who's your favorite alternator or commem series, guys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 50UNDW4V3, Feb 15, 2009.

1. 50UNDW4V3

50UNDW4V3 Cini-bon

just a friendly, relaxed thread, take your time, relaaxx.
    this local comic book store i just discovered has almost all the alternators and
    commemorative series guys. who are your favorites, why, post pics, and tell me your
    least favorites, too, guys, i don't wanna make any mistakes :tongue: 

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oooo. Nice find d00d; you could get some really nice stuff there.
    As far as the Commemorative Series reissues go, you can't really go wrong if you're into G1; however I would definitely recommend:
    G1 Optimus Prime
    Apex Armor Prime (God Ginrai in Japan)
    Sideswipe
    Prowl
    At least one of the Decepticon Jets

As far as Alternators go, I wouldn't say there are any particularly bad ones; as for best one, I'd personally recommend:
    Smokescreen/Silverstreak (same basic design, very different colours) - Subaru Impreza. The first Alt, and an excellent design.
    Mirage - Ford GT. Superbly detailed, an excellent update. Also quite hard to find, so if you can get him, DO SO.
    Shockblast (Shockwave) - Mazda RX8. Again a superb update, complete with gun arm.
    Optimus Prime - Dodge Ram. A controversial choice, as many didn't like him. I did though; clever transformation, solid, and generally rather badass.
    Hound - Jeep Wrangler. All round spring suspension, excellent transformation.Rollbar
    Grimlock - Ford Mustang GT. Again, a controversial choice on my part. A lot of people didn't like him because he's a car; others didn't like him because he's difficult to transform. I thought he was brilliant. He's big, mean as hell looking, and even has his sword.
    Dead End - Dodge Viper. if you're going to get one version of this mould, get this one. He looks downright MEAN in black. Sunstreaker is the same toy, but I personally think Dead End looks a lot better.
    Windcharger - Honda S2000. Probably my favourite Alt. REALLY nice transformation, superb detail. The only downside is that Hasbro didn't release his gun barrel with him (if I remember correctly, Honda US objected to him having a gun).

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll second Subaru (by far my favourite), Mazda and Dodge Ram Alts. :D  As for Commemorative Series, Prime, Starscream, Prowl, Sideswipe and Grapple are my faves.

4. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

yea, honda didn't want to liken their products to "war machines" so hasbro had to remove the gun barrell.
    It looks a little goofy, but I do love my windcharger. he's definitely my fave too. I love the fact that he comes with parts to put the soft top up or down. It's a really nice touch. I just wish they would've made a Miata alternator :( 

5. 50UNDW4V3

50UNDW4V3 Cini-bon

thanks a lot guys, i know what i'll be lookin' at next time. i didn't mean to bump this, but i wanted to say thanks. mods, please delete this. thanks.

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    theres answer for Alt and I like him so much im dyin to get Ricochet and Silverstreak

and my answer for Commeratives I have no clue all my G1s are originals lol

7. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Subaru mold is the best IMO, especially Smokescreen. As far as the Commemoratives go, any one of the Datsun Bros. (Prowl, Silverstreak or Smokescreen).

8. 50UNDW4V3

50UNDW4V3 Cini-bon

oh wait, i just realized, i can delete my own threads.
    i also realized, maybe this isn't a bad topic..
    AH-HAH! silverstreak! yeah they totally had him. but keep in mind guys the cheapest one they had of the commemorative series was i think $29.99 and the most expensive was about $60. so if i get one, it will be only one. that's why i asked... i can't decide which one to get :( 
    although i did LOVE thundercracker.. except his head. that kinda made it "iffy" as far as my purchase of him goes.

9. 50UNDW4V3

50UNDW4V3 Cini-bon

also just found out some business in an online review that you have to apply thundercracker (from the commem series) 's eyes by hand?
    i'm sorry but that is just insane. why would hasbro do that?
    so yeah definitely not getting him, unless i get some cash to throw around to display
    his awesome window box.

10. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    For the Alts, I'd recommend Mirage, Swindle & Dead End without hesitation. Car modes look great, most importantly the robot modes look great, and Mirage and Swindle have excellent articulation and poseability. Dead End is a little less poseable; but he just looks badass, so you don't need him to do anything expect stand and impose :) 

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I only got a small handful of Alternators. My personal favorites are Hound and Rollbar, both are Jeeps (and I absolutely love Jeeps).

I think, once I get some more money, I'm going to search the Internet and buy what Alternators I can find.

12. AMG

AMG Old School

I have Thundercracker, he's a really nice reissue. But I've always loved the G1 seeker mold.

I also have Smokescreen and you can't go wrong with him.

13. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I never really got into Alternators, but my favorite by far is Ravage. For one, it isn't an RX, Impreza or Mustang, and secondly, it's a good representation of G1 Ravage. Also, I really like the Jaguar, so that's just icing on the cake.

Commemorative? Soundwave.

14. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd also recommend the Jeep mold (I too am a sucker for them...if you love Jeeps, get at least one of them)

Silverstreak is cool too. He's my fave of the Subaru trio.

Shockblast/wave is pure win....totally agree with Draven on this one.

Jag Ravage....awesome beyond words for this one.

15. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Since I only got two.. So it's obviously Alt Jaguar XK Ravage & BT-13 Shockwave (Laserwave).

16. 50UNDW4V3

50UNDW4V3 Cini-bon

alright glad i made a good choice, cuz i picked up dead end today, just really liked him. if i get another one, it will be battle ravage. he looked so damn cool. orrr...
    i reeeaally liked hound. i heard good things in this thread about him, and i saw in irl today, he looked awesome. ravage is just a notch above him on my want list.

seriously, really wanting battle ravage right now..

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Favorite commemorative? Soundwave with Laserbeak and Ravage.

18. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Is Ravage a good alternator?

*not the standing version*

19. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My favorite mold is the Subaru one and I have every single one (6). I am a bit biased because I have a Subaru in real life. Other ones that are excellent are Jazz/Meister and Shockwave.

Ravage (cat version) is an interesting design of transforming a car to a cat.

20. Disguy4

Disguy4 Well-Known Member

for Alternators, I'd recommend Meister, Prime, and Grimlock. Maybe Rodimus (or was it Hot Rod?), but I don't own that figure...