Who's the biggest geek?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Th0r4z1n3, Dec 26, 2006.

1. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I chuckle at every geeky stories. Mine is very minor, so here goes :

-I sometimes yell out any of lines from 1986 movie when I am doing my assignments, shower or just lie down staring at ceilling (resting you can say).

-I play any of my TFs before I go to sleep, just like needing someone to tell me a story before I sleep.

-I put the traditional transforming sound as my message tone in my brother's Sony Ericsson's W800i when he lend me for time being.

-Whenever I heard the word "transformer", it makes me perk up like a rabbit.

That's all I have :) 

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    My little brother and I grew up watching the '86 movie over and over again. We use the lines from the film a lot between each other. That's...all I got.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

For what it's worth, I never doubted you. Dunno why FP was such a doubter... maybe he doesn't understand us Geeks as much as he thinks. ;) 

Dammit! I WANT to be a contender in this thread... (sniff)... but the competition is just so stiff... :) 

But here's a thought... I've come back to Geeking, because sadly, it just makes me happier than other stuff. It's become sort of empowering after spending a big part of my life socialized and "hip", to accept that often it's those childlike or geeky things that fulfill me.

I mean, I'd rather take pictures of my TFs, or construct elaborate alternate-G1 continuities that encompass all my toys in a coherent fashion, or hang out and play role-playing games with my old friends, than hit a club or meet a bunch of new people I have superficial associations with. Life is too short to spend doing things you don't actually enjoy that much anymore.

Easy to say since I'm in a stable zone with my romantic life and stuff, I guess. It was a different story when I was 19.

The only real shame I have about my TF geekdom is
    A) I end up spending way too much time sitting in front of the computer instead of making art or kitbashing
    B) I sort of feel lame that my life has become so much about materialism... about owning things, y'know?

I DO love my things though. :) 

zmog

4. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

FP is a girl dude. She's just mad cause she wasn't partying with the drunk strippers.:) 

As for me and geekdom, besides collecting toys and asking the stupid Wal-Mart managers when the hell they are getting new stock in, I have nothing.

5. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    that's kinda funny cuz i havn't crossed that line yet. out of all the things i do, i still can't go up to a total stranger and ask about toys although i've been more than tempted when it comes to finding tha new clasics grimlock... guess i'm kinda a closet geek in some respects.

it's not a contest smog, share man, we can all have a group hug afterwords. remeber the first step in overcomming a problem is admithing that you have one... oh wait wrong board lol. all stories are welcome.

6. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    Yeah, that's a line I've never crossed. I've read far too many posts on this website from collectors who are hurling insults at employees who are just doing their job when they don't go back to find stock for people.

Just because a sixteen-year-old girl won't break company policy and go find you a Classics Optimus Prime doesn't mean you have to drop the c-bomb on her.

I guess that's not so much "geeky" as it is "sad" and "giving us collectors a bad name", but there you go.

7. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Uh.. I got nothing on you guys.

8. Th0r4z1n3

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    thanks bro, apperantly works wont open it. downloading open office right now... drooling with anticipation

9. Zero Prime

What's so bad about asking when items will get restocked? I've never insulted one. That would just be rude. The stupid part comes into play when one of them told me that they might not get Classics back in stock because they didn't sell well. They were sold out in one day.

10. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    It was created in Excel 2003 format, so that may be part of the issue. Hopefully, OpenOffice will be able to open it for you.

11. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    It actually wasn't your comment I was commenting on, about asking when they're in stock, but it just reminded me of the people who have complained, vocally and with many swear words, because people won't go into the back and get their toys for them. That's about all.

12. Zero Prime

Oh, cool then:thumb 

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I geek out when I see new Transformers on the shelf... even crap ones. I have to fight the urge to leave those and only buy ones I actually like.

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I constantly tell people about the TF toy design and fabrication process based on what I recall from Orson's World and Hasbro panels at Botcons, if they ask me "So why does etc etc". For some reason when I say I like Transformers that question always comes up. o_O 

I don't bring it up out of the blue or get angry though, so I'm not hardcorest enough yet. :( 

Oh! Sometimes if a friend of mine gets caught in my toyhunting mindset, they get verbally geekspooged on with quips like "Na man, this toy is awesome, he has frigging light-up missles and posable fingers".

15. Th0r4z1n3

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    WOW! HOLY SH1T! OMFG! AND ANY OTHER EXCITED PHRASE YOU CAN THINK OF! This is freakin awesom... Trebleshot, I think I love you, lol. You should publish this on the boards, you definatly put alot of time into this, way better than I expected.

16. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...I wanna see this too now. ;_;

17. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i tell my family about any new transformers news that i find out, and my parents tell me to shut up because they are sick of transformers because i bother them all the time, also my parents hate looking at the transformers at wal-mart because i always find one i want:ev: 

18. Zero Prime

If it's that good I guess we know who wins for biggest geek.:) 

19. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Honey, it was bragging. You thought were whipping out the Nerdcock and the can of turtle wax that we would all line up to give it a shine. Sorry but the story still sounds like bullshit to me. It's more like the Strippers went home to do their coke dealing boyfriends and you and your transformers were left to clean up the hepatitis juice from the dance floor.

20. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    did i ever tell you i miss your post FP dah-ling?