Vettes and the Vipers
    ...although I don't care for Ravage's bot mode. And I did get sick of the constant repaints, but I love the vehicle designs so much it's hard to complain.

3. Shockblast/Shockwave, due to him being a favorite character and all.

2. Tie: Ravage as a Jag and Mirage as a GT is are the most unique designs in the entire line (IMO)

1. 20th Anniv Prime (the first Alt released) is a must for every TF collector.

Frankly, the only one I didn't like in the entire line was Decepticharge because I never could find one that didn't have sloppy paint aps. Also wasn't fond of Corvette Ravage's bot mode, but I really liked the black alt mode look.

And as for the G1 reissues:

- The Seekers
    - Soundwave
    - Prime
    - Ultra Magnus (yeah, it's a brick, but it's a nice-looking one)

5. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Mirage/Rodimus is my favorite of all the Alternator molds. It escapes a few of the typical Alt pitfalls...the car kibble looks cool, the torso is more vertical than horizontal, and - this is the biggest one - the altmode pieces align perfectly with no damn panel-massaging.

6. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    alt divebomb.... (for those who know what it is)

7. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, us ye oldie fogies had to apply a lot of our own stickers to our Transformers. We got over it. It's part of the charm of G1.

I wouldn't get either Alternators or Commem. Series - because Takara did both better (BinalTech and TFC) - but if I had to recommend some one, go with the Silverstreak/Bluestreak or Prowl reissues. Tracks has always been a fave too.