Who's winning Cybertron: Autobots or Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by misterd, Dec 19, 2005.

1. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

In Energon, it seems most fans preferred the Decepticon toys, and the Vehicons in Beast Machines. I think that may have been true in Armada as well (where Demolishor, Starscream and Tidal Wave were all big winners). RiD doesn't quite count, as almost every 'con was a repaint.

So how about Cybertron? Obviously the Autobots win in sheer numbers, but what about the overall quality of the toys?

2. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    minicons

*hides*

3. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Autobots best the decepticons for this new line. The decepticons seem to lack in the looks department for the majority. Autobots have had plenty of good looking ones.

4. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

I have to agree the autobots hands down (Looks at Thundercracker figure and wonders WHY TAKARA/HASBRO WHY!!!!!!!)

5. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the Decepticon toys that have been released aren't quite as good as some Autobot ones, but there are also some very nice Decepticons.

Ransack, Crumplezone, Hardtop(and Swindle), SupremeStarscream and Undermine are all brilliant toys. But yes, i think the large increase of Autobot toys probably helps them seem to have the better bunch of toys.

6. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

Eh, I think they are even. I have figures in both factions that I love (Thundercracker, Megatron, Prime, Crosswise), and really none that I hate. Even backstop, badly engineered that he may or may not be, has a certain charm that prevents me from hating him.

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I think one thing against the poor 'Cons is they don't tend to sell as well as the 'Bots in their native Japan. Typically, in a Hasbro Transformers toyline, you're going to see a few "additional" 'Cons to even out the odds a bit. If you look at the Galaxy Force lineup, compare the Autobots to the Decepticons by numbers. I'm thinking the Autobots, including their Minicons, outnumber the Decepticons two-to-one almost.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm going to have to say autobots on this one, big time. it helps when 4 of their team get reformatted into different (and cooler) toys.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd have to say that as far as which one has the best group of figures... this time around it's the Autobots. The 'Cons just seem to be lacking something, while the 'Bots just have some extra pazzaz in most of them. However, I'd say that (with the exception of Backstop) I don't have a figure that I really regret purchasing... and even Backstop might be nice if put into more toned down colors... my biggest complaint about the little guy is his color scheme (brown, yellow and red) plus his crappy little transformation make him look like a Mc-Former.

Right now... Evac is probably one of my favorite figures. He's a nice throw back to the old styled Megas. Well done with no use of electronics and a good use of the old size... just shows that bigger isn't always better.

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to say Autobots. We haven't had this many "new" cars for the bots since G1. And all of them look good in both modes. (even Blurr) :thumbs2: 

11. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I still say minicons *hides again*

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I'm going to go with about even for Cybertron, but mainly because I am usually more partial to Cons myself, and they make up a good portion of my want list for my collection. Scourge, Mudflap, Galvatron, Dark Scorponok, Starscream (take your pick of size), Soundwave, Scrapmetal, Ransack, Hardtop, Swindle, Undermine, and there's still more!

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who's winning? HAS/TAK! ahem Anyway, with Cybertron Galaxy Force I believe there are stars on both sides. Galaxy Force Convoy is one of the best "Primes" I've ever seen. EX-02 Sonic Convoy is beautiful. Starscream is hot at any size (or color). The Vanguard/Defense team is awesome. Soundwave is ultra cool. Even the Beasts look mechanical, no transorganics here. Hasbro is doing a very good job with recolors as Dark Scorponok (Black Zarak) is not to be missed. Even the Scouts are okay. I like all the Minicons/Microns too. I just wish the current Transformers had more Powerlinx Ports, even if they are blind.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Megatron/Galvatron or Starscream. To them they're all a bunch of losers.

15. Kay

Kay Second in Command

I totally think Autobotos. the good guy always win.

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I like both as equally. Love deluxe Unicron, Downshift, Optimus and I love how there are both autobot and decepticon repaints: Repugnus and Undermine, Hightail and his autobot counterpart, so on...

P.S. I hated minicons; a transforming skateboard?!?!??

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    holy crap this is a really old thread from before I even joined the boards! How is this still around??? :lolol 

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

zombie thread! in before lock

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why? The question is still vailid now in light of the Movie. :D 

20. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Yeah semi-relevant zombie thread.

*EDIT: Just noticed we have the same join date. Though you're way more popular than me. heheā€¦